About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards
 

Forum and Costume Controls

   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e99ddd57027347535216b2953a339492Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

       
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

im new
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Melex ()



Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 60
Location: Chicago, ILLINOIS
Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: im new Reply with quote

Hello nar shaddaa Base im new to the rebel legion and yes im from chicago. I would like to know where others are so we could maybe meet up and i could learn about costuming.

So i want to know what should i do to make a luke rotj costume. Like where to get the boots, and how to sow or where to buy them and all the other things I should know. thank you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge


Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 3020
Location: Orland Park, IL
Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy and welcome to our forums.

I highly suggest checking out our Jedi forums to learn about the different versions of Luke's ROTJ outfit to see which you'd like to do, check out our standards of what's required for RL membership, and research what you need to make stuff if you want to go that route.

Other than that, most of us in the Chicago area are in the South Suburbs, but we're more than willing to help if we can.
_________________
James Norman
Rebel Pilot Costume Judge
TK-8114-MWG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge


Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Posts: 1638
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: im new Reply with quote

Melex wrote:
Hello nar shaddaa Base im new to the rebel legion and yes im from chicago. I would like to know where others are so we could maybe meet up and i could learn about costuming.

So i want to know what should i do to make a luke rotj costume. Like where to get the boots, and how to sow or where to buy them and all the other things I should know. thank you


Welcome to the group!

Here's a few places to get you started:

Luke Skywalker Costume Standards: - this will let you know what you need to have to make the costume up to Rebel Legion standards.
http://www.rebellegion.com/about_standards.php?id=8874

Luke Skywalker area in the Jedi forum:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=523

Photos from Padawans Guide of the original costume:
http://www.padawansguide.com/BMA/luke_rotj1.jpg
http://www.padawansguide.com/fidm/maggie/luke1.jpg
http://imageevent.com/kay_dee/fidm/originaltrilogy
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/costumersguide/Star%20Wars/CIV/connie/IMG_1322.jpg

Other questions, feel free to ask. We do have a member in WI who has done the ROTJ Luke, Phil "Skyjammer". I'm sure he would be able to answer any specific questions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Melex ()



Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 60
Location: Chicago, ILLINOIS
Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks both of you. I try looking around the site and get confused a bit but the luke i want is the duel on teh death star because thats when he becomes a jedi master hehe. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Melex ()



Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 60
Location: Chicago, ILLINOIS
Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: im new Reply with quote

Blue wrote:
Melex wrote:
Hello nar shaddaa Base im new to the rebel legion and yes im from chicago. I would like to know where others are so we could maybe meet up and i could learn about costuming.

So i want to know what should i do to make a luke rotj costume. Like where to get the boots, and how to sow or where to buy them and all the other things I should know. thank you


Welcome to the group!

Here's a few places to get you started:

Luke Skywalker Costume Standards: - this will let you know what you need to have to make the costume up to Rebel Legion standards.
http://www.rebellegion.com/about_standards.php?id=8874

Luke Skywalker area in the Jedi forum:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=523

Photos from Padawans Guide of the original costume:
http://www.padawansguide.com/BMA/luke_rotj1.jpg
http://www.padawansguide.com/fidm/maggie/luke1.jpg
http://imageevent.com/kay_dee/fidm/originaltrilogy
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/costumersguide/Star%20Wars/CIV/connie/IMG_1322.jpg

Other questions, feel free to ask. We do have a member in WI who has done the ROTJ Luke, Phil "Skyjammer". I'm sure he would be able to answer any specific questions.

also i have been on there no one will put an answer on my post i just want to know where to get the boots, and glove all the clothing i could have sown but i will need the pattern.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge


Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 3020
Location: Orland Park, IL
Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patience young one, a lot of people are still settling down from being away at Celebration and more are getting ready for Dragon Con. You'll get answers in time.
_________________
James Norman
Rebel Pilot Costume Judge
TK-8114-MWG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge


Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Posts: 1638
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Jim said, lots of people are off at Dragon Con until after the holiday.

Boots are always the "fun" part of any costume Smile

Check ebay, see if there is anything that might work.
There are a few suggestions here: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23993&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

There is also this thread: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7678&start=0

It's long, but has good information, and many links to boots others have used.

For the shirt and pants. When Beret made the one for Phil, I think she used a men's shirt pattern from the 70's which she had to alter. I haven't read the whole 35 pages from the link above to see if anyone suggests a pattern.

And a reminder: Always read the whole thread before purchasing the first thing that you see. See what experiences others have had before you put down cash.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Melex ()



Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 60
Location: Chicago, ILLINOIS
Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i will keep looking at these threads and around the forums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vadersblade (Robert)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 30 Oct 2009
Posts: 329
Location: Chicago
Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on the boots. I'm still searching for a good pair. I have been looking at German or Russian officer "parade" boots, as they seem to be the closest I can find. But I'm looking for the flat top and not the european cut. Also, they are very narrow so you have to know how wide your calf is.

If you find anything you like, post here so we can see them!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Melex ()



Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 60
Location: Chicago, ILLINOIS
Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im dieing from waiting for the con to be over so i could ask more and more questions arg how does yoda do it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO


Joined: 18 Aug 2002
Posts: 12138
Location: Mokena IL
Medals: 11 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all of us are equipped to answer all of your questions..
and..
these costumes are a "journey" and patience is required.

Speaking for myself, there have been a few of my costumes that took years from start to finish.

A lot does depend on your skills (sewing, leatherworking etc) and your budget....
suffice it to say that a good quality costume does not come cheap in terms of money and time..

Wink
_________________


http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Melex ()



Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 60
Location: Chicago, ILLINOIS
Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you find someone and pm them because i want to pm that one guy she told who did this costume.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Melex ()



Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 60
Location: Chicago, ILLINOIS
Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vadersblade wrote:
Good luck on the boots. I'm still searching for a good pair. I have been looking at German or Russian officer "parade" boots, as they seem to be the closest I can find. But I'm looking for the flat top and not the european cut. Also, they are very narrow so you have to know how wide your calf is.

If you find anything you like, post here so we can see them!

i might have allready found a pair there is a military store next to me and a bunch of others that sell shoes like that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge


Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Posts: 1638
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil is on vacation right now, I'm not sure when he will be back. I'll send him a message and have him check in here when he's back from his trip.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vadersblade (Robert)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 30 Oct 2009
Posts: 329
Location: Chicago
Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melex, what's the name of the store? Do they have vintage boots or reproductions?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can post calendar events in this forum
The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group