Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d0a35dd4e61d53dfece47358d25d3cfcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Two New Jedis - I hope!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mishakitty78 (Melissa Nell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I think by "formal" I mean "master" - I could have sworn when I applied there was an option to choose a rank with Jedi. Was I just imagining that? I thought the robe/pouches/food capsules/etc. were for those wanting to be a Jedi. Can someone please clarify? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, I have activated a gmail account so that I can make sure I do not miss any emails. I went back through everything and did not find any from RL, but also checked my profile and it looks like my email is correct. Is it possible for me to just change it there? My husband received his without any problem (he just doesn't check his email!) but he is on a different service.

Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated!
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make up your rank night, padwan, master. Formal means you have 3 of the optional items. Your 1st legion costume needs to be formal. Right now you have 2 of 3 items pouches and under tunic you need one more then you are all set.

18 " aggressive negotiations "
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated by forceflaw, in order to become a Rebel Legion member you must complete one formal costume.

After you finish one formal costume, you can have additional "informal" costumes..

Generic in this case just means that the costume is a not a face character like Obi Wan or Luminara but

even generic jedi also have minimum standards.

Those standards can be viewed here:

http://www.rebellegion.com/about_standards.php?id=39468

And, as noted....rank is just something that is assigned by oneself...and really has no meaning here...

I know some members like to designate themselves as "masters"...but it is pretty much a meaningless title.

I am not much of a techno person, so I really have no advice to give regarding your e-mail issues....

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forceflaw wrote:
You make up your rank night, padwan, master. Formal means you have 3 of the optional items. Your 1st legion costume needs to be formal. Right now you have 2 of 3 items pouches and under tunic you need one more then you are all set.

Thanks to both of you for explaining that. I feel really stupid as I must have read the costuming standards so many times to try to get it right and completely mis-interpreted them. I think Since the "formal" requirements were in another color I was thinking that was some sort of special category. Thank you for helping me better understand.

One last question - before I get started on a robe - is it ok for me to make it a nice leafy or olive green? I know that's not super standard, but my character is very much in tune with nature and spends a lot of time in more forested areas. I am not looking for a bright or striking green, but something that is more low key. Please let me know. I appreciate it!
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think so but cant say 100%

"1. Outer tunic, long-sleeved. Colors can include brown (and all other earth tones), black, grey or white. Also allowed are muted greens, blues, and reds. No loud colors (a few examples being sharp red, pink or neon green). If in doubt, contact a Legion Costume Judge for color confirmation before construction. The combination of red and black in a singular costume is a Sith derivative and is not permitted. Costume Judge is the final authority on color. No karate/judo gi or gi like construction allowed."

"1. Large Jedi robe or cloak, similar to movie canon robes/cloaks, in allowed color palette, with attached hood."

As long as the robe is a cannon type with the allowed color palette (allowed pallets being addressed in tunic colors)

However I would say get a 100% from LCJ

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very muted green would be acceptable....

What we are looking at since the change in costume standards for generic Jedi on June 1 is the construction of the robe.

Proper Jedi robes need to have the large volume of the robes seen in the Prequels.

Some folks submit robes that have small and skimpy hoods, are too short, or are otherwise too "small".

If you notice an accepted member with a robe with overall "smallness" after June 1, it is probably because the applicant had enough other optional items to make the robe a moot point. Note that the robe is an optional item.

Robes need to have LARGE/OVERSIZED hoods that are very wide and very long - they actually go to the waist of the wearer when down and drape onto the shoulders when they are up.

Robes should just about touch the ground
Robes should have volumnous sleeves

so..
the construction of the robe is just as critical as the color...

Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You disallow the construction of generic jedi robes to be similar to OT Obi-Wan's robe? I know that the robe of ANH Obi-Wan is quite different from what is seen in the PT, but I do not see why a generic jedi should not be able to do an OT Obi-Wan style if they prefer it. (Or for that matter a ROTJ Luke cloak).
Just want to clear up this matter. Smile

To the OP I think it would look cool with a muted green robe. It would be different from all the brown robes. Wink

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Kenobi is considered a face character with attributes solely his own...
and
certainly any robe that is similar to his is acceptable..

what we are finding is some robes that have REALLY skimpy hoods...
and I mean REALLY skimpy...
or...
they are way too short for the wearer...both in length of the robe AND length of the arms...

kind of like the robe was made for someone else.

Where Ben's robe might not have had a hood with quite as much volume as the PT Jedi...his hood was still pretty long (and came to a point) and his robe fits him...

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've seen some of those robes on ebay. I'm not sure about the hoods, but they're almost like knee length. Way too short for a Jedi, in my opinion.

I'm hoping to work on the robe soon. It's been CRAZY busy here, and other costumes for gigs totally not related have taken precedence, sadly. But I'm still hoping to do a nice green robe to go with this Jedi. And hopefully to do some events with you all soon!
miralys51 (Jackie)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mishakitty78 wrote:
Yeah I've seen some of those robes on ebay. I'm not sure about the hoods, but they're almost like knee length. Way too short for a Jedi, in my opinion.

I'm hoping to work on the robe soon. It's been CRAZY busy here, and other costumes for gigs totally not related have taken precedence, sadly. But I'm still hoping to do a nice green robe to go with this Jedi. And hopefully to do some events with you all soon!

Looking forward to seeing the robe. I agree, green would really go well with your costume. Give us a shout if you need any help. Hope to see you active around the Base soon. We've got some fantastic troops coming up! Cool
Mobius (Kris Hurrle)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it has been said but your first costume cannot be informal so that is why you ran into trouble. Now, I can see that you have 2 pouches and your husband has 8 food capsules, you must have at least 4 so I would see if you two can split his set so you each have four (food capsules) and then with your pouches and inner tunic you would have three of the required optional items to make you formal

Good luck and May the force be with you! Very Happy

Edited for grammar and syntax... Sorry for the confusion

Last edited by Mobius (Kris Hurrle) on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobius wrote:
I don't know if it has been said but your first costume cannot be informal so that is why you ran into trouble. Now, I can see that you have 2 pouches and your husband has 8 food capsules, you must have at least 4 so I would see if you two can split his set so you each have two and then with your pouches, inner tunic and food capsules you would have all three of the required items to make you formal

You only need 3 please be careful that you don't give bad infermation.

kracken29 ()

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forceflaw wrote:
Mobius wrote:
I don't know if it has been said but your first costume cannot be informal so that is why you ran into trouble. Now, I can see that you have 2 pouches and your husband has 8 food capsules, you must have at least 4 so I would see if you two can split his set so you each have two and then with your pouches, inner tunic and food capsules you would have all three of the required items to make you formal

You only need 3 please be careful that you don't give bad infermation.

They were saying you need at least 4 food capsules, which is true. And you only need at least 2 leather or leather-like belt pouches.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miralys51 wrote:

Looking forward to seeing the robe. I agree, green would really go well with your costume. Give us a shout if you need any help. Hope to see you active around the Base soon. We've got some fantastic troops coming up! Cool

Oh very cool! Thank you! Problem is, my Hubby is official but he is NEVER on the forums. Sigh. It's so hard to get him to Internet. Is there an email list or something he can do to find out about the troops? I'm happy to help out as a volunteer handler until I'm official. (And thanks for the warm welcome!)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobius wrote:
I don't know if it has been said but your first costume cannot be informal so that is why you ran into trouble. Now, I can see that you have 2 pouches and your husband has 8 food capsules, you must have at least 4 so I would see if you two can split his set so you each have four (food capsules) and then with your pouches and inner tunic you would have three of the required optional items to make you formal

Edited for grammar and syntax... Sorry for the confusion

Ah! Well, now, that WOULD indeed solve the problem. That is of course if I can get him to give them up! But yes, I really am not sure how I misread the directions - I swear I read them a bunch - but I think the two different colors had me thinking that the second part was somehow optional. I think I understand now!

I may go ahead and submit with the capsules and everything else and worry about the robe later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: