About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=eb7267960b7a87e663b7eb2fbdf08483Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Sydney Saber Arena
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chewie ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed

Last edited by Chewie () on Sat May 25, 2013 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone thinks that Audax looks scary there... Try fighting against him. In the dark. THEN you would really think he was scary... Wink

Without Audax to develop the fighting style with, Saber Arena would never have been able to even get started.

Tython Base Facebook Page
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice ! Very Happy

AhsokaTano ()
Tython Base XO
Tython Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno I fight against both Fyr and Audax, Fyr is pretty scary to fight against1
jedi_ric (rick chinn)
Hoth Base CO
Hoth Base CO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the good work guys ......
Tatooine Base CO
Tatooine Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

question for this "Sydney Saber Arena" group, are you a different club from outside legion here?

are you like Novus Ordo type of club in Sydney? cause im seeing a lot of "Location: Sydney saber Arena" on peoples profiles and well i really have no idea where that is in NSW, i thought you were all a lightsaber group that put on shows at supanovas ect like how we in queensland have the Sith Vs Jedi which is what 8 members of both legions fighting a lightsaber battle.

can you please explain your group to me a bit clear please?
Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novus Ordo is a costuming club, and as such, can be in competition with RL for membership.

SSA is a lightsaber fighting group, and as such is totally different. It is a separate group that is synergistic with Rebel Legion, Novus Ordo and 501st, because fighting with lightsabers doesn't look all that good without great costumes to go with them. As such, we have encouraged our members to get involved in all those groups, as well as inviting people from those groups with an interest in Saber fighting to come and train with us. There is a flow through effect both ways, as I have some members coming in from those clubs, and I also have people who have never before costumed now working towards RL membership.

We are not a fight choreographing group, like SvJ or NYJedi. We are a martial arts group basing our training on mediaeval reenactment fighting techniques and working with a senior Bujinkan instructor to evolve a safe yet effective combat style for lightsaber combat. As time goes on, we shall evolve some choreographed aspects, but for the moment we are focused on freeform sparring in our practices.

sandman ()
Tatooine Base CO
Tatooine Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so... no supanova shows as such? and just a side club that are interested in joining RL... not a Location as such? i take it you have such rules ect that your club run with as well? is there a website/forum for you or is it a facebook page?
Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are in the process of organising appropriate insurance through a martial arts association. Once all our members are covered, we may well be comfortable doing such demonstrations as representatives of SSA. I see little conflict in our members trooping Supanova as RL, 501st or Novus Ordo, then taking half an hour to come together as Saber Arena for a lightsaber demonstration. Indeed, we did a small demonstration at the organiser's request at Heroes and Villains, while trooping as RL cadets, and several of our new members came up to us there and asked to join from seeing that demonstration.

We have a Facebook group that we organise things through (the link is in the first post of this thread) our physical location is in Sydney, wherever our members are... Wink

And no, the club itself is not interested in joining RL. Saber Arena is neutral and apolitical and welcomes members interested in Saber fighting, regardless of their background or affiliation with RL, 501st, Novus Ordo or any other group. Our members are by the same token welcome to join whichever group they choose, and we encourage them to do so, because high quality costumes improve the look of our fighting!

Fyr

Chewie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed

Last edited by Chewie () on Sat May 25, 2013 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Alcfalath (Matthew Wilson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry, did you say 'Ultrasabers standards'..?

Clearly you are either misinformed or misguided.. Do some digging in the saber community.. Here is a start.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/376938352376336/#!/pages/Ultra-Sabers-Lies-and-Deceit/239240936130636?fref=ts

Alex and Emory are in no way to be considered a safe or legitimate standard by any physical, moral, or ethical level.

These guys are worse than the Bentley O'Toole/Recasters equivalent of the prop making community..

But i re-iterate, do some digging.. the truth, no matter how hard the covered it up/banned members/deleted posts on Saberforum, and on FX where they had the audacity to threaten ALL of the legitimate builders with lawsuits, will always come out...

Save yourselves the issues, and either support the decent community builders, or make them yourselves via thecustomsabershop.com... It really isnt hard that all Very Happy

State Representative/Regional Commander - Rebel Legion - Tatooine Base
Temple Master - KJO Temple of the Twin Suns

Trooper BH/SL-6618 - 501st Terror Australis Garrison - Desert Scorpion Squad
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bad experiences with Ultra's have you had Matt & when?

I guess maybe their great service has gone bad ? I don't know...I can only talk from my person experience & I have 3 Ultra's & don't have a bad word to say about either their products or their service.

Parks on the other hand, I cannot same the same good things about.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faulty products, bad workmanship, little to no communication post money transfer and zero accountability/decent customer service post money transfer, with half a dozen transactions over a period of 4 years.

There are at least 12 people here who have had similar issues, of which when Ultra refused to accept responsibility for defective products, I had to repair and saw first hand. AS BAD AS SABERFORGE!

Not to mention all the other issues that hundreds of people have had around the world, from hotglueing machine nuts as heatsinks, through the Fraudulent Overlord Run Fiasco, all the way to the Obsidian Soundboard and the Stolen Intellectual and Soundfont Properties...

Im expecting backlash from this, as most people dont want to know the dirty details behind the moneygrabbing 'business', but its more of a crime to let it continue without public knowledge, as most of it is mass censored by threats from Ultra.

Chewie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed

Last edited by Chewie () on Sat May 25, 2013 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one, the facebook group Ultrasabers: Lies and Deceit, or www.thecustomsabershop.com?

As many should know, MR and Hasbro sabers are in no way meant for anything but display, however they can be easily converted with the right equipment (most of which are on thecustomsabershop).

The best customs, minus making your own, are from people such as Orbital Machining, Gemini Concepts, LDM Custom Sabers, Vaders Vault and a hell of a lot of other builders out there that i cant list off hand. The workmanship in these are amazing, and far more superior than anything from Ultra..

I understand money is an issue for most when buying a saber, and ultras are cheaper than most, however it is far better to save a little for a good product like at a reputable store, than a cheap one like from the back of a van in a carpark.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: