About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fb5ca80ef37f7c13cefb63cf401a6aa6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Generic Jedi Costume Standards released - May 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife will be submitting her Jedi costume soon, but I had a question on tabard length. I made the costume last January when the requirement was "must extend below obi in front - aprox 1/2 way between obi & bottom of outer tunic." Her outer tunic comes down to about her knee, and the tabards end mid thigh.

I know we're under a new standard now, but I'm curious why this item changed so drastically. There seems to be support for tabards that end below the outer tunic.

Kai Justiss

Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kai_Justiss?file=KaiArchives.jpg

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Source: ROTJ
DarthGM (Phil Maiewski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogue9607 wrote:
My wife will be submitting her Jedi costume soon, but I had a question on tabard length. I made the costume last January when the requirement was "must extend below obi in front - aprox 1/2 way between obi & bottom of outer tunic." Her outer tunic comes down to about her knee, and the tabards end mid thigh.

I know we're under a new standard now, but I'm curious why this item changed so drastically. There seems to be support for tabards that end below the outer tunic.

I think that's the minimum they have to extend down. I've seen plenty of tabards that come down past the bottom of the tunic in formal-approved roster pics.
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthGM wrote:
I think that's the minimum they have to extend down. I've seen plenty of tabards that come down past the bottom of the tunic in formal-approved roster pics.

The new standards say "Must extend at least to bottom of tunic in front." This means that while her tabards met the old requirements, they do not meet the new ones (as I'm reading them). There seems to be support for tabards that end above the outer tunic, so I was wondering why there was such a large change in the standard.
SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are about to clarify tabard length...among other issues with the Generic Jedi Costume Standards. But certainly tabard length (on front and back) is one thing we are going to address Wink

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the update. I'm interested to see the changes when they come out.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally have never gotten too bent out of shape about tabard length...though agree that the tabard should at least come to the bottom of the outer tunic in front IF the costume is an above the knee tunic...
when you get to the "to the floor" outer tunics....then I think the tabards should be more or less "proportional"....and go to at least the knee...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: