About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=62e5b55f96ca3544d3bdf7ce1e334921Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

thinking about a jedi healer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roheryn ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: thinking about a jedi healer Reply with quote

Does my tunic have to be blue to be accepted? And what other items are required besides the generic jedi requirements? For example herb-pouches or crystals?
Mihunai (Jermain Palmen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there are specific requirements for Jedi Healers,
other than the Generic Jedi rules.

Unless of course you're going for Barris Offee, or another facecharacter...
JediKai (Kate B)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RL has no rules. The only mention of healer garb in novels is one line in The Evil Experiment, Jedi Apprentice #12, page 12: "The Jedi Healer, Wanna Di Yuni, came toward them, dressed in the light blue tunic of a medic."

I submitted mine 1.5 years ago but was told I couldn't use a covertec. That's changed now, so I'll resubmit when next I have it on.
SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed on all points.

Presently, the Rebel Legion doesn't designate the Jedi costumes other than with the two broad categories of "Generic" Jedi and the "Named" Jedi (those face characters from the genre).

Well...I supposed you could sort of make a category for costumes representing The Old Republic MMO (but not really....I only say this because the robes for TOR Jedi are not acceptable for the Generic Jedi, and I supposed the TOR all have armor. We have so few of these TOR costumes...and with the lack of interest in TOR, we're not likely to have any official categories for those costumes).

So...if you want to make a "healer" Jedi, you simply follow the Generic Jedi Costume Standards. If you want it blue, more power to you. I would only suggest that for any color other than browns, blacks/grays and very subdued "earthtone" pastelles, it would be prudent to post some pics of the colors you want to use...or, better yet...start a Work in Progress (WIP) thread and let us help you along with your costume Wink

As for designating your Jedi as a healer? Sure, go for itl

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tash_Verano spoke about blue being used for healers in his colour tutorial. it would be interesting to see if there are any other mentions of Jedi healers using blue, a friend of mine also wants to do a blue Jedi Healer.

Fyr

Tython Base Facebook Page
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SithariRog wrote:
I only say this because the robes for TOR Jedi are not acceptable for the Generic Jedi, and I supposed the TOR all have armor.l

This is off thread topic, but this is actually not true. Heavy armor can only be worn by Jedi Guardians, which is one subclass of one class of Jedi. Consulars can only wear light armor (aka, no armor at all, only regular clothes, for the purposes of this game), and Jedi Sentinels only get up to medium armor proficiency. There's a broad range of what can be considered Jedi garb within the SWTOR universe, some of which I wouldn't recommend for consideration in the RL, but armor is confined to one specific branch of Jedi.

But yes, TOR-style Jedi really would need their own subcategory of standards, as the game designers did a great job of putting a new spin on familiar ideas, making them just different enough. But for now I'm content sticking to the three-source rule, since that will keep out some of the crazier designs they came up with, and wouldn't be recognized as Jedi without a lightsaber in tow.

In solidarity with the VFX industry, who brought the Star Wars we know and love to life, I'm going green screen.

My Etsy shop: Sew Corellian
SithariRog (Roger Allen)

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...that just shows you how much I've played TOR (barely got a Jedi Guardian to level 8, lol).

The bottom line (or lines) are:

1. The Jedi Costumes for the Rebel Legion can be placed into two broad categories: (A) Generic Jedi Costume, and (B) Face Character Costumes.

2. The TOR Jedi costumes are deviate enough from the Generic Jedi Costuming Standards that few, if any, components from TOR costume would be accepted for Generic Jedi approval...and I'm talking primarily the robes...while the TOR robes are really nice, they're not going to pass with a Generic Jedi Costume.

3. There is no "healer" Jedi (outside of a "face character"...which, at this time there are no face character costumes that are "healers".

4. The existing color palatte/recommendations for Generic Jedi supercedes all other costuming standards for Jedi costumes.

5. The Jedi LCJs have the final say in what colors are accepted for Jedi Costumes.

And...

6. As long as the blue color chosen for a Generic Jedi is acceptable, then there's no reason there couldn't be a Jedi costume that has blue as it predominant color.

7. Since there is no "Jedi Healer" costume, then anyone can designate their costume any way they like.

/bow

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Roheryn ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies!
So basically what is said is: If I want to use blue it's okay, but when I wear a light beige tunic I can still call my character a healer?
Still don't know if there are any other utilities needed on my belt besides the normal pouches and capsules?
Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Nordic Base CO
Nordic Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for belt components, it's really up to you. The joy of the new standards is that you can mix and match as you like.

You can see the standards here:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39468

So, really, if you have inner tunic and say... a robe, then you'd really only need either food capsules or pouches. But of course you can have as many belt components as you feel fit your particular character Smile

If you want to base your character on a healer, you can do so no matter the tunic colour, yes Smile

Mynocks deliver Babies
Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in operating theatres, and I've often thought that something like the force would be incredibly helpful in what we do, particularly in an emergency. Jedi healers would not necessarily have to carry more equipment. Their knowledge of the body with force senses and fine force control would be an invaluable addition to, say, a clone medical team.

Just my 2 creds worth.
Fyr

Tython Base Facebook Page
Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Nordic Base CO
Nordic Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Jedi healers traditionally carry around extra items in the books and such, but I seem to remember someone who was approved with a Jedi Healer concept - she had made a really cool first aid kit to go with her costume Smile

Mynocks deliver Babies
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, you can do a completely generic Jedi in all tans and browns and STILL call it a Jedi Healer. It's your character, you can call it what you want. As long as your costume fits the standards for a generic Jedi, you can call it a Jedi gardener for all we care, lol.

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
JediKai (Kate B)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Jedi Assembly member made a kit. Start here and see the next 3 images:
http://public.fotki.com/kait/star_wars/dragoncon-2007/108.html#media
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a mostly blue jedi. Don't consider my jedi a healer, but blue can definitely be used. Smile Actually I'm planning on making a second blue tunic soon.

Just avoid loud colors. Wink

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Mihunai (Jermain Palmen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could ofcourse take an actual first aid class,
and have some real-world kit with you.
In a Star Warsy case, ofcourse...

Who knows, some kid might get saved by a Jedi Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: