About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0155549e876e66856f60ba23e9ad428dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Female wooks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kallabeccani (Angela Basinger)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! I sat thinking about it and wondered how to possibly do it. I even asked my mother she said another way to try is to put pleats in the front but I am not sure how that would work with the fur. I figured the other way would work a bit better in case the person gained or lost any weight.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Wookiewannabe ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its great to see the ladies taking interest in the wookiees. One thing you want to keep in mind is your final height and how you are going to achieve the height. Lifts, stilts etc....please make sure the method you use is not noticable to the viewers when wearing the costume. Very thin and shapely wookiees will be cool but to get you to the wookiee height you may have to add a lot of lift. You dont want to look like you have a weird brick foot or see the stilts etc...
Remember the overall look of the costume is as important as the correct materials used to make it. Just a thought.....

Chewy Layers snow to print

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Right now I stand at 5'10" so going with 15" stilts. I am also on the heavier side so I wont be an extremely thin wook. I am wanting to be more of a muscular feminine built I would guess you would call it. Still working out strategies on the outfit for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Roheryn ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself am 1.72 meters high. The stilts are ajustable from 38cm up to 58 cm. So the mandatory hight of 2.13 meters is do-able. The stilts are not that much more broad than my shoes, so I hope underneath all the hair the bump is not that visible.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool we are about the same height! Right now I am working some major overtime to bring my credits back up, that way I can purchase the stilts but in the mean time I think I am going to make 2 16" tall boxes to use to stand on to make my pants and to just basically get used to the idea of being that far up. This way when I get my stilts I will have most of the balance issues down and can learn to walk... Gonna make me some walking poles to to help balance as well.
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing is, Chewie's wife seems even ... um, heftier than Chewie does. She really doesn't seem to have much shape at all, though her mannerisms are distinctly feminine (although since it does come the holiday special, I guess it should be taken with a grain of salt, lol). She does wear an apron though, whatever that means.

Laughing

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Ok so I wasn't the only one that kind of noticed that. But it is also rumored that the person playing Malla was only shot from waist up and sitting down most of the time. I dont know how true that was its been awhile since watching the video. I didn't mind the holiday special except for the part they seemed to be on acid while writing the script......

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So last night while reading tutorials I pulled out the cedar board i had been working on making kallas carbine. I decided that the size is right but I am not happy withe the way the boards are fitting together. The seams have split open a bit and if I try to glue them together it will not look as nice. So looks like I need to order a new board but at least I will be able to use the one I already have as a pattern.

So while reading the tutorials I was trying to figure out is there a certain pattern for the suit? I was reading Ducks version but it didnt really say just showed a hand drawn picture. Maybe I hadn't read far enough not sure. I planned on doing alot of measurements this weekend and get the material next week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I think I am done with reading a good portion of the tutorials and am ready to start ordering things. I was looking at the mesh that everyone is ordering and could use some advice.

Most of you have ordered the black mesh (chewie being dark) but my wook is about 60% white. Would it be wiser to order the white mesh so it does not show through? Will the width of the material be any problem? (white is 50W and black is 54W) I was also thinking 7-8 yards that should be planety big enough (I hope lol).
Lumpy (Chris Blackstock)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want white, I ordered mine from Joann fabrics

http://www.joann.com/mesh-white/prd23660/

I ordered 6 yards which was enough for my whole suit (pants and shirt). If you want to darken it up a little bit, you can always get some powdered RIT dye and run it through the washer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris! We have a joann fabrics near me I could check it out. I just wasn't sure if the width of the fabric would make a huge deal or using the black or white.

By the way how far into Michigan are you?
Lumpy (Chris Blackstock)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About a half hour north of Detroit right near Lake St.Claire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I am looking at the color charts for my hair.... The wookiee I am doing is about 60% white and not sure which white I should get. They have 4 different ones.... they have #60 silver white, #600 Silvery white, #1001 Creamy white and Snow white. I think the creamy white look probably the more natural of the colors but would like to see what others think.

http://ikickshins.net/colorchartjkk.php

Her other color is kinda a chocolate color not as light as chewie but not as dark as Tarfful. I was thinking more about using one of their blends have anyone else tried that? One of these :
2/30 Darkest Brown/Auburn Mix B (My second pick)
2/33 Darkest Brown/Dark Auburn Mix B
4/AM Dark Brown/Amber Mix B (I think I like this one the most)
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get one or two bags of each and see what you like. Maybe mix two of the shades of the white together in a 1:1 or 2:1 mix, with a small bit of the darker colors throw in for accents.

Compare the two colors (white and the brown) against each other and look at them in different lighting. Look at them inside and outside. On a sunny day and in the shade/overcast day.
Roheryn ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fell in love with the dark brown/amber mix too. I ordered a pack of 4/AM, a pack of 4/27 dark brown/strawberry blond mix and a pack of 4/22 dark brown/ash blond mix. See how they mix up. I love the red/amber for the body, see how I mix the other colors for the shoulders, back and hips.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: