About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=253bebf4b7420f164d9fa4cb0b3de9dbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Queen Talia from KOTOR II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Queen Talia from KOTOR II Reply with quote

I'm living in India for the next two years as an English teacher. Although I don't have my sewing machine, that can't stop me from costuming. This one wasn't on my radar as a possible costume at all until I started dressing like a local.

That's called a salwar kameez. All the women wear them around here and they're super comfortable.

I was playing through KOTOR II and realized that Queen Talia is really wearing just a jazzed up version of one of these. Since I'm here and getting clothes tailored for me, I might as well get some Talia colored clothes stitched and then fix them up more like Talia right before I leave.

Some shots of Talia:

So far, I'm just collecting fabric. I found a really nice purple for the belt sash and some awesome shoes. The head scarf fabric I found is so-so. I think it's too thick to give the flow I want and has these flowers painted on it, which could be nice with the rest of the outfit, but I'm not sure yet. It was only $2, so if I find something better and scrap it, no loss.

I know this would have to be informal since Talia only ever appears in that one game. Even still, would flowers on the head scarf be pushing it?

In various stages of planning and progress:
Generic Jedi, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider

Royalty/Senatorial Costume Judge

Last edited by SongofAmazon (Jenna) on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
leiasolosinger (Teresa Jackson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... It wasn't enough that you made my life complete by making a Juhani costume? Smile

Awesome!
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, great! So many KotOR costumes. KotOR the shove up and down. I'm tuned to see the efforts (does that mean we can open an Indian Outpost? ^^).

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to do a couple of events in Minnesota once I get back with Juhani and Talia then. Mr. Green

I doubt we'll be able to open an Indian outpost. Where I am, in a small village, people don't have the disposable time or income (much less the venues) for the Rebel Legion. Maybe in one of the major cities like Delhi or Mumbai it could be possible. Star Wars seems largely unknown here though.

I did just show Episode IV to my English class though... Heh...

Anyhow, on with progress. I'm still hunting for materials, but I found a much better head scarf.

Picture

It's actually a shawl, but it has the lightness and flowyness I need but it also has a beautiful pattern woven into it like Talia's game art suggests.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the flowers add a nice touch
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently came across the original concept design for Talia. I think I'm going to involve design elements from both how she appears in the game and from this. Those hip pouches are pretty cool.

While I was down in Delhi, I went to the Central Cottage Industries Emporium, which had, among other things, lots of gorgeous fabrics from all over India. I decided on this one:

It's not exactly like either, but it has the same feel as the original design fabric. I'm really happy with finding it, especially since it has a bit of gold in the print and all the right colors.

In the mean time, I need to find some lining and start mocking this thing up.... and learning how to embroider better.

Luke_Skywalker (Frank Sommer)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward seeing the finished costume.

MTFBWY

SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My embroidery is finally done, and so I finally have some progress worth noting!

I still have a bit of detail work and finishing to do, but I am pretty pleased with how it's working out. It's about the comfiest costume I've ever worn.

darthrevan (Ally Bock)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that looks awesome!
Jeremiah 29:11
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At long last Talia is done! I took her out for a debut at Wondercon a few weeks ago.

This is going to be one of my new favorite convention costumes. So comfy! Of course, no one recognizes her, but I am totally okay with that.

Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an awesome convention costume. Comfortable costumes are the best. Smile

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great, congrats on the approval Smile
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: