Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d1eea2801e4f1ee0646381e6b149f94eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

'Liberty Dies' fabric help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starshine ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject: 'Liberty Dies' fabric help? Reply with quote

Hello friends,
I'm preparing to have my first costume be made! I'm not skilled enough to make Padmé's elegant gowns myself, so I'm having a commission done to bring this fabulous purple costume to life. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done! The main area of concern is the underskirt-- as pictured here
http://www.padawansguide.com/padme3/senate/crop1.jpg
http://www.padawansguide.com/padme3/senate/crop2.jpg

Is the underskirt required to be made in flocked fabric? or could purple lace overlays be enough? Does anyone possibly have any links to where in the world a similar fabric could be found? The gal making my costume has found a few ideas, though any recommendations would be so very appreciated!

I look forward to your answers, and hope I eventually get a shot a joining rebel legion. May the force be with you all! white battle padme Very Happy
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen a lace in a style that would work, but I won't rule out one such lace exists. I will say, however, that purple lace is not the easiest to find and doesn't seem to have a lot of variety in styles.
I am thinking a devoured/fiber etched silk-rayon velvet might be a better option, but doing the pattern yourself would certainly take time.

Beautiful costume though. Amadalia

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Gentle Bant made this costume some years back. I'll ask her if she has any ideas on how to tackle the under dress.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: