About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=22901e26840e072bb13da7cc9a777841Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ceremonial Luke WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lauphen_Staar ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Ceremonial Luke WIP Reply with quote

Alrighty, so on Black Friday Museum Replicas listed their Ceremonial Luke Jacket at $200 off. I had to do it. Wink It just arrived in the mail today so I thought I'd fire up the WIP thread for when I begin the rest of the costume! Very Happy

(Pardon my derp face. I was just excited :p )

And then a close-up of the medal:
Lauphen_Staar ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, dusting off the WIP thread! I have acquired a chef's coat pattern (which I will modify heavily) and fabric. Tonight I'm going to troll around for alterable pants and get thread for the bloodstripes.

Now, speaking of altering pants, is it a formal requirement for ceremonial Luke to have the riding seam? I can for sure do the pintuck, and I can even do the bloodstripes to the 1" wide, 1/4" high, and 1/8" apart standard, but I'm nervous about putting a riding seam into a pair of off-the-shelf pants.
ataru72ita (ALBERTO)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lauphen_Staar wrote:
Okay, dusting off the WIP thread! I have acquired a chef's coat pattern (which I will modify heavily) and fabric. Tonight I'm going to troll around for alterable pants and get thread for the bloodstripes.

Now, speaking of altering pants, is it a formal requirement for ceremonial Luke to have the riding seam? I can for sure do the pintuck, and I can even do the bloodstripes to the 1" wide, 1/4" high, and 1/8" apart standard, but I'm nervous about putting a riding seam into a pair of off-the-shelf pants.

Hello there,
Looks like my second project meets someone on time, I also got Museum Replica Yavin Jacket and medal!
Looking for pants, Yellow sytripes I've seen a couple, but accurate pants....I don't know... Rolling Eyes From the reference pictures I have, they do seem to be brown strech denim what do You think??
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get bloodstripes here:
http://www.costumecostumecostume.com/patches2011.htm
I've used them for Han Solo. highly recommended. cheers.
ataru72ita (ALBERTO)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt-60 wrote:
get bloodstripes here:
http://www.costumecostumecostume.com/patches2011.htm
I've used them for Han Solo. highly recommended. cheers.

Bought them yesterday thanks, still in need for shirt and pants, any Idea other than costumebase or twinrosesdesigns?? First option, pants only, really sucks doesn't seem the correct material neither pin tuck nor riding seam! Second pants and shirt look great, but they don't answer to e-mails!

PLEASE help needed here! Crying or Very sad
Lauphen_Staar ()

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the stretch denim was pretty close, too. I bought just some brown "nicer" pants from JC Penney on sale and I'm adding in the pintuck and maybe riding seam myself. (I will do the riding seam eventually, just not while I'm rushing to finish this by Saturday!) I would do the pants from scratch, but pants are complicated for me and I never can get them to fit right and the three things (bloodstripe, pintuck, and riding seam) are really easy to add onto an existing pair of pants.

EDIT: I'm just now seeing that you're from Italy! I would guess you don't have the JC Penney chain over there. :p You'll have luck at any department store or Wal-Mart-type-dealio, I'd think.

Luckily the riding seam will let you take the pants in to be as tight as you need, so I recommend getting a size baggier in the legs. Also there's really good sales right now because brown is a "winter color"

I'm doing the bloodstripes manually with my sewing machine (AGAIN, a major pain, but it saved me a precious $20 :p ) and they're turning out really good so far. Very Happy I'll dig up pictures.

Anyways, down the the shirt, then.

I'm using a chef's coat pattern and heavily modifying it to be shorter, no cuffs, swapping the collar with the other one in the pattern, hiding the buttons (I'm thinking snaps), and making it more fitted. It seems like a lot of work, but it'll be easier than drafting a pattern from scratch.

You could also pick up a pattern for a regular polo shirt and modify it to have the bib-front.

Here's my pattern: http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m2233-products-693.php?page_id=908

For my shirt I'm using a sport jersey cotton blend fabric. It's dressy enough, but still offers stretch to be comfortable and functional. You could probably find it at any fabric store. ^__^

Anyways, if you have more questions, give me a hoot! We're both fighting through this costume together :p

Do you have plans for your gun, yet? I'm debating on the 3D printed one available, or scratch-building from a modified airsoft gun.[/i]
ataru72ita (ALBERTO)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool nice idea for the shirt.

Maybe at H&M I'll find something that matches the pants, glad to hear that You find accurate too the strech denim! Twin roses did a nice one pair but with cotton Twill.
For the blaster ask Darth Hair he's got the resin and rubber castings.

Still don't know about the holster.

For the belt there are directions on the buckle which costs around 10 bucks and for the belt itself correct width 1 3/4" I would go like this: http://www.ebay.it/itm/310818512821?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Regards: Alberto
Lauphen_Staar ()

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh cotton twill would be nice, too for the pants!

Luckily I have a friend who does leatherwork, so as long as you've got the gun in hand, holsters can be fairly simple. If all goes according to plan I can figure out prices/shipping and whip you one up.

I went the modified airsoft gun route xD I'll upload a picture as soon as I can.

I really like the link to the belt! That looks spot on Cool
ataru72ita (ALBERTO)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lauphen_Staar wrote:
Ooh cotton twill would be nice, too for the pants!

Luckily I have a friend who does leatherwork, so as long as you've got the gun in hand, holsters can be fairly simple. If all goes according to plan I can figure out prices/shipping and whip you one up.

I went the modified airsoft gun route xD I'll upload a picture as soon as I can.

I really like the link to the belt! That looks spot on Cool

Nice Idea the airsoft, I'm also about to build the Ian Solos ANH and ROTJ with mousers replica, but till now I hadn't seen the right 22 soviet replica anywhere..any Idea??

Ok for the lether work, just before everything send me some photos, I'm kinda the perfectionist guy, I've seen some good off the shelf options, but actually don't know which is the best, let me know...
Lauphen_Staar ()

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't use an accurate base for mine, but this is how my blaster turned out:

There's definitely room for improvement, but I'm under a major time crunch at this point. O_O Eventually I'll shell out the money for this one: http://www.etsy.com/listing/175731447/princess-leia-defender-sporting-blaster?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=leia+blaster+3d&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

Yeah, and with the holster I really haven't looked at any ones that you can buy straight from people. I think the problem is that this costume is done nearly as much as others, so there are less vendors for the pieces. Sad

I'll be going over to work with my friend tomorrow, and I'll take lots of before/after pictures. If anything you can use mine as a guide and make it yourself if you find the right tools. Mr. Green
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, and with the holster I really haven't looked at any ones that you can buy straight from people. I think the problem is that this costume is done nearly as much as others, so there are less vendors for the pieces.

this is the only source I know for a Luke Ceremony gunbelt.
(note:I've never actually ordered from this vendor, so I can't vouch for them personally).
it's not 100% accurate but it's very close.

http://www.corellianimports.com/utbeho.html

it says on their site that they WILL do custom orders, so you might have to specify a more accurate holster to fit your specific gun.
(their example is designed for DL-44).

hope this helps.
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the pants, I used "costumebase" pants, and modified them according to this tutorial.
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29400

hope this helps.
Lauphen_Staar ()

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really helpful! Thanks! Surprised
ataru72ita (ALBERTO)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lauphen_Staar wrote:
I didn't use an accurate base for mine, but this is how my blaster turned out:

There's definitely room for improvement, but I'm under a major time crunch at this point. O_O Eventually I'll shell out the money for this one: http://www.etsy.com/listing/175731447/princess-leia-defender-sporting-blaster?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=leia+blaster+3d&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

Yeah, and with the holster I really haven't looked at any ones that you can buy straight from people. I think the problem is that this costume is done nearly as much as others, so there are less vendors for the pieces. Sad

I'll be going over to work with my friend tomorrow, and I'll take lots of before/after pictures. If anything you can use mine as a guide and make it yourself if you find the right tools. Mr. Green

This gun is soft air colt government! Way too big then the leia's which is a .22 small caliber pistol.... I think really too big!! The 3D image of the girl looks really inaccurate too, expecially at the tip part, but at least she started from the right pistol... Mumble Mumble... Rolling Eyes

Looking forward to seeing what You'll end with for the holster, I'm looking for help of a professional prop maker for the belt and holster, will cost a fortune to have a finished prototype, but at least there will be a very superaccurate one!! Keep on sharing, thank You VERY MUCH!!

Regards:

Alberto
Lauphen_Staar ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!! I can't wait to see your progress! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: