About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=22bf6ceb866f35ab3da5b128a46d362cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme - Mustafar outfit
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akashka (Daria Mynarska)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Padme - Mustafar outfit Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm finishing my 1st Padme outfit;) From standards:

1. Fit and flare taupe/mushroom suede or moleskin sleeveless upside down V shaped empire waistline tunic with shawl collar and paneled bodice, five in the front and four in the back. Costumer should appear pregnant. cost for that was about 130 zł , ist bout 40 $ with gauntlets
2. Matching knuckle brushing opera length gauntlets with brown Naboo symbol on left gauntlet.
3. X shaped halter/belt of brown leather/pleather with burnished golden buckle/ornament. cost of belt - bout 10 $
4. Matching broach at collar. still waiting for those,
5. Fitted tan/beige leggings with 4 seams on each leg, front, right, back and left, tucked into dark brown knee high boots. waiting for better boots Wink
6. Center parted hair pulled back into low long braid with figure eight of buns/twists of hair surrounding the braid. Natural-occurring hair colors only, no bangs. gettin those is in progress Wink

and for this moment it looks like that:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice...You might want to use a bit of Velcro or a small snap at the shoulders to keep the strapping from sliding off of your shoulders.

Did you make your own buckle and broach or did you purchase from a supplier? I found these parts to be the hardest part of the costume.

The placement should be like this.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Akashka (Daria Mynarska)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend made the broach and buckle but one part of buckle broke and thats the reason I havent these on pics Wink
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do your pants and tunic have the seams like the standards state?

"...upside down V shaped empire waistline tunic with shawl collar and paneled bodice, five in the front and four in the back" "Fitted tan/beige leggings with 4 seams on each leg, front, right, back and left" When you submit for Rebel Legion approval, you'll need to make sure the seams are visible in the pictures.

Your pants look like they're pretty thin, what type of material is that?

Do you have the Naboo symbol embroidered on the left gauntlet?

It's a great start. Smile If you need help with achieving the hair, you could always use extensions or a wig.

Ladyghost4459 (Denise Cowles)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also please know that we are not trying to be critical of your work, but more trying to help another Rebel achieve their goals with as much help as we can offer.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true, not trying to pick it apart, just trying to help you make it the best you can get it...and to make your application process to the Rebel Legion smoother. Wink

Akashka (Daria Mynarska)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, of course you can be critical, I dont mind
I won't cry if it will appear that this Padme will be a "non-formal" because of little mistakes like " this steam is in wrong place". Wink

I'm waiting for the wig on this moment, and still looking for leggins. ( I've searched every single shop in my city, and I havn't found a single ecrue/beige leggins <lol>)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you sew or have someone who sews for you there are some patterns out there with small modifications would be good for the pants. This one can be ordered online from the Green Pepper pattern co.

http://thegreenpepper.com/adults.html
406 Sportight or Capri - Adults $5.00 Detail PDF
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dionaly (Liz Turner)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I made my leggings for my Asajj Ventress (on the other side of the force, I know) was literally to lay out a pair that I already owned on top of my fabric and trace out their shape. It's not too hard. You'd only have to add in the extra seams that most comerical leggings don't have.
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dionaly wrote:
The way I made my leggings for my Asajj Ventress (on the other side of the force, I know) was literally to lay out a pair that I already owned on top of my fabric and trace out their shape. It's not too hard. You'd only have to add in the extra seams that most comerical leggings don't have.

That's pretty much the way I made my Mustafar leggings, though I used some maternity pants (I happened to be pregnant at the time) because I want to be able to hide the "pregnancy pillow" under the pants.

Akashka (Daria Mynarska)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, at Monday I'm going to pick up broach, and then It will be and of collectin stuff to this costume Wink ( maybe in future I will change boots)
and still I have little trouble with the wig ( hate that part of this costume)

my friend in this costume (but other boots ;p) :
http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac174/Akashka89/Master%20Truck%202010/DSCN2183.jpg?t=1279317819
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buckle and broach will really help the costume "pop" that much more, once you get those in place. Looking good. Smile

Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rodriguez)
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Padme mustafar Hair do Reply with quote

I found this link, thought might be helpful for this costume's hair do.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/54019716/large-bridal-wedding-up-do-filler-wig

It uses a chain link wig hair extension. The pictures are quite easy to follow and the result is IMO very accurate.

The thing is... how to make this chain link wig hair extension?

Detachment Leader / Former Legion Costume Judge
Dack ()

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I'm looking for the boots she wears in this outfit. Ive scoured online can anyone point me in the right direction? would like them to meet standards thank you.
gunslingerpadme ()

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon is always a great start. It took me a while to find my current ones, but I have wide calves, so it's been a bit harder to find boots that fit correctly. My advice is to keep searching Amazon every couple of weeks. You should be able to find something, and it's the right time of year to get a good deal too.

Good luck! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: