About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=343aa01bc52c5f7930370389b02ae038Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Denver Comic Con Table sheduel and rundown
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darthhair (Jeff Rodriquez)
Mountain Base CO
Mountain Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Denver Comic Con Table sheduel and rundown Reply with quote

Hey everyone.

We will be sharing space with the Mountain Garrison, RMFF and Cerar Clan this year. We have less of a formal table setup and more of a united feel this year. We are all Star Wars. We represent the same thing even though we have different names.

Please respect each other, group and the space we share. We need to keep the area clean and uncluttered so please, no storing items that are not armor boxes. Please keep the Rebel Legion Charter in mind.
We will have tote storage, a repair station, changing area and a place to relax for a few minutes.

Our Area will consist of Blast-A-Trooper, 501st/ Rebel Legion display/ table, RMFF table, Mercs table, Noah auction table, R2-KT Make a wish auction table, Green Screen Adventures and Back Drop Photo Ops. We may need someone to cover the camera at Green Screen Adventures. Most of the time if you are in costume you will be posing with folks and answering questions. You will also be required to enjoy the Con and have fun.
Here is a link to the main page:
http://www.denvercomiccon.com/
Con schedule should be up soon.

If you want to help set up before doors open you need an exhibitor badge (like the ones I have available)

I have shifts in 1 hour intervals.

Friday:
Set up Darthhair / Cyodarun / Gundark / KageKS / Obay Wann
2:00 Darthhair
3:00 S
4:00 H
5:00 A
6:00 N
7:00 A
8:00

Saturday:
9:00 Darthhair / Gundark / Obay Wann
10:00 KageKS
11:00 S KageKS
12:00 H
1:00 A
2:00 N
3:00 A
4:00
5:00
6:00

Sunday:
9:00 Darthhair / Obay Wann /
10:00 S
11:00 H
12:00 A
1:00 N
2:00 A
3:00
4:00
5:00
6:00 Darthhair
Tear down Darthhair / Sithchick

Last edited by darthhair (Jeff Rodriquez) on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:23 am; edited 2 times in total
plushie (Shana Farris)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be running back and forth between tables and our sections. I'm sorry I'm not scheduling specific times. Saturday for sure is gonna be chaotic.

Cyodarun (Mel Mattson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, I will make every effort to get there by 2:00 on Friday to help set up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
-Gundark- (Joe)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there in Orange early Friday and early Saturday and I can cover any table shift until 6ish, either day. Disregard my other post.
KageKS ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will assist with set up and tear down and work 10-12 on saturday.
I will also be around the tabels anyways through out the day so i will assist when i can even if im not signed up.
Obey Wann (William Blackburn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be getting an exhibitor badge from Jeff, so I (and hopefully the rest of the clan) will be able to get in early for set up and the first few hours each day (Sat and Sun.)

My 3 kids can help out on the dart monkeying (chasing) at BAT, and are willing to help out in other areas if they can. Mellisa will be helping with green screen adventures (GSA) quite a bit. I'll bring safety glasses for the dart monkeys. I need to get in early to get the lights and camera set up for GSA.

That said, the family does want to see the con, and won't be working the booth all weekend. Once there is a more solid schedule of events, we can lock things down better, as they have things they want to do... and I will be in trouble if I don't spend the time at the con with them as a family.

Sorry I can't be more specific... I'm using a lot of good will points just getting them to the con and getting them in costume.

Mountain Base CO
Mountain Base CO

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Your the reason we will be a huge success this weekend.

I'll update the schedule.

P.S. Bill, Melissa and your kids work their butts off at every event. Please pass along a huge thanks.
Mountain Base CO
Mountain Base CO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People getting exhibitor badges:
Darthhair
Sithchick
Cyodarun
Obay Wann
Gundark
KageKS
Mama Bear (Vinessa)

You must have an exhibitor pass to get in early and help set up, I have to pick up your pass and give it to you.

I will be at the convention center on thursday around noon to drop off some stuff and again on friday morning around 10 to finish load in and start setting up.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumb question; what are the letters next to some shifts? I was thinking about maybe doing the 1 PM on Saturday because I plan to wear my pilot on Saturday and there's a lull there in panels I want to attend it looks like, but there's a letter there. 6 on Sat. might be OK too; either way I'll need to talk to the rest of my 'party' before I say yes.

And you mention a changing room somewhere in the convention center? Or should we plan on car changing?

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mountain Base CO
Mountain Base CO

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S
H
A
N
A

Shana. She said she would be all over the place so I made it so :p

The changing area will be behind our booth. So bring your armor box to the booth and change there if you would like.

Cant wait to meet you!
Jello (Tony)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~snerk~
Well played Jeff.

Try not! Do, or do not. There is no try.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandalfbmg wrote:
Dumb question; what are the letters next to some shifts? I was thinking about maybe doing the 1 PM on Saturday because I plan to wear my pilot on Saturday and there's a lull there in panels I want to attend it looks like, but there's a letter there. 6 on Sat. might be OK too; either way I'll need to talk to the rest of my 'party' before I say yes.

And you mention a changing room somewhere in the convention center? Or should we plan on car changing?

My wife has to leave the show about 4 on Saturday, but Adam and I will hang out for the 6 o'clock shift.

We'll stop by before then at some point I'm sure, at least to bring our gear and change.

Driving out of KC tomorrow morning, can't wait!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Obey Wann (William Blackburn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to meeting you, Bart! see you this weekend!!! Cool

Mountain Base CO
Mountain Base CO

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drive safe. It will be great to meet you.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh... so in the last few years, this always bugs me about cons, as they way they deal with this 'weapons policy' always varies from con to con and they never give a straigh answer. Basically every show's rules is written to sound like my stuff will be a rpoblem, then I get there and all they do is tag it and I'm fine... Anyway, I responded this on their FB page but maybe one of you all that's working with them already has a better answer as it applies to us?

Quote:
It seems these could be interpretedd as somewhat at odds though:
* Weapons must be easily distinguishable from real weapons. All prop firearms must have an orange cap on the barrel. Weapons which are capable of firing (Nerf guns, bows, etc) must be rendered inoperable. Projectiles are forbidden.
* All props must be peacebonded by the Denver Comic Con staff. After inspection, each prop will have a tag attached to indicate it is unusable as a weapon, and safe for display. Peacebonding is mandatory.

So a prop firearm must be bonded AND have an orange tip? Or does 'firearm' mean only things that resemble actual *realistic* firearms, but any props that are plainly idenfied as beyond reality are just covered by the more general 'props' rule? I'm mostly worried about Star Wars blaster, that are meant to be screen-accurate for admission to the SW costuming groups, so they are painted to NOT have any orange showing -- for example would a Han Solo blaster -- even if it's inspected and tagged (it's a solid plastic prop, with no moving parts). Sorry to be dense, but I'm coming from a long way away and don't want to be turned away at the door and would rather be clear.

I've got a solid resin DL-44 I carry with my pilot, it's painted strictly black and silver, no orange showing... (I have a trek phaser too, but it's still got a red tip... no costuming group standards to worry about Wink )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: