About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=11853d6e0809bbda6cc6686fc52ecdd7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

A question for RL Pilots regarding squadron Patches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bell (Ashley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: A question for RL Pilots regarding squadron Patches Reply with quote

As i make head way in my pilot build i was just wondering something.

Does anyone wear there squadrons patch on there flightsuit?

The reason i am wondering this is because i thought it would be nice to once my x-wing pilot is finished and cleared sew a 1138th Krayt Squadron patch on the shoulder of my flightsuit. I just wanted people opinons on this and whether anyone actually does wear a squadron patch.

For reference sake here is a official image of a Wraith with unit patch:
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a pilot suit (yet), but I think it would be awesome to have a squadron patch on my shoulder. Smile The other shoulder should/would probably have the rebel bird or New Republic crest if I can get it when the time comes.
I like little details like that.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Bouri-Plwel ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RL squadron patches are not cannon...people in the legion do wear them to medium and low profile events....but for high profile important ones...you would need to be strictly cannon and it would have to be removed to participate.

That is how I understand it at least.

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear the Bloodstripe Squadron patch on my pilot costume, I think it adds some character. We don't get any LFL events in our area so it's not an issue for us.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squadron patches are allowed but are not screen accurate.

If you choose to wear them that's ok, but if there is a request for movie canon pilots for a high profile event, where you would need to be strictly screen accurate, it would have to be removed to participate.

For Rebel legion costume submission, patches are not allowed. Once approved you can add the patch if you want, but it would need to be removed if you wanted t0 participate in any Lucasfilm or movie canon events.

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouri-Plwel wrote:
s....but for high profile important ones...you would need to be strictly cannon and it would have to be removed to participate.

Rick's info is close, but not quite right, see Gil's post above for the official word. Basically, you can't apply for the Legion with one, you can add it later, and if asked to take if off for a high-profile event (a rare possibility), you must comply.

Just as a note, I've done TONS of high-profile events with LFL here in Southern California (LA & SD) and not once have I been asked to remove my patch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: