About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=659e89c041665ce3e3ab48594ca407d8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

NYCC This year? Oct 11-14, 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Leda ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still have to buy my Saturday only ticket but I'm planning on being there. This Friday, the 14th, is the last day to order if you want the badge mailed, so I'm gonna try to do it by then. I'll be in Jedi as usual! Smile

"You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing!"

"Don't Dream it, BE IT!"
Morgana ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnius and I have already bought out tickets when we found out NYJ would not be performing.

Remember that last year they started selling out of individual ticket days and then the multi day ones as we got closer to the con. My brother was thinking of going saturday last year and the saturday passes were sold out over a week before the con so he then decided not to go. By the start of the con all of the passes were sold out so the people who normally buy on site could not buy badges.

I hope that the Rebel Legion is able to get a table this year but I know they are in a crunch for space because of the construction that supposedly will be finished in Feb of next year. (I can't wait until it is done, seems like it's been going on forever, doesn't it)

If you are the type of person who likes to go to the con no matter what. You might want to keep an eye on the ticket sales to make sure you can still get your ticket.
Morgana ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To go with what I posted just before about the passes. NYCC just posted that the 4-day and 3-day passes are 90% sold out.
Morgana ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay they just posted that the online 3 day and 4 day tickets are now sold out and the individual day ones are limited,

They are being sold at retailers like Midtown Comics but they do not know what they have left.

They are selling out faster than last year. I don't know if that is because people are realizing they are selling out or I wonder if they are selling less tickets this year because of the space issues.

Either way if you are the type of person who enjoys going to this con whether there is a Rebel Legion table or not I suggest going to Midtown comics or one of the other retailers and getting your tickets if you haven't ordered them yet already.
Jedi Leda ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my Sat only ticket yesterday... whew! Very Happy I just checked and the Javitz does have a coat check for $3. I was concerned where to put my bag of street clothes as I'm changing into costume when I get there.

"You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing!"

"Don't Dream it, BE IT!"
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got this from Reed Pop:

Quote:
Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay. Unfortunately, there isn't a table and badges I'm able to extend to the Rebel Legion this year. With NYCC's growth and the Javits Center's own construction changes, we have a different layout each year and are unfortunately not in a position where we're able to simply repeat offerings from last year.

This year, especially, space and badges has been in very short supply, and there is nothing I'm able to provide. We should speak shortly after the New Year about NYCC 2013 and what we can do with the Rebel Legion. I'd personally very much like to support the Legion, but balanced against the realities of this year's convention and the convention center, I'm unable to put forward an offer to you.

My apologies, Peter Tatara | Reed Exhibitions

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea thats about the same we got via the Mercs.
TKJimbo (James Hannon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to ask the dumb question of the day, but does "no table" also mean "no changing room / place to store our tubs"?

I already have the badge, and I can live without a table, but a place to change and store my (& Jackie's) tubs is kinda a big deal coming by ferry from NJ

Please join my Facebook Group for my book Lost Boys of the Bronx: the Oral History of the Ducky Boys Gang
CorranFalco (Daniel Westbrook)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id probably assume yes. If your going, its gonna be an average joe. I do believe they have a "coat check" for like $3-5 where u can store stuff.
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my ticket but I'll be going mundane...see y'all there.
burnoracle ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my tickets for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'll be there all three days, I might just wear Jedi in, Jango should be finished and approved by then also. But that's two big containers worth of costuming I'd have to tote along.
2013: 25 Missions
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Echo Base! I wanted to give heads-up that both DWH (Sunrider Base) and I are both coming to NYCC next month. I was going to offer to do a shift at your table, but it looks like that didn't work out. Sad But, if you guys have any kind of meet-up or photo-op, we'd both love to say hi.

In various stages of planning and progress:
Generic Jedi, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider

Royalty/Senatorial Costume Judge
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
burnoracle ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good Jenna. If you go to www.thomaspeterson.com, you can find all my contact information. I will being doing Jedi at least two of the days I'm there.
2013: 25 Missions
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Punk Leia (Christina)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so bummed that we are not having a table this year! Doing table duty last year was sooo much fun and such an honor! And the perk of having the changing room was a nice bonus as well, to be able to have a quiet place to 'cool off' from the crowds and a private place to change. I guess we can't have all the goods every year! Hopefully next year! Wink

Either way, I will most likely be wearing Slave Leia for Sunday(my first full day of my 30's!), so if I'm needed/wanted for anything, lemme know! Heck, I'll take a few Nerf shots for Shoot-a-Trooper even! Cuz I'm crazy like that!

See you all there!!!

-Christina
Kamino Base
Punk Leia (Christina)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, will we be having our usual aftergathering at Stout again this year? If there is already a thread for it, dummy me as usual can't find it! Weeeee! Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: