Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8ffcbcd1922a45a5b41ca9e266e8566cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Suggestion for new TPM travel gown standards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Suggestion for new TPM travel gown standards Reply with quote

I've seen that there are standards discussions going on in some of the other forums, jedi for example, so I thought it might be a good idea to review some of the standards for Amidala as well. When I was working on my TPM travel gown I thought that the standards for it were quite vague, I was also asked about details that aren't mentioned in the current standards. Here are my suggestions for some new, mostly just more precise standards for the travel gown.

Current standards

Required Items:
    1. Deep purple velvet for jacket with pointed front hem and high collar with embossed or painted stylized Naboo symbols over coat.
    2. Blue/purple under skirt with wide flared bottom.
    3. Purple satin sleeves folded back to expose hands and fitted inner sleeves in same color of under skirt.
    4. Purple veil draped over twin round hairpieces, face flanked by same fabric hair bindings wound with dark purple bead latticework.
    5. Gold tiara holds veil and hair bindings in place at the forehead.
    6. White make-up on face and neck must be applied evenly. No splotchy make-up. Red upper lip, white lower with red stripe down center. Twin red dots on apples of cheeks centered beneath the eyes.

Suggestion for new standards
    1. Deep purple velvet jacket with pointed front and back hem and a high collar with embossed or painted stylized Naboo symbols over coat. The sleevesí top are open to let the under sleeve show through, but closed halfway down to the elbow with self covered buttons. There is a row of self covered buttons along the shoulder seams and up to the collar. The jacket has a dark lining.
    2. Underskirt with wide flared bottom in blue/purple fabric. The fabric should be matte and textured.
    3. Purple satin sleeved folded back to expose ands and fitted and vertically ribbed inner sleeves in the same colour as the under skirt.
    4. Purple veil draped over twin round haripieces, face flanked by the same fabric hair bindings wound with dark purple bead latticework.
    5. Gold tiara with Naboo symbol in the centre holds veil and hair binding in place at the forehead.
    6. White make-up on face and neck must be applied evenly. Red upper lip, white lover with red stripe down center. Twin red dots on apples of cheeks centered beneath the eyes.

Optional items
    1. Veil has an embroidered or beaded symbol in each corner
    2. A stomacher that covers the front of the jacket in same fabric as the jacket
    3. White fingernails

Reasons for the change
Jacket
I simply tried to better describe the shape of the jacket. I was also asked about the buttons before submitting my version, and I think if the LCJs are looking for a specific detail then it should be mentioned in the standards.

Underskirt
There are very many reference pictures out there, and all show the smocked fabric of the under skirt. Now the original was probably specially ordered but I think we should demand that there is at least some kind of texture to the fabric.

Sleeves
Once again enough reference pictures show the ribbed inner sleeves, and itís a detail thatís not too hard to accomplish.

Tiara
The Naboo symbol in the centre front is one of the defining pieces of the tiara.

Optional items
Symbol on the veil
Since there is no clear picture of what the symbol actually looks like itís hard to put it as a must in standards, but it adds something extra to the whole costume.

Stomacher
Not really visible, but itís clearly there so it should be mentioned, even if itís not a required item.
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are great additions, Johanna. Smile I'll throw them up in the standards discussion for us to go over them. Smile

"I dislike smiling. It contorts the face."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: