About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=db68ff02a44cf385484dee54e3185e87Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Internal Electronics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterFreedumb ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Internal Electronics Reply with quote

Im currently working on my first saber with a friend, and it is going to be made of pvc because I can afford pvc Razz. I just wanted to know what kinda electronics would i need, and how to use/find a blade diffuser. thx
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is literally TONS of info on these topics if you do some research on IRA (my favorite place):

http://www.imperialroyalarms.com/

FX :

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php

or TCSS:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

MasterFreedumb ()

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries! It's just that there is no really simple way to answer your questions b/c there are so many ways to go about it. Do you want a stunt saber or w/ sound? Do you want it duelable or more of a show piece? There are thin-walled blades, thick walled blades, transwhite w/ film, transwhite no film, clear blades w/ film etc. etc. so the best thing is to do as much reading as you can and remember to post pics when you're done Very Happy

Last edited by Daddy Solo () on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
MasterFreedumb ()

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you see I want it to be able to light up, if it was to have sound
I assumed i could "borrow" the soundboard from a crappy collapsible saber from hasbro, and i was assuming i could make if from PVC (hiltwise), but I want to be able to at least kinda duel with it. I asked my friend and he said he might be able to wire the rebel tri-star from tcss to work, but do you have suggestions on it based on what I said Solo?
kyle
Skywalker2B ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterFreedumb,

Take a look at this thread, it talks about some electronics...

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53478

To me it sounds like you can build your hilt with PVC and parts from a home store, then get the internal electronics through TCSS or some saber building company. You could also perhaps find parts on ebay.

I've gotten parts through TCSS and now UltraSabers. Both had great service. But, as you can see in that thread, I'm a novice at building sabers.

Steve M.
(unofficially Corran Horn)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: