About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bdbe6d66193144501a0a3506a86e960eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Alaskan Members!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corran_r9 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Alaskan Members! Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I just joined but I was interested to find out how many people from Alaska there are here. So be a proud Alaskan and speak up! And let me know if you have any resources in Alaska that you know of for costuming. Btw I'm from Soldotna Smile Hope to hear from you all.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we used to have one member in Alaska, but when we conducted the Legion Census we didn't get a response from them. I heard rumors they had moved out of Alaska. So, you may be the only member!

What part of Alaska are you from? My sister-in-law lives up in Ketchikan. Every now and then we make a journey up there Wink

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
corran_r9 ()

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a bummer to hear. I was hoping to find more Alaskan members. I saw some pictures of people in Star Wars costumes at events in Alaska, I thought they were from this site too. Oh well. I'm from the Kenai Peninsula. Its south of Anchorage. Its about a 3 hour drive from there to the town that I live in. My town is called Soldotna. I've never been to Ketchikan myself. Heard its nice though.

Tom Smile
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Corran, you can start the trend. There always has to be a first member in an area right?

Were the photos of people you saw in costume good guys or bad guys? I think there are 501st members in Alaska (saw photos of them with an R2-D2 mailbox). Maybe the people you saw in costume will find the Rebel Legion and join if they have not already. Maybe they are just quiet members who didn't answer the Census. Hard to know.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We actually have a full formal member in Alaska now Smile Spoox joined with her Rex costume.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
spoox (Miranda)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom!
I recently joined the Rebel legion and I am from Juneau, Alaska. We have a few 501st Legion members in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Juneau at the moment Smile

Feel free to look us up on our 501st Legion site at: http://www.akoutpost.com and come say hi on our forums.

They say most of your brain shuts down during cryo-sleep. All but the primitive side, the animal side. No wonder I'm still awake
corran_r9 ()

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and Welcome,
Glad to have you, great costume by the way. I'm still working towards mine. I've checked out your page before , its great! Nice to know I'm not the only SW fan in AK. I will stop by and say hi on your forums! Again Welcome Smile Oh I'm from Soldotna BTW

MTFBWY
datadroid ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

New to Alaska, been in Rebel Legion for a couple years now (since C3). I have a Twi'lek costume, but I fear it may be a bit cold up here in Alaska to wear it, so I will have to work on a new costume!

I live in Fairbanks, which is about dead center of the state (more or less). Small town compared to many places I have lived, but thus far it is a great place to live!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

datadroid wrote:
Hello,

New to Alaska, been in Rebel Legion for a couple years now (since C3). I have a Twi'lek costume, but I fear it may be a bit cold up here in Alaska to wear it, so I will have to work on a new costume!

Welcome Datadroid! I see you were previously in Ra Kura base? Do you want to contact the Legion Membership Officer Lori McKee (Princess Leia Organa) about putting in your transfer to Endor Base or should I?

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
corran_r9 ()

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, another Alaska person, Welcome! This is what we call a traffic jam in Alaska, hehe. Never been to Fairbanks, heard it cold like where I work, I'm just North of you in Prudhoe Bay. Do you have any pictures of your costume? I'd like to check it out
spoox (Miranda)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Joyce is here too Smile Excellent! and all of a sudden Alaska invaded the Rebel Legion haha

They say most of your brain shuts down during cryo-sleep. All but the primitive side, the animal side. No wonder I'm still awake
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
datadroid wrote:
Hello,

Welcome Datadroid! I see you were previously in Ra Kura base? Do you want to contact the Legion Membership Officer Lori McKee (Princess Leia Organa) about putting in your transfer to Endor Base or should I?

Joyce's profile and usergroups have been updated. Thanks for the heads up Kathy.

All the best in Alaska, Joyce. I hear its beautiful country Smile

jedi master mason ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be moving to Alaska within the next 30 days. My wife is getting assigned to Fort Richardson. Not quite sure where it is, but I am excited about getting to learn a new place.

"Clap on! Hand off!"
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to meet you Camonie - I hope your move to Alaska goes well and your wife likes her new assignment in Fort Richardson.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
corran_r9 ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Alaska Camonie Mason! I hope you enjoy it here, its one of the most beautiful places in North America! Try to make it out of Anchorage as much as you can, there is to much more to see. If you'd like some ideas of places to visit , send me a message and I'll give you some suggestions!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: