About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f616bc8ced5ba9d09adc2db566d84351Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Museum Replicas' "Design Your Own Jedi"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a small gallery showing a few of these costumes on rebelscum.com for those that want to see more.

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Valen Kal ()

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I really glad there are good tailors on here that can do it cheaper, cuz me and my gf were considering this cuz we don't have the time or patience to do a costume, or skills my personal reason at 1st was #1 I've had something tailored wrong with overkill measurements i.e bigger then need and it was too small cuz it was over the net and well idk what the skill lvl of the person either, and I also cuz for a different situation I gave standing measurements even though I'm in a wheelchair and I know all about patrick stewart and his x-men attire,
I did this because I could walk 1 day force willing but, unfortunatly don't work both ways and I might has well get stuff for sitting, which brings me to well, robes and hilts on my waist, but that's something for another day I have a mando kit to finish up for the Mercs, and I'm glad I won't be wasting $ on MR, even though 90% of what I have from them has held up, but I'm ranting at this point anyone who wants to give me their 2cents and advice for the future I'd be greatful.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw these at comic-con. Touched them and what not just a bit. I'd say it's better than costume base tunics in that at least they use crinkled fabric (the costume base stuff I've seen approved to RL tends to be very flat fabric).

The fabric was so so. Not as nice as if you have someone custom make something for you from very high quality wools, cottons, or silks but better than many things I've seen approved to the legion. Middle of the road acceptable I'd say as far as fabrics and construction. Fit in the end is key obviously.

One thing to consider... the Ki-Adi Mundi robe is a robe option for the build your own Jedi. So this could come up as an issue. If it has not already been reconsidered as a formal generic version, I'd think with MR coming out with it as a generic build your own option it is worth revisiting the idea. I personally think it's fine for generic since there are at least two characters we see with this style robe. But, that's just me. I tend to like to look at the big picture of "Does this look like a Jedi who would have been in the background some place in a SW movie."

Here are a few photos I took:

HIGH RES IMAGES - CLICK LINKS TO VIEW

http://kay-dee.net/costumes/jedi/IMG_2931.jpg
http://kay-dee.net/costumes/jedi/IMG_2932.jpg

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Mihunai (Jermain Palmen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What in the world is up with those belts?
Did they seriously just rivet everything in place?

What happened to actual belt loops?
The Sam Brown studs?

Lots of questions, I know, but I'm seriously hoping this doesn't meet
the Formal 'as seen in the movies' requirement....

Even Costumebase belts are starting to look pretty good now...
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look like they have the waist seam in the middle of these tunics. Depending on the size bought that could cause the back of the tunic to sit higher up then the front as opposed to having to custom made and tailored so that when worn it's the same way the whole way around

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Kathy; the Mundi-style robe should be worked into the current standards. After all, if we are accepting green and armored Jedi now then we should consider this costume option as well, especially since it was actually seen on screen, lol.

Also, while the belt looks odd at best, the fabric elements don't look too bad, certainly better than the costumebase set which is unfortunately ubiquitous amongst our members. Comparatively, the sleeves are nice and wide and the material has a bit more movement, which are big steps up. Frankly, if we are accepting costumebase (bleah!) than this should be okay.

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
One thing to consider... the Ki-Adi Mundi robe is a robe option for the build your own Jedi. So this could come up as an issue. If it has not already been reconsidered as a formal generic version, I'd think with MR coming out with it as a generic build your own option it is worth revisiting the idea. I personally think it's fine for generic since there are at least two characters we see with this style robe. But, that's just me. I tend to like to look at the big picture of "Does this look like a Jedi who would have been in the background some place in a SW movie."

I hope so. I haven't tried taking pictures of my Mundi-style tunics and submitting them yet because I was worried about this issue!

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gene Neon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Hi i am new to these forums Reply with quote

Hi i am new to these forums and still learning my way>So please bear with me. I loved this "Build yor own jedi" and built a few outfits and i was impressed but i am concerned that if i purchse theses, would they pass inspection they cost alot once you added in the belt and boots
Padawan Valon (Sam Tilden)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm a month late to the party, but yes, these tunics are fine for approval. I got approved for a formal Jedi with a costume that used these tunics. However, I reccomend not getting the belt or boots from MR, as they are, like you said, quite expensive, and you can find cheaper alternaltives elsewhere. If you want you can PM me for more details. Heres a link to my costuming thread:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42843
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this topic doesn't matter now that Museum Replicas no longer offers them.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I had not heard that. Interesting...I wonder if Disney had anything to do with it?

...probably

Still...the Jedi LCJs had more trouble with those costume than was worth it for people wanting to join the RL. Most didn't fit and tailoring was required. I'm kinda glad to hear they're no longer available.

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47043

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: