About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=49b550653c5946aa51b37e2333c7be5aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EB, PA: Philadelphia/ Please Touch Museum 5/4/2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: EB, PA: Philadelphia/ Please Touch Museum 5/4/2012 Reply with quote

All attendees really trooped our hearts out today. Everyone did a great job interacting with the Public. This year marks the first time Echo was invited to appear for the museum's "May the Fourth..." Celebration. We did not disappoint. This event was great, all members of Echo who attend enjoyed themselves greatly. Echo did what we always do , we put smiles on the faces of hundreds of Star Wars Fans. And that is what we were there to do , celebrate May the 4th ( the unofficial Star Wars Day).

Four great highlights stick out in my head from Friday's event.

1. The dozens of kids showing up in Star Wars Costumes.
2. Echo member Wally Peters coming to the rescue and driving 8 total hours to don Vader for the event.
3. Chris Grace/ Echo member from Western NY Sector driving down to Philly to troop in his Tusken
4. Ryan Miorelli ( RL Recruit ) showcasing his Luke Skywalker costume the second time within a week.

Attendees :
Garrison Carida
Wally as Vader
Tim Wimbush as Boba Fett
Sarge as TK

Echo Base
David Castellino as Clone Grunt
Chris Grace as Tusken
Ryan Miorelli as Luke Skywalker (ROTJ) RR

Mandalorian Mercenaries
Richard E Gambler
Nick Abruzzese

Squires :
Matty W.
Sam Jimenez

Pictures

Last edited by Endorscout64 on Mon May 07, 2012 2:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Jaren Valnor (Ryan Miorelli)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget the fact that Sigourney Weaver was filming a new show behind our event, and several troopers got chased from the windows by the crew Very Happy [I actually just got hired onto this show a few minutes ago, entirely because I ran into an old friend on the production crew while leaving this very event!]
Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work Echo Base
sgt carida (Wally Peters)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wow is what I have to say. Tim says it wasn't a great as last year but I thought it was an amazing troop. There were kids all over the place dressed in costume, a MASSIVE amount of Star Wars shirts on almost every parent that was there and ovverwhelming joy from the kids, big and small. Yeah our host was MIA most of the time. Yeah we didn't get return passes. Yeah the bathroom was a mile away. Yeah there were about 7 of the smallest bags of chips I've ever seen in my life for snacks. You know what? We still rocked it and made that day awesome for so many kids that it really didn't matter. The two kids that stick out were the little girl dressed as Vader that kept circling me with her mom right behind for about an hour and the little Jedi with the Vader FX saber. I asked why he had a Sith lightsaber and mom said not to go there, that it was a HUGH issue when he got it about being the wrong color.

If you didn't know they were shooting a movie or TV show out back and Old Sarge and I got yelled at for standing in the window while they were shooting. We got to see Sigorny Weaver at about 10 yards away which was pretty cool IMHO.

Lastly it was great to be down in Philly trooping as Vader. It was great to see Tim, Old Sarge and Choo Choo. Great to meet the guy from New York and the RL Luke who is going to be living about 20 minutes from me later on this year......."He will join us or die my Master."
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Tim Wimbush not me. The Please Touch Museum is a wonderful place , I just keep missing this event because of work.
Jaren Valnor (Ryan Miorelli)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working with that Sigourney Weaver production all week...several people remember seeing a stormtrooper, a Sith Lord, a Skywalker, etc...either through the windows or on the front steps [Sarge and I went outside for a while] so we made an impression on everyone around!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: