Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=068f5b50b2234215157d457796943d98Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

NER Event: Scotch Plains Library 7/20/2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TKJimbo (James Hannon)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: NER Event: Scotch Plains Library 7/20/2012 Reply with quote

MISSION REPORT

TYPE OF FUNCTION:
Library Event

WHAT WAS OUR ROLE AT THE FUNCTION:

To cap off a week of space and Star Wars themed activities for the Scotch Plains Library

DATE/LOCATION:

Date:
Friday, July 20, 2012 at 7:30 pm

1927 Bartle Avenue
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076

MEMBERS ATTENDING:
1) James - TK
2) Jackie - Rebel Pilot
3) Prospect MoserDoser - Vader
4) Scott - ID
5) Joe - RFT
6) Alt-James - GRAND Admiral
7) Bonnie - Mando
Cool Rob - TB

Photographer: Jason Colflesh

THE GOOD:

Pretty fun troop... Had a lot more troopers come out than I expected for a Summer Friday evening troop - Thanks everybody for fighting the traffic to get to my hometown! Also had a pretty large turnout of attendees - about 150-200 people... We even might have picked up a potential recruit along the way...

Due to my low expectations on trooper turnout, I grabbed Prospect Andrew aka MoserDoser to rock the Vader that night - and he did a wonderful job - so much so that when the kids came up to meet us, they went straight to him and didnt even see the rest of us, until they shook his hand/bumped fists and took a picture... Also to sweeten the deal, I promised that if he went as Vader, I'd go in my TK - a promise I regretted as soon as I was strutting around in my underarmor LOL Happily it got better and the troop went fine...

THE BAD:

Nothing really bad - other than it was raining, and I heard traffic getting in was pretty rough it being a summer friday and raining... We got cut a little short by a guy who made balloon lightsabers, but it actually worked out nicely as you'll see in "The Ugly/Funny" section below

THE UGLY/FUNNY - PART 1
Well, after the kids took pictures, we were kinda rushed off to make way for the balloon guy...But there were some straggler kids coming in, so we hung around in costume a little longer. It had stopped raining so we went outside to take a picture in front of the library.. A few more kids showed up (including a mini-stormtrooper and a mini-Vader - see below) and we got a few "artistic shots" from our photographer friend Jason Colflesh

Since we were so close to Little Shop of Comics (it was across a small parking lot), we decided to pay them a surprise visit since we had time before the library's events were over... So we walked over there in a group (stopping some cars on the way) and casually walked in the front door... The comic section of the store was empty other than the staff (who I know isnt really a Star Wars fan - but he's still a nice kid)

So we said hi and moved out thru the back door passing the packed Magic the Gathering game going on... There were about 40 people in there playing, and as we walked in, only maybe 3 or 4 looked up from their cards... You know that scene in Big Bang Theory when Penny and her 3 hot friends walk in and offer to have sex with the main characters while they are playing video games - and the guys completely ignored them? Yeah, it was kinda like that LOL... But the ones that noticed seemed impressed Smile

We headed out the back door as Lena (the awesome co-owner) was walking out the stockroom and we nearly gave the poor woman a heart attack LOL We've been there in costume a few times before, so she knows us, and recovered quickly and was appreciative of the walk-by...

So we went back to the library, got some more photos and changed... And of course, a few of us went back to the comic shop in our civvies to hang out and talk comics and NY Comic Con for a bit...

THE PROBLEMS OF BEING A LONE TK

Quick aside - on the walk over to the shop in costume, I got waylaid talking to a new TIE pilot recruit for a bit (hopefully we'll see him on the boards and in person soon).. But I had to move a bit faster to catch up... and in doing so, one of my belt boxes fell off... Now I was by myself in a TK suit, so there was NO FREAKING WAY that I was going to bend over and pick it up off the floor without my entire outfit popping off... So, I slid it under a parked car to retrieve it on our trip back... Thankfully Joe got it for me then Smile

TOD updated and Jason's pix are up at
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.173265562798519.17059.159433770848365&type=1

I only took three pix - but here they are:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151935012715133.875554.876445132&type=3

Group shot with the mini-Vader and Stormy (Jason's pic)

Just having lost my belt box (Jason's pic)

Proving it was indeed me in that TK LOL (my pic)

Thanks to all who came out!

Please join my Facebook Group for my book Lost Boys of the Bronx: the Oral History of the Ducky Boys Gang
Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work
Master Is-Ma (Ismael)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent job! Smile

MTFBWY.
Fer_Fisto (Fernando González)
Mexican Base CO
Mexican Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice work guys... Congratulations to all .. and that the force be with you
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job!!! Ben

Former Puerto Rico BCO | KJO XO | Wretched Hive XO | Legion Costume Judge | Legion Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: