Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6013f909e3f06b955847df331410a4beMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Sydney Saber Arena
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Draco.

I think Mediaeval melees look spectacular in shows, and a lightsaber variant would be awesome. We are here to have fun, but shows are also a future aim. But for now, we're taking baby steps before worrying about running. And fun, we are having in buckets!

Fyr

Tython Base Facebook Page
Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five of us met tonight for saber practice

Basic training drills

Sometimes the only way to know that someone is hitting the right places at the right strength is to be the target...

It was a great night, looking forward to the next. Thank you to everyone who attended!

Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultra Sabers order has arrived!

From left to right;

Swiv's Guardian Sunrider's Destiny

Thomas' grab bag Liberator v3 Sunrider's Destiny

Meredyth's grab bag Liberator v3 Sunrider's Destiny

Kelly's grab bag Liberator v3 Consular Green
Kelly's Initiate v2 Adegan Silver, green colour discs have since been added to give Ahsoka's short blade a different, yellower tint to her long blade.

My Grab Bag Dark Initiate LE v3 Fire Orange
My Dark Initiate v2 Violet Amethyst

I've included the colour chart below because my iPhone was overwhelmed by the lightsaber glory!

Ultra Sabers grab bag has been nice to us, the Liberator is a nice long hilt that is a good two handed battle hilt, Kelly's liberator looks good with her Initiate, and most awesomely, my Dark Initiate pair up is an incredible coincidence that looks awesome! I'm very happy.

Hopfot (Scott)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spy 3 liberators V3s, Initiate V2 (I got 2), Dark initiate V2, Dark Initiate V3 (Got 2 of these too) and Consular. Picked that without reading your post. Razz I spend too much time on Ultrasabers site.

Edit: Damn, just read the post and I got the Consular mixed up with Guardian. Razz
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been back skulking on the Ultra Sabers site, wondering what I would order another time. I love my Dark Initiate v2 and v3LE. I'm thinking of getting a dark shock pommel for the DI LEv3 for extra length on the hilt in the next group order. If I was to upgrade, perhaps a Dominix v3 LE with dark shock pommel and sound, I do like the shape and feel of this one, although I'm going to put some more weight in the hilt to balance the HG blade.

A real surprise for me are the feel of the initiate v2 hilts and short blades. I love my little violet amethyst saber. I'm giving it to my daughter, who is 10, adores Star Wars, wants to be a Jedi and her favourite colour is purple. One weekend a fortnight, I'll have to prise it from her dead fingers before I'll get to use it. The rest of the time... It's MINE!!!

Fyr

Chewie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed

Last edited by Chewie () on Sat May 25, 2013 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Hopfot (Scott)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the V3 Initiates have a nice shape to them. I find mine are easier to handle than my V2s. I also have the Dark War Glave - Guardian Blue, my latest and most favourite saber of all. And I'm thinking of getting the Dark Arbiter - Purple for my next one. Good thing about that, I can swap and change the emitter, pommel and neck with the War Glave. Just tossing up weather to get with sound or not. If I go without sound, I will be more willing to duel with it and the batteries will last alot longer.
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiv wrote:
I liked the text message you sent when you turned on all the sabers, "how do you turn your saber off?" Laughing Jedi

All the sabers worked perfectly. Went to switch Swiv's off and it emitted nasty "I'm breaking" sounds... Argh!

I like the solid feel of the v2. The v3 may be better with an initiate blade than the 36. Duelling is worse with sound? It does sound cool... Pardon the pun!

Hopfot (Scott)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyr Mureys wrote:
Swiv wrote:
I liked the text message you sent when you turned on all the sabers, "how do you turn your saber off?" Laughing Jedi

All the sabers worked perfectly. Went to switch Swiv's off and it emitted nasty "I'm breaking" sounds... Argh!

I like the solid feel of the v2. The v3 may be better with an initiate blade than the 36. Duelling is worse with sound? It does sound cool... Pardon the pun!

Nah it's more awesome. But it's more so that the sound board wont last as long with the physical stress from the vibration of blades clashing. During our duels and I reckon you are too, we are really hitting those blades HARD. I've broken 4 of my own blades. And I just don't trust the electronics of the sound board to survive excessive vibration. Razz

And I can tell you, from my point of view, that the Initiates are much better with the longer blade. I had initiate blades on my first ones and so often during SvJ would the length of the blade prove insufficient to block with. I often took hits to the head or hands. But might work with what you guys are doing though, just have to find out. Wink They are however perfect for the kids.

And yeah I agree on the solid feel of the V2 over the V3, I just like the thicker design and the choke either side of the button. Makes for easier grip and maneuverability when spinning the blade.
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopfot wrote:
Nah it's more awesome. But it's more so that the sound board wont last as long with the physical stress from the vibration of blades clashing. During our duels and I reckon you are too, we are really hitting those blades HARD. I've broken 4 of my own blades. And I just don't trust the electronics of the sound board to survive excessive vibration. Razz

I think Trillia mentioned the same concern about the electonics. Swiv donated a couple of Maul Fx sabers for us to kill before he sent them off to Ultra Saber to die, and they died spectacularly on Wednesday. We are so lucky the other sabers arrived so promptly! I ordered a spare HG blade, so we're all using HGs now. Have you tried Mid Range blades? They are supposed to stand up to punishment, but at this stage when everyone is using HG I'm wary of lighter blades. Trillia mentioned imbalance from the HG blades, I've noticed that the Initiate v3 and the liberators have a balance point about 2-3 inches up the blade, not a bad thing for mediaeval but it might be worthwhile putting some heavy lead washers in the hilt to balance it a bit, I note that we have some space to do so.

Hopfot wrote:
And I can tell you, from my point of view, that the Initiates are much better with the longer blade. I had initiate blades on my first ones and so often during SvJ would the length of the blade prove insufficient to block with. I often took hits to the head or hands. But might work with what you guys are doing though, just have to find out. Wink They are however perfect for the kids.

And yeah I agree on the solid feel of the V2 over the V3, I just like the thicker design and the choke either side of the button. Makes for easier grip and maneuverability when spinning the blade.

Short reach is always sucky. If you see the early video on FB where Audax is fighting with two short blades against my one long blade, reach is important and he was dead before he came close to me. Long arms and long saber make for a good combination for a fight! And yes, I love spinning my v3, would love to try the larger chokeholds of the dominix/Aeon sometime. And the clash pommel, for another inch of hilt length, lol!

Hopfot (Scott)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I personally wouldn't use MG blades. I had a HG Ultra that broke on it's first night of use in practice.
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopfot wrote:
Yeah, I personally wouldn't use MG blades. I had a HG Ultra that broke on it's first night of use in practice.

Trillia was saying that some hilts didn't balance the HG blades. All our blades are now HG, and the liberators seem to be the lightest, but even so the balance point is only about 5-7cm up the blade. I'll see if I can find a nice heavy lead washer to balance it a bit more.

Swiv held a BBQ for us today, the food was great, and so was the company. He's lent Thomas and I some of his spare Jedi robes to help make the templates come together. I've delivered all the sabers, and look forward to our next practice session!

Fyr

Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBQ at Swiv's place.

And a significant number of the saber arena members are all over six feet tall, lol... Should make for some imposing Jedi!

Interestingly enough, I was not familiar with the Guardian design from ultrasabers. Yesterday, as we were making an outer tunic we were playing Yhe Phantom Menace, and stopped work for the Darth Maul saber battle. As Obi Wan was hanging around, and Maul kicked his saber down the shaft, I finally recognised Swiv's saber!

AhsokaTano ()
Tython Base XO
Tython Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL and I am short and having to battle it out with a short lightsaber in one hand and the longer one in the other but it was fun fighting it out with you guys and Swiv's lightsabers dying was the hilarity of the night.
Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short compared to the rest of us is good... Padawan! Wink

Love the new profile pic, Kel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: