About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fbbc0844f566479cca54ea025925ed7eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

End Of My First Term As Your MB CO

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banzai (Hugh Coffman)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: End Of My First Term As Your MB CO Reply with quote

My 2011 – 2012 Term As MB CO, My First

A couple of months before the election of September 2011, the Mountain Base (MB) CO elected not to run again. The MB XO didn’t want the job along with the senior members of the base. Being new to the Rebel Legion and Mountain Base, knowing the heritage of this club and not wanting the possibility of my base to be absorbed into another, I accepted my nomination and without any others wanting the job, I became your new MB CO.

The base has had its challenges in the past and having a small number of active members, it was difficult filling in positions for the new MB council. Thanks to a few members who wanted to join me in building our base, I was able to fulfill most of those positions.

The foundation was there to grow, created by past members of the MB Council, and we have been growing but I wanted more. I wanted members who were willing to troop for the kids, for charities and for our communities (of course keeping the balance with family and work). As new members came in, the activities of the base grew along with it. This past year, we participated in more events than any other year. We created a new squad, 3rd Mountain Squad, whose members consist of the MB’s Rebel Fleet Troopers, Hoth Rebel Soldiers and Endor Rebel Soldiers. Our relationship with the Rocky Mountain Fan Force (RMFF) and the Mandalorian Mercs (MM) grew. I believe our relationship with the 501st also grew. Our facebook page ‘likes’ from September 10, 2011 to September 10, 2012 grew by 509%. We grew, grew and grew.

Our XO, Jeff Rodriquez, aka darthhair, continues to be a valuable member to the base and council. Keeping our relationship with the RMFF growing, assisting me and creating all those great Star Wars items we cannot live without. Thank You. To State Captain Jeff Goldin, aka Crash, and Joseph Perez, aka Bloodclaw65, for handling the Great State of New Mexico. Thank You. Joseph took over after Jeff Good moved to Texas. Then there’s our Public Relations Officer (PRO) Shana Farris, aka bakanomiko. I first meet her at the opening event for Phantom Menace 3D. She soon joined as a costume member and with both buns blazing, she handled the first MB challenge coins. She worked on the Colorado Fires Charity Patch and is currently on the X-Wing Charity Challenge Coin project. She’ll be coming out with more products in the near future. Shana, Thank You.

I want to thank all who were part of the 2011 – 2012 MB Council. You all set the foundation for my first term as BCO. And thanks to all the MB rebels who help me out and participated in our events.

For 2012 –2013, I would like to continue what we have started but we are off to a rocky start. I have had to send out several non-participation letters to event coordinators due to not having rebels signing up. I know I have had to decrease my participation to keep the balance of family and work. But I also remember the positive feelings I get from participating and seeing the kids’ smiling faces – what can I say. Also there’s the positive karma you build all around you. That positive energy will give you benefits. As for our Star Wars sister clubs, I want us to continue in as many joint ops as possible. Besides continuing working with the 501st, RMFF and MM, I want us to grow our relationship with the R2 builders and Dark Empire. If you do not already know, Colorado Springs now as it’s own R2D2.

So a rocky start but looking back a year ago, it was a rocky too. With this MB Council, this rocky start will be over soon and at the end of term 2012 –2013, the Rebel Legion Mountain Base will be greater than ever.

Thanks to all of you for your support,

Hugh ‘Banzai’ Coffman
Rebel Legion
Mountain Base CO
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: