About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b21e073440193a222d0a06c85432b12cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ANH Vest: Breaking down the off-the rack versions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the workmanship of the CE shirt I have, the interior is a bit on the rough side. You can't tell it from seeing it on me, however if you flip the shirt inside out you would see what I mean. Every seam is surged, however it is still not as polished a finish as you would expect. Since this is not noticeable from the outside, I don't mind. However, it does show that the shirt is put together in a manner that makes it quicker and easier for them to complete, which might be assumed is how they do their other soft parts, considering the lower cost.

As far as customer service, I have purchased three items from CE in the past and have had no issues. All items have been delivered in a timely fashion and I had a prompt response to all email inquiries. I suppose that Brian's unanswered email was perhaps a fluke, or it may be that during the Halloween season which is probably their busiest time it was waylaid, however who can say. The only thing I can say is that on all three occasions throughout the year I had positive experiences.
CaptSolo77 (Brian)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smugglers,

I did a little checking with Correllian Exports. If I understand them correctly, the vest is lined, but it has no interior pockets. It is made of 100% cotton, and, according to them, "The fabric is exactly the same as the one used on the original as seen in various museums."

I asked if the pockets were "billowed" all the way around, but the only answer I got was that "The vest does feature working, exterior pockets, including a "pen pocket" that most costume and model makers (Hasbro, Master Replicas, etc.) missed!"

Take that info for what it's worth. All in all, I still think it looks like an excellent alternative to the Magnoli at $100.00 less, and only slightly more expensive than the Evolution Props version.

Speaking of Magnoli, mine arrived yesterday and I'm ecstatic about it!! It fits exactly the way I wanted; he made it to my specific requests. I'm not going to say a whole lot about it, I think the photos posted here speak for themselves. Every detail on mine is exactly like what Havok has shown.

The one thing I will say is I was surprised at how heavy the vest was for what it is. In my years of costuming, I have always judged the quality of a costume partially by its weight. It speaks to quality, heavy fabric being used, and that's exactly what Magnoli used. I can't recommend it enough.

I think that's about it for me on this thread. I still hope to see some others (Blair) post photos of their vests so we can see what's possible for each one. I would really like to see some pics of the Correllian Exports one as well, so if anyone has one or decides to go that route, post some shots so others can see what they offer.

Thanks for tuning in, and keep the thoughts and photos coming, I'll be checking in regularly.

CaptSolo77 signing out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: