Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bdf687aabfbd41ae904abce4335a232dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Generic Jedi Costume Standards released - May 2012
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: New Generic Jedi Costume Standards released - May 2012 Reply with quote

”Confer upon you ALL the rank of Jedi, the Council does.”

It’s been a long time coming. But continuing conversations, input from members and submission issues over the years has helped us evolve the costume standards. Face characters are being treated as such and have much more exacting standards written for them. Generic standards have needed to be ‘fixed’, and finally, we have a solution.

From this point forward, Old Republic Jedi and New Republic Jedi costume standards will be renamed to ‘Old Republic Jedi Face Characters’ and ‘New Republic Jedi Face Characters’. We will continue to re-work these standards as they are brought up, adding images and as much detail as possible to uphold high Legion standards and reward costumes that are good representations of the character.

So what of our generic standards? They go away. From now on, we’re all called ‘Jedi’.

There is a new thread in the Costume Standards today for ‘Jedi’ which encompasses Old Republic and New Republic styles in one standard. Gone are the days of the hook or Covertec conversation; gone are the restrictive color styles; even gone is the sleeved requirement (in a way, you’ll see, they still don’t go around showing skin). This is really the result of a collaborative effort that has evolved over the years involving a lot of members, and I am proud to present them.

A new banner has been created for Jedi on the main webpage, as well as changes to database entries for members. In attempting to find images of generic Jedi for reference, I went to the best source: our membership.

The Jedi standards can be viewed here and are effective immediately. Good creating, and May the Force Be With You!
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that a light saber (or just hilt/belt hanger) is now required. Is this legal in all counties?

501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 12 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aysel wrote:
I noticed that a light saber (or just hilt/belt hanger) is now required. Is this legal in all counties?

There really has been no change in the lightsaber requirement...

A non toy lightsaber has always been required for any Jedi costume...whether it be just a hilt or a bladed hilt...

A clip has also always been required...
in the old standard ORJ Jedi were required to have a covertec style clip and NRJ were required to have a D-ring/D-ring style clip.

In the new standard....it is either/or and not dictated by era...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
bigironvault ()

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I'm just starting out and I wanted to be sure I read the new "Jedi" CRL correctly. The way I'm interpreting it is that a Jedi can theoretically be dressed in all black - outer tunic, sash, inner tunic, and even have a black robe/cloak? Is this correct?

Would an "all-black" Jedi be considered canon/formal then if he/she gets the 3 requirements beyond the basic costume?
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend you have some brown/other acceptable color in there save red, but I'll leave it to the LCJ's to make a definitive ruling.
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigironvault wrote:
Hi I'm just starting out and I wanted to be sure I read the new "Jedi" CRL correctly. The way I'm interpreting it is that a Jedi can theoretically be dressed in all black - outer tunic, sash, inner tunic, and even have a black robe/cloak? Is this correct?

Would an "all-black" Jedi be considered canon/formal then if he/she gets the 3 requirements beyond the basic costume?

Yes....
all black costumes had always been accepted as NRJ with the proper optional items...

check my profile...
and you will see a formal NRJ with black tunic, tabards and sash..

Wink

BedlamX (Tommy Sutton)
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly question time: what about blasters?

When I rebuilt my Jedi, I added a blaster because it fit the back story and was one of the things for the "formal" list. Do I now need to remove it as there is no mention (that I found anyway) of them in the new guide?
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone with a Jedi costume in one of the new frames (which yours is)
is grandfathered in...

and you don't have to do anything..

It is just people in the old style frames (from the old website) and new applicants that have to worry about that...

rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow up question on blasters... I know the standards are minimum requirements which certainly do not take all optional accessories into account, but I'm curious to the "grandfathered in" and "new applicants have to worry about that" comments. That phrasing sounds like blasters wouldn't be approved going forward. Is that the case?

Hopefully I'm just misreading. Smile
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogue9607 wrote:
Follow up question on blasters... I know the standards are minimum requirements which certainly do not take all optional accessories into account, but I'm curious to the "grandfathered in" and "new applicants have to worry about that" comments. That phrasing sounds like blasters wouldn't be approved going forward. Is that the case?

blasters are not addressed...

blasters were always an optional item..

if you have enough of the other optional elements/items on the list of options...

you can always add a blaster on top of those required additional items if you so desire.

BedlamX (Tommy Sutton)
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schph Gochi wrote:
rogue9607 wrote:

blasters are not addressed...

blasters were always an optional item..

if you have enough of the other optional elements/items on the list of options...

you can always add a blaster on top of those required additional items if you so desire.

Thanks for clarifying that part. I hate falling into a "grandfather clause" thing and like to keep up to current CRLs with my stuff. I really dig the holster rig I made, so glad to hear it is still allowed Smile
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone clarify how this affects informals? Are we no longer able to use sources to back up variations? I just finished a Ki-Adi Mundi/Sarrissa Jeng style tunic set and haven't had a chance to get my photos in yet. I'm concerned that I wouldn't even be able to get it approved as informal.

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, Vera, are you saying you 'want' to be approved as Informal? Because with the long sleeve inner tunic, and a sleeveless outer like her, you could be a Formal.

Then again, if you want to be Informal, feel free to select Informal from the pull down menu. I don't think anyone will make you be 'Formal'.
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, I'd love to be formal, but with a sleeveless outer tunic and no tabbards, I didn't think that possible. And I wasn't sure how the changes would affect informal options either.

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were recreating the face character Sarrissa Jeng (is she the one in the Geonosis arena battle with the braid around her head?)...
you would then move from generic Jedi to face Jedi...

If there are no standards for said character, then the judge would have to go by the reference material..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: