About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=07362eebb09d68c258a337a9ce77b39fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Introductions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birdman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to have you here Farlander! Another Jedi would be sweet! I'm jealous of your plans for the A-wing... Some day perhaps for me Smile
Farlander ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought of two questions... In regards to pilots, I've seen people with rank and/or squad and number shown on either their profile or signature block. What determines rank? And who gives squadron name/color and number assignments?

Thanks folk.
Josh
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farlander wrote:
Just thought of two questions... In regards to pilots, I've seen people with rank and/or squad and number shown on either their profile or signature block. What determines rank? And who gives squadron name/color and number assignments?

Thanks folk.
Josh

Someone else would have to speak about rank, but I would guess it is chosen by the individual. The squadron is specific to the Base, ours is Firewind. Numbers can be obtained from the Squadron Leader by asking for an available one once you're approved if I understand correctly.
Archived Member Profile

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once your pilot costume is approved just send me a PM and request a number. 1-13 are claimed already, anything after that is open.
Farlander ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. The reason I ask is b/c I've been in a gaming group that plays all the old Lucas Arts flight sims (X-Wing, TIE, XvT, XWA) and was thinking of doing up my helmet to fit my assignment there (Gold 7). Would that be taboo?
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, if you want to set up an X-Wing Alliance multiplayer session, I'm totally up for it. I usually do one at least once a year with my buddies. Just don't schedule it in the next month or so since I'm moving and won't be free. Maybe we ought to set up a Legion-wide game between all the squadrons! Maybe even inter-Legion to play against the Jolly Rogers in the 501st!

Shane, how can 1-13 be reserved, when we only have 11 pilots registered in the base? Do we have some up-and-coming recruits that have pre-registered? Also on a side note, does a squadron have to designate separate wings if they have more than 12 members? I'm not used to seeing callsigns higher than 12.
Farlander ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kievan Mereel wrote:
Shane, how can 1-13 be reserved, when we only have 11 pilots registered in the base? Do we have some up-and-coming recruits that have pre-registered? Also on a side note, does a squadron have to designate separate wings if they have more than 12 members? I'm not used to seeing callsigns higher than 12.

Good question. When do we break into other squads, and with several squads when do we become a wing? I'd say when we hit 18... then break into two 9s which will then get every other new pilot. Should two squads ever hit 12 each, a 13th comes, then you could have two squads of 8 and one of 9. OK, now I'm dreaming... :-P
General_Koon (Rick Vargas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings form the Outer Rim.

I'm starting the process of building a realistic version of General Plo Koon as he is seen in the Clone Wars with the clone bracelets and no tunic but I don't have a really high amount of cash to pour on this baby yet. What i plan is to go with the budget and make the best I can with it, getting it approved and then start upgrading from there.

My Rubies Deluxe mask is now on it's way, my boots are being made and I have a very nice leather belt being watched in ebay with the puches and food cilinders and all. Really nicely done.

it is very likely that during the weekend I travel to a seamstress that lives a few miles from home to order the pants and tunic/flaps/shirt thing he uses.

I'll scratchbuild my Gaunts in fiberglass from scratch.

I'm having serious problems finding a good saber and I think I'll have to modify one of those Darth Maul ultimate FX sabers that are coming out now (the cheap ones) and adapt a green blade on it... I jave no idea how to do that.

All custom made sabers are 350 to even 600 bucks and I just can't spend that much money in the saber. I have about 150 to spend on the saber alone and I'll have to manage with that.

I also need some help with General Koon's hands. where can I fing nice 4 fingered hands? I know I can make the nails, including the middle metal ones but I still need to know where to find good enough hands for it.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

This is also a surprise build for my 501st and Rebel Legion buddies in my home country! lol

Cheers and I'm glad to be here.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won't break into other squads if we exceed 12. We'll just keep adding numbers to Firewind Squadron. Hazard Squadron is a good example of this, they have a LOT, lol.

General Koon, I'd advise trying the Jedi forum. Realistically, I would not advise a cheap build and upgrading. You're just going to end up frustrated. Rather, put away a little each paycheck to allow yourself to get the stuff you want right off. I was in the same boat with my pilot, and the pieces I saved up for I'm still happy with 3 years later. The pieces I got cheaply, I'm very frustrated with.
General_Koon (Rick Vargas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaina, I really appreciate the advice. At first, not a week ago I was under the idea of making this costume just for the heck of it. One week later I'm all but in love with the character and have moved from cheap to quality in a flash.

I still can't afford the silicone Plo Koon mask and hands so for the time being the modified rubies mask and dobby hands will have to do. they are on their way now and I'll most probably get them next week.

The saber I have already ordered the aluminum beauty made by the Venezuelan hilt builder francisco. I'll have that hilt on my hands in 3 weeks time. I have odered an Anakin MR Force FX saber and will be transferring the core and blade to the Frank Hilt as soon as I have them in hand. Later on the core will be upgraded to a Luxeon for full dueling resistance.

Boots and tabard/shirts and leather fingerless gloves will be custom made with real leather and textured fabrics for the best look possible.

The belt comes from Singapoor but will be upgraded to a real leather one as soon as the first signs of wear appear.

I am making my own gauntlets, handplates and Talons.

I'll also push the effort to start and hopefully complete Jedi General Plo Koon (Clone wars armor type)'s CRL for the Rebel Legion as per Mark suggestion.

I'm really trhilled about doing this character now.

Very Happy
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like an awesome project! Good luck with it! I will say that I agree with Jaina that you want to get the best you can at first. I ordered the belt from Singapore myself, and I'm still using it a year later, but I wish I'd have gone for a better belt that I dont have to keep fixing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: