About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards
 

Forum and Costume Controls

   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4d14cfbef21af3af5b5a580c605e5695Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

       
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Clone armor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 477
Location: hershey PA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok yea sorry about that can you remove the other one and just ceep this one?
_________________


18 " aggressive negotiations "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO


Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Posts: 7936
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forceflaw wrote:
Ok yea sorry about that can you remove the other one and just ceep this one?


No, we can keep them, that's fine. Just trying to have you condense all of your questions into one thread so it's easier to reference later on down the road Wink
_________________

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 477
Location: hershey PA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thankS
_________________


18 " aggressive negotiations "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 477
Location: hershey PA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok bit of a bump and an update I am working on a deal for session 4 armor. We have got a price and agreed to hold it for me or set up a payment plan. I will be getting a kit, helmet, neck seal, and harness. Once I get them I will start a WIP thread. I also have joined the 501st academy to help me with my billed.
_________________


18 " aggressive negotiations "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 477
Location: hershey PA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am doing a S4 clone from the clone wars but I don't know if I want to do a 501st clone or a Wolf pack clone. I am just doing a normal grunt not an officer or named clone. I have 3 ref. pics of both for approval. Also will I need to submit and make references and make standards for these clones since there are non for S4 clones are specific units?
_________________


18 " aggressive negotiations "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO


Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Posts: 7936
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forceflaw wrote:
I am doing a S4 clone from the clone wars but I don't know if I want to do a 501st clone or a Wolf pack clone. I am just doing a normal grunt not an officer or named clone. I have 3 ref. pics of both for approval. Also will I need to submit and make references and make standards for these clones since there are non for S4 clones are specific units?


There aren't too many "generic" animated clones, unless you're going with a white grunt. Almost all of the clones that have color unit markings have been named in the various sources (comics, figures, visual guides).

What visual sources are you using for your clone? Post them on this thread so we can give you some feedback Smile
_________________

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 477
Location: hershey PA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here is a 501st


wolfpack

Do these guys all have names if so how do you tell who's who all the armor looks the same?

I have only started to watch the clone wars and only finished S1 yesterday so am very far behind=P
_________________


18 " aggressive negotiations "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO


Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Posts: 7936
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I stand corrected. Usually the animated clones have unique paint schemes but these ones seem to be identical. You'll want to find front and back shots of these grunts, so your paint scheme will be correct.

I think the wolf pack will be making more appearance in Season 5, too.
_________________

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 477
Location: hershey PA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok haha now finding a back shot on google will be a challenge=P. My armor will only be shipping out next week then I have all the trimming and all fun stuff to do before i paint so I have plenty of time to think on it.
_________________


18 " aggressive negotiations "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 477
Location: hershey PA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok official have the money for my clone and am ordering all parts ( boots, armor, bucket, harness for kit, pistoles and holsters, the shoulder thingy ( I'm working on S1 commander Bly ). Its a new direction that I was not looking at be4 do to expense but if I'm doing this I want it done the way I want! I have all the parts I need for the outer armor on a shopping list but what gos in the armor? padding? velcro also what tools will I need? I have a few screw drivers a hammer and a drill right now. This is the list of tools I am looking at any additions ( I am using a dermal for sanding and cutting )

http://www.imperialsurplus.com/ac_tools.html
_________________


18 " aggressive negotiations "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
jungilizt (Eddie)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 827
Location: Daytona Beach, Floorida
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not need a belt sander, but I so have a palm sander. Pretty much everything in the imperial surplus link and all the items in my first response on page 1 of this thread.
_________________
Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect.
Jedi respect all life, in any form.
Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Imrageth (Roman Bela)
Legion Webmaster
Legion Webmaster


Joined: 15 Jul 2012
Posts: 1996
Location: London
Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forceflaw wrote:
Ok official have the money for my clone and am ordering all parts ( boots, armor, bucket, harness for kit, pistoles and holsters, the shoulder thingy ( I'm working on S1 commander Bly ). Its a new direction that I was not looking at be4 do to expense but if I'm doing this I want it done the way I want! I have all the parts I need for the outer armor on a shopping list but what gos in the armor? padding? velcro also what tools will I need? I have a few screw drivers a hammer and a drill right now. This is the list of tools I am looking at any additions ( I am using a dermal for sanding and cutting )

http://www.imperialsurplus.com/ac_tools.html


Check my tutorial, I tried to cover pretty much everything. It should help you:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42741
_________________
..:Roman Bela: Imrageth :..
Rebel Legion Webmaster
Legion Costume Judge (Clone Troopers)
Trading Cards Design Team

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jungilizt (Eddie)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 827
Location: Daytona Beach, Floorida
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imrageth wrote:
forceflaw wrote:
Ok official have the money for my clone and am ordering all parts ( boots, armor, bucket, harness for kit, pistoles and holsters, the shoulder thingy ( I'm working on S1 commander Bly ). Its a new direction that I was not looking at be4 do to expense but if I'm doing this I want it done the way I want! I have all the parts I need for the outer armor on a shopping list but what gos in the armor? padding? velcro also what tools will I need? I have a few screw drivers a hammer and a drill right now. This is the list of tools I am looking at any additions ( I am using a dermal for sanding and cutting )

http://www.imperialsurplus.com/ac_tools.html


Check my tutorial, I tried to cover pretty much everything. It should help you:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42741


His tutorial is AWESOME!
_________________
Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect.
Jedi respect all life, in any form.
Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 477
Location: hershey PA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks guys parts have been ordered kit should be on its way soon! Also a boom mic and a single fan kit ( i play airsoft and the same fan kits for sale here are the ones I use there )
_________________


18 " aggressive negotiations "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 477
Location: hershey PA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another update kit will be here Friday
_________________


18 " aggressive negotiations "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can post calendar events in this forum
The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group