About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=893c1f0b0035d7c85d00d625a996b32eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My Amidala Parade Gown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roxana Aleera (Chelsea Branson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: My Amidala Parade Gown Reply with quote

Ever since I first saw Star Wars Episode one in theaters back in 1999 I fell in love with the wardrobe of Queen Amidala, especially the Parade gown from the end of the film. Planning and work on this costume began over 4 months ago and I slaved over it so I could premiere it with my fellow star wars costumers of the Rebel Legion and 501st at the largest scifi fantasy convention in my area.

I plan on making a blog page with more detail and explanation. I am so proud of the final result of this costume Very Happy

LaV317 (LaVonne)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely beautiful! Amadalia
Barrissa (Julie)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is absolutely gorgeous - great job! You make a beautiful Padme Amadalia
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous! Wonderful work!

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for their kind words! It means a lot to me
Ibelinn ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning! You did a really good job!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is...WOW. I too am in the process of making this costume, and understand the intense labor that you went through the make it. i love the pedals on the cape...you got the coloring just right!

How did you end up making the metal ends on your parasol? My husband and i are at that stage in my costume and are at a quandry as to how to proceed.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argana wrote:
All I can say is...WOW. I too am in the process of making this costume, and understand the intense labor that you went through the make it. i love the pedals on the cape...you got the coloring just right!

How did you end up making the metal ends on your parasol? My husband and i are at that stage in my costume and are at a quandry as to how to proceed.

The parasol parts were one of the most difficult parts of planning this costume. I ended up making a master sculpt in super sculpey and then using that to make a mold. I separated the top "bird" and bottom piece by the wire in the center. To make sure the bottom piece had a slit for the fabric to slide into I cut up a cereal box to make little folded pieces of paper with a curve to keep the shape and opening of the finial. I also baked the sculpey on skewers close to the size of my wire so the wire hole would not close up when I baked them.

After the mold was baked and hardened I used it to press the 20 finials. It was a pain in the butt to get them to look right and I think I made 30 or so before I was happy with the final 20. Super sculpey is nice because it is a rather quick process because baking takes about 15 minutes and it can be found at Michaels for a decent price. To smooth out the finials I used sand paper and an x-acto knife.

Because of time I ended up using chrome nail polish to give the finials their metal finish. I attached them to the millinery wire, I used for the 20 spokes, and the fabric with a hot glue gun

At some point I will cast them out of metal but for the time being they look pretty convincing
I hope that helps Smile and if you have any other questions please feel free to pm me
Argana ()

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!! Time to take a trip to JoAnns!!
Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rodriguez)
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward for the blog!!

A fine job you did! ;D Looks really good!

Detachment Leader / Former Legion Costume Judge
RebelSenator (Raychel Enck)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice!
MidSouth Garrison, Public Relations Officer
http://www.facebook.com/LCJedi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: