About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=01ccb60b4e26076e0af1fb892b4c03c2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ashara Zavros, a new Togruta jedi XD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Ashara Zavros, a new Togruta jedi XD Reply with quote

Okay so it took a while to figure this out but I think Ashara could possibly be Rebel Legion approved Smile And I have a set of Montral and lekku hanging about doing nothing. Well actually they are being Stunt Movie/TFU Shaak Ti pieces atm..

Ashara Zavros is a companion for the Sith Inquisitor in Star Wars the Old Republic.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ashara_Zavros
http://swtorsithassassin.com/2011/12/sith-inquisitor-companion-ashara-zavros/

But she starts off as a Padawan, no further spoilers just yet but it is a fairly sizable part of the SI storyline at that point and we clearly see her training and how well her lessons go Wink
http://www.hotrodacc.com/swtor/MCPL_2.html#si
http://www.hotrodacc.com/swtor/comp/Ashara_Zavros/Ashara_Zavros_21.jpg
http://www.hotrodacc.com/swtor/comp/Ashara_Zavros/Ashara_Zavros_20.jpg
Sorry those are the only reference images I can get together until I start screen capping videos. Some find her very annoying, some have said her character is just not so easily defined as others. I'm looking forward to meeting her in game (I mainly played a BH on the Beta Weekends Wink ).

I will be able to pattern the robes soon anyway and then start templating the armour. it looks very similar to the "stanrad" jedi armour but in black and silver. And there are silver details on the robes that give them a different flavour.

Her make up is a little more friendly, described as orange in various databases but it looks more like a dark warm yellow, only just heading into the orange tones on my monitor. Not the dark burnt orange of Ahsoka.

About to fall into bed. I had a pity party for missing the first launch Wink I'm in NZ. No launch parties here Smile

(Also wanting to see more of Bela Kiwiiks, another female Togruta in SWTOR).
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, looks good to me. As long as you do her Jedi garments, it should work fine.

Are there any different sources aside from in-game footage?

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of Master Kiwiks

http://www.torhead.com/npc/2T4hIyK#.
Koda Vonnor (BillCostigan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Ashara Zavros, a new Togruta jedi XD Reply with quote

neimhaille wrote:
Okay so it took a while to figure this out but I think Ashara could possibly be Rebel Legion approved...

Any companion character from SWTOR presents several challenges to RL Formal approval. The greatest of which is that companion characters change costumes almost as much as Player Characters. There is no one costume you can point to and say, "That's the Ashara costume!"

Since the Rebel Legion approves costumes rather than characters, Ashara is a moving target that's difficult to hit.

Master Kiwiks on the other hand wears the same costume throughout the game.

~ Bill C.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any NPC is seen exactly the same by all players prior to the ability to customise, in this way each companion has a default.

Ashara is quite different though as she cannot be changed physically, only new sets of armour as time goes on. And she also has a backstory that plays and shows her wearing the same costume over an extended period of time during her training, not just in few hours as seen by the player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrv2IJ3Wisw
This is a heavily spliced video but it does show what I mean.
There are spoilers! She is gained at the third companion of the Sith Inq. so is quite a way into that storyline.
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neimhaille wrote:

Ashara is quite different though as she cannot be changed physically,

Somebody hasn't been to Ilum yet.

You can buy the first and second of her three customization kits on Ilum from the Security Key Vendor, I believe the third is from the CE vendor at the Imperial equivalent to the Republic Fleet Vendor.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neimhaille wrote:
...only new sets of armour as time goes on...

So one could recreate any of a multitude of armour sets and point to an in-game reference image as proof of that particular Ashara's costume accuracy and formality.

The RL recreates costumes, not characters. To propose a face character, there must be a fixed visual image to recreate, or a finite number of fixed visual images, such as each of the specific Princess Leia or Padmé costumes.

That's why Satele Shan works as an SWTOR face, but Ashara does not.

After reading over this post I see it coming across as antagonistic, but that's not my intention. As a SWTOR player I think it's a very good discussion. Very Happy

~ Bill C.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say if any companion characters were allowed, it would have to be the outfit they are wearing in cut scene's before they become playable characters. I would say once they land in control of the player, any costume after that point is not a valid costume for formal status.
You could still make it for con's and I'm sure it would be a big hit to any person that has played the game...but for RL purposes, I would say, like Bill, customization of outfits rules out any character.

So...that's why I'm taking my stance that companion characters should be OK'd for the costume(s) you see them wearing before you can control them.
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masterbean wrote:
I would say if any companion characters were allowed, it would have to be the outfit they are wearing in cut scene's before they become playable characters. I would say once they land in control of the player, any costume after that point is not a valid costume for formal status.
You could still make it for con's and I'm sure it would be a big hit to any person that has played the game...but for RL purposes, I would say, like Bill, customization of outfits rules out any character.

So...that's why I'm taking my stance that companion characters should be OK'd for the costume(s) you see them wearing before you can control them.

^^this
Basically, it's the point at which that character becomes customizable to the player that it looses it's face character status, in my mind.

501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree.
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masterbean wrote:

This is my view too. Were someone to make a Kira, or a Corso, folks would recognize them if they were done in their "Pre-companion" outfits.
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is costumes that are approved then it's simple: "Ashara's default costume" (no other character wears it- SI wear light armour and i think it is limited to Ashara so you can't mail it to alts.-and it is not modifyable while she is an NPC).

If it were character based then that would make it murky because it would allow for all customisation. Which then ventures into the whole orginal character thing. Which is already sort of allowed as "generic" Jedi anyway. I'd be interested to know how that works in this era! Old Republic and New Republic custom cosutmes are allowed (within rules based on art of those eras) based on far fewer examples than you can find in swtor and KotoR. Some of which are from actual costumes created some are from interpretations in comics and as book covers.

I have Ashara as my companon now and as with all companions her outfit is actually named as hers (ie Ashara's boots etc.)

So again this is only wearable by her, and is identified as hers. No way could you wear that costume and be mistaken as anyone else. People may not recognise it but that is an issue for even OT costumes (Slave Leia: are you from Wow?)

She wears this as a padawan in training so is defintely light side. Like Anakin's Ep III outfit she wears it both light and dark side.

Something that is handy about being able to modify later: you can see at least a few layers that go into the costume by removing and replacing I have some screen capsof the backsof her legs now for instance.

And yes, it did take me this long to roll my Sorcerer to this level, I was having too muh fun with my BH. But force lightning.... addicted.
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you a little, but it does fall apart slightly- I'm playing a Jedi Knight, with my roommate, a Jedi Consular, and my companion Kira wears a lot of the same outfits as the Consular. It's all labeled "Kira's," but when it comes down to it, it's only her default outfit that is truly unique to her (and even that shows up in variations on the Consular, but whatevs. It's Kira's outfit).

That said, I definitely have maybe half the things I need to make my Kira Carsen costume. I have no idea if she'll be approvable, but I just love the character too much not to. Mr. Green

In solidarity with the VFX industry, who brought the Star Wars we know and love to life, I'm going green screen.

My Etsy shop: Sew Corellian
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediDWH wrote:
..I just love the character too much...

Common fight dialog:

Kira: "I'm about to break your record, boss."
Katarn (me): "In your dreams, Carson."

Love it. Mr. Green
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koda Vonnor wrote:
JediDWH wrote:
..I just love the character too much...

Common fight dialog:

Kira: "I'm about to break your record, boss."
Katarn (me): "In your dreams, Carson."

Love it. Mr. Green

I'm sorry, but my love has to go to Risha. Razz

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: