Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1096000c8286f8dc12756db3810a5b26Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

E-Mail Address Change Requests
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crimson (Rome O.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: E-Mail Address Change Requests Reply with quote

Please post e-mail address change requests in here. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS YOURSELF! If you change your e-mail address yourself in your profile, your account will be automatically disabled until it can be reenabled by an administrator. This is a security measure that's built into the forum software, not something we created!

Please include your old & new addresses. If you are posting on someone else's behalf, please include their forum username (again, not a mind-reader! Smile)

I have been getting private e-mails and PMs more frequently lately from people who have ignored this instruction and are requesting their accounts to be reactivated. Unfortunately, I am not tied to the computer 24 hours a day, so it takes longer when you ask me directly.

Again, as noted above, there are other forum administrators here who can reenable accounts. Please post here, because the work is more widely distributed.

Last edited by Crimson (Rome O.) on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting for member "Padawan Valon" that missed this announcement, and has contacted me for help on another forum we both frequent....

Quote:

Hey Jay. I accidentally tried to change my email on the RL forums (didn't know it would disable your account!) So I'm locked out with no way to post over there. Could you help me out and post in this thread:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39388

That "Padawan Valon"'s account was disabled and he wants to change his account email from "samtilden@me.com" to "sammytilden@me.com", and to reactivate his account? So sorry for the inconvinience. Thanks a ton, and if you can't no worries.

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay-gon Jinn wrote:
Posting for member "Padawan Valon" that missed this announcement, and has contacted me for help on another forum we both frequent....

Quote:

Hey Jay. I accidentally tried to change my email on the RL forums (didn't know it would disable your account!) So I'm locked out with no way to post over there. Could you help me out and post in this thread:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39388

That "Padawan Valon"'s account was disabled and he wants to change his account email from "samtilden@me.com" to "sammytilden@me.com", and to reactivate his account? So sorry for the inconvinience. Thanks a ton, and if you can't no worries.

His account has been re-activated.
Padawan Valon (Sam Tilden)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you two! Sorry, now I know what to do! Very Happy
Jace Darkrider (Ian Letendre)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello -

I received a request from an existing member that his email address changed. Could someone update this please?

Quote:
Ian,

This is John bakker aka Nohj Rabek. I recently changed my email with the rebellegion and cannot log in to the website. My account is inactive for the time being. I am trying to get it back to an active status. Can you please keep me in the loop until this gets cleared up? Thank you.

John

New address: johnboy3376@yahoo.com

Thanks! Smile

Rebel Legion Council 2013-2014
CO/XO Ra Kura Base 2012-2013
KJO Council 2012-2013
DCO Stormfront Temple 2010-2013
CO/XO Bespin Base 2004-2006
TI/IC 1074, 501st Legion
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Archived Member Profile

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jace Darkrider wrote:
Hello -

I received a request from an existing member that his email address changed. Could someone update this please?

Quote:
Ian,

This is John bakker aka Nohj Rabek. I recently changed my email with the rebellegion and cannot log in to the website. My account is inactive for the time being. I am trying to get it back to an active status. Can you please keep me in the loop until this gets cleared up? Thank you.

John

New address: johnboy3376@yahoo.com

Thanks! Smile

His account name is actually johnboy927... and is now active... There is no account name called Nohj Rabek.

Either way it is re-activated.
Jace Darkrider (Ian Letendre)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much!

Rebel Legion Council 2013-2014
CO/XO Ra Kura Base 2012-2013
KJO Council 2012-2013
DCO Stormfront Temple 2010-2013
CO/XO Bespin Base 2004-2006
TI/IC 1074, 501st Legion
Admiral ED (Eduardo Jara)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We at my outpost we have a problem with our XO acount.

He needs to change his e-mail account, because he closed it, and he forgot his psssword to the forums boards. When he gets the recovery passworld it is senb to.the closed e-mail, ergo he doesn't get to access the forum.

Can you help him?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hopfot (Scott)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't need to change my email address, but this security feature can and should be fixed/removed since it is causing problems, it's not really as difficult as you might be making it out to be. Web-scripting is actually easy if you know what you are doing.
I say all this because some of us DON'T want our emails public knowledge, this may include not letting fellow members know them. There is reason some of us select the option to not have our email displayed.

For personal security purposes this is a poor method for changing of email.

I'm sure someone is going to say "Why can't you trust a fellow Rebel, we are all good people here", my reply is simple "I don't know everyone, I haven't met everyone, and therefore I really don't have any reason to trust any I haven't yet met". Call it paranoia if you wish, I call it caution.
Archived Member Profile

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admiral ED wrote:
We at my outpost we have a problem with our XO acount.

He needs to change his e-mail account, because he closed it, and he forgot his psssword to the forums boards. When he gets the recovery passworld it is senb to.the closed e-mail, ergo he doesn't get to access the forum.

Can you help him?

Username?
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Archived Member Profile

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopfot wrote:
I don't need to change my email address, but this security feature can and should be fixed/removed since it is causing problems, it's not really as difficult as you might be making it out to be. Web-scripting is actually easy if you know what you are doing.
I say all this because some of us DON'T want our emails public knowledge, this may include not letting fellow members know them. There is reason some of us select the option to not have our email displayed.

For personal security purposes this is a poor method for changing of email.

I'm sure someone is going to say "Why can't you trust a fellow Rebel, we are all good people here", my reply is simple "I don't know everyone, I haven't met everyone, and therefore I really don't have any reason to trust any I haven't yet met". Call it paranoia if you wish, I call it caution.

So your saying you do not want to give an administrator your email? You do know we can see your email address... even if you have it set as non viewable.

The other thing... we can use help. If script work is easy for you... we could always use new members help.

Talk to Rome... I am sure he would love to discuss this with you.
JediKai (Kate B)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe what hopfot is saying is that he wouldn't want to post it here, in a relatively open forum. We would be giving it to more than just an administrator. Of course, I realize admins can see everything. But here in this forum, so can every other member.

Of course, the option exists to edit the post to delete the email addresses once action has been taken, but who knows how many people have seen it by then.
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then PM the request to an admin from this forum... I get many requests of this nature all the time.

If you do not want you email known... dont't post it here...
Celi-Offee ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello i changed my e-mail

nick
celi-offee

hane-mail
cece15_sv@yahoo.com.mx

thank you
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celi-Offee wrote:
hello i changed my e-mail

nick
celi-offee

hane-mail
cece15_sv@yahoo.com.mx

thank you

Looks like your good to go!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: