About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d6b5e70e52d43ebc8a33f9135c54590fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ultrasabers grab bag saber Part Deux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deathmonkey ()

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Ultrasabers grab bag saber Part Deux Reply with quote

Thanks to you members I have has a surge of motivation to do things myself. While waiting to get rivets and tools to make my own belt, I decided I would work on my Ultrasaber grab bag saber. I got some AWESOME tips from here and the Ultrasaber forums.

Started with a red Liberator v3

I started sanding before I took the picture. I used 60 grit sandpaper to get off the red.

Next was 120 grit.

Onto the 220 grit

400 grit to smooth it out

And finally 600grit and Brasso to clean it up

The one thing it said not to do was use a power sander, so I sandpapered by hand, but I realized I wanted a look like it had seen battle and weathered. I used a Dremel with the sanding tip to add scratches and a worn look to the top 2/3rd. I left the bottom alone, for there is where I would have at least one hand in battle. Although the top looks beat, it is smooth and has a decent shine the pic wouldn't detail. I still want to do some more, but still contemplating what. At least some o-rings in the grooves.
SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY nicely done! And much better than the original. Thanks for the progress thread. It really helps others see what is possible with such simple techniques bow

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Deathmonkey ()

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SithariRog wrote:
VERY nicely done! And much better than the original. Thanks for the progress thread. It really helps others see what is possible with such simple techniques bow

That is why I posted it. If a no-skill noob can do it, anyone can.
Amanita ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice! That bit of red left up near the emitter end makes it look very sharp indeed!
Mattnanimous (Matt Atchley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work bro!
I wouldn't change thing, but if you ever wanted to make the battle scars stand out more you could try some black was and then wipe it down
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: