About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fe252aa1b24d2de55a4ceb5c10a6df95Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Generic Jedi Costume Standards released - May 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think her question is more along the lines of whether a Sarissa/Ki Adi inspired costume can be approved as formal/informal, considering that style does not involve tabards.

Also, to the blaster discussion. I was wondering about the disappearance of the blaster as an optional item, but is happy to read that it is still allowed. I assume the same thing goes for blaster packs. Smile

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it can be considered formal; if not it should be easy to take a long rectangle of cloth, throw it over the back of the neck so the ends hang down over the front, and then put on the hooded vest/cloak. Boom! Easy tabbards.

Cool

On another happy note, I just finished re-writing my character's bio on my costume page to reflect the FANTASTIC change which finally allows him to be included as an Old Republic Jedi! These changes are the BEST! Thank you Legion Council!

Mr. Green

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
I think her question is more along the lines of whether a Sarissa/Ki Adi inspired costume can be approved as formal/informal, considering that style does not involve tabards.

Also, to the blaster discussion. I was wondering about the disappearance of the blaster as an optional item, but is happy to read that it is still allowed. I assume the same thing goes for blaster packs. Smile

the question of blasters was addressed already...

BedlamX wrote:
Schph Gochi wrote:
rogue9607 wrote:
Follow up question on blasters... I know the standards are minimum requirements which certainly do not take all optional accessories into account, but I'm curious to the "grandfathered in" and "new applicants have to worry about that" comments. That phrasing sounds like blasters wouldn't be approved going forward. Is that the case?

Hopefully I'm just misreading. Smile

blasters are not addressed...

blasters were always an optional item..

if you have enough of the other optional elements/items on the list of options...

you can always add a blaster on top of those required additional items if you so desire.

Thanks for clarifying that part. I hate falling into a "grandfather clause" thing and like to keep up to current CRLs with my stuff. I really dig the holster rig I made, so glad to hear it is still allowed Smile

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tag Aldeggon wrote:
These changes are the BEST! Thank you Legion Council!

Thank Mark and our awesome team of LCJs. They're one of the most under-appreciated jobs in the Legion!

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion

Last edited by Commander Cody (Jason R.) on Thu May 31, 2012 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tag Aldeggon wrote:
I think it can be considered formal; if not it should be easy to take a long rectangle of cloth, throw it over the back of the neck so the ends hang down over the front, and then put on the hooded vest/cloak. Boom! Easy tabbards.

I don't want 'easy tabbards', I always tailor everything to fit correctly Wink Besides, the style doesn't look right with tabbards anyway. I'll post a pic soon, I just haven't had a free weekday since taking it to take submission pictures.

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Ki-Adi-Mundi is kind of the main guy for this style of outfit, and he has tabbards. I like the added dimension they give; it seems to imply that there is a complete Jedi outfit underneath the wool cloak-vest thing. But if you submit as Sarissa in particular, then whatever she has, goes, and going formal just depends on how accurate you are to her especially. So I would add them if you are going generic, but not if you are going face-character with it.

But that's just my two cents, lol. For all I know your costume looks so good already that nothing needs to change. I would love to see it so far!

Smile

Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tag Aldeggon wrote:
Well, Ki-Adi-Mundi is kind of the main guy for this style of outfit, and he has tabbards. I like the added dimension they give; it seems to imply that there is a complete Jedi outfit underneath the wool cloak-vest thing. But if you submit as Sarissa in particular, then whatever she has, goes, and going formal just depends on how accurate you are to her especially. So I would add them if you are going generic, but not if you are going face-character with it.

But that's just my two cents, lol. For all I know your costume looks so good already that nothing needs to change. I would love to see it so far!

Smile

I've heard that before, but I just don't see any tabbards on his outfit

And I don't want to do Sarrissa, because I'll be locked into her hairstyle and color scheme (and quite frankly, dowdy fit because it might actually BE a Ki-Adi robe). I don't think you entirely understand what I'm asking so I may as well just submit it and see what happens.

I wasn't going to reveal this til I had proper pictures but I might as well. Sorry it's blurry, my settings weren't right... and my cameraman (*coughRichcough*) is really tall so they look like they're taken from the ceiling

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leia wrote:

I wasn't going to reveal this til I had proper pictures but I might as well. Sorry it's blurry, my settings weren't right... and my cameraman (*coughRichcough*) is really tall so they look like they're taken from the ceiling

Sowwy, I'll do better next time Crying or Very sad
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen Ki-Adi's outfit, and it does have tabbards. I can see them clearly even in that picture. But I like yours! It looks very flattering and very Jedi-like. I think it's a great look. Smile

Travelsized ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Outer tunic, sleeved.
Is there a minimum length for the outer tunic, or is it a judgement call? =)
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leia wrote:

I've heard that before, but I just don't see any tabbards on his outfit

Look again, he is unique in that his tabards match that raw silk under-tunic. His tabs are under the outer robe in cloth matching his long sleeved tunic. Smile

Sarissa is interesting, it seems as if they grabbed an extra robe of Mundi's, put it on her minus the tabards and her under tunic is different cloth than his I believe (unsure). The sleeveless robe hits her lower calves and is super baggy (as though it was his!) But I digress... this thread is about the generic "Jedi" category.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Thu May 31, 2012 9:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tabards are required...
so...
your costume would be informal....

again...
if you choose to recreate a specific character that does not have tabards...you are good to go..

BUT

if you are applying as generic...
you will have to have tabards...
and...
here is something to consider...
if you have enough fabric for tabards...make them...and wear them for costume submission...
if you do informal events (which mostly everything we do is "informal") you don't have to wear the tabards to those events...just leave them off...

or..
you can have the costume accepted as informal...

and..
yes...
I can see Ki Adi's tabards

JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travelsized wrote:
Quote:
1. Outer tunic, sleeved.
Is there a minimum length for the outer tunic, or is it a judgement call? =)

Your choice for generic Jedi. As a rule of thumb, we see most at mid-thigh length, but you can tailor it as desired.

And Vera, looks good as always!
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schph Gochi wrote:
tabards are required...
so...
your costume would be informal....

See, that's all I wanted to know. I wasn't sure if I had to have those to even be approvable or not.

As far as KAM goes, tabbards under an outer tunic seems a little pointless, to me!

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol..

imho..
tabards are pretty pointless as a whole...
but..

they are one of the things that one identifies as "Jedi"

Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: