About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7a0483c04e4520727a2886aa0bd8c02dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

INTEREST THREAD - ROLLER DERBY ASHEVILLE,NC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Blue Ridge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Will ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: INTEREST THREAD - ROLLER DERBY ASHEVILLE,NC Reply with quote

Hey every one,

I have a friend at work who is the announcer for the BLUE RIDGE ROLLERGIRLS. He is a huge Star Wars fan and has seen the 501st trooping at away bouts. He asked me if anyone would be interested in walking around during a home bout and doing something special during half time, like a lightsaber duel or just having photo op's and mingling with the croud.

The dates for the Home Bouts in Asheville, Nc are:

May 26
July 7
Aug 25 - CVI
Sept 29
Nov 17

I don't want to commit to any date unless I know that there could be a good handfull of us there. The August 25 bout is not going to work for me, because I'll be at CVI. If any one is inerested, please reply to this post. Thanks guys!
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will,

Set a date and go from there. I think this is a great idea.

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
SL-6809 ()

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Greensboro Roller Derby league contacted us about doing a Star Wars night too. They set the date for Saturday, June 30. Hit me up for details.

vader
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got the request too.

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
Jedi Will ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I see that the Greensboro Roller Derby is doing a charity bout. I'll talk to my friend tonight and see if they have any plans for a charity or if they have a specific date that they want us. If not then I'll just choose a date and go with it. Cool guys. Thanks.
Kihl (C Bryan Kihlmire)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get on here much but i would love to this! i know a few 501st that would attend too
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortionately this event is not going to happen. My friend here at work was fired and I no longer have contact with him. I asked him many times to get the entertainment planner to organize an event for us if they wanted to do a star wars themed bout, but it just seemed like it took to much effort for him to do this and it seemed like he just wanted us to show up in costume, pay admission, and dance for the crowd. If they ever get it organized and put in a request, then we can go from there. Thanks for your interest, but it doesn't look like this is happening in the near future and it may never happen now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Blue Ridge Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: