About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=10026945294acb61fac6a13941192befMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

can't find the pilot gloves thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MothMonty (Greg)
Outrider Base XO
Outrider Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: can't find the pilot gloves thread Reply with quote

Sorry for making this a thread, but I can't find the thread that listed various sources for Pilot gloves. Any help would be appreciated
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used the "Search" function above and typed "Gloves Gaunlets" and found these threads for you.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34876&highlight=gloves+gauntlets

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31379&highlight=gloves+gauntlets

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26295&highlight=gloves+gauntlets

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21223&highlight=gloves+gauntlets

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11896&highlight=gloves+gauntlets

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14678&highlight=gloves+gauntlets

I also know that Customs-props carries them as well, both in real and psuedo leather.

Trishaleam (Trisha Morace)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was about to suggest the same thing. I got my gloves from custom props. For the most part I am really happy with them. They look great and fit well on my tiny girl hands. However, I wore them trooping for the first time this past weekend and they stained my hands, fingers, and bottom sleeve black. Does anyone else have these gloves? Has this happened to anyone else? If so, do they eventually stop doing that?
DroidWelder ()

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trishaleam wrote:
Yeah, I was about to suggest the same thing. I got my gloves from custom props. For the most part I am really happy with them. They look great and fit well on my tiny girl hands. However, I wore them trooping for the first time this past weekend and they stained my hands, fingers, and bottom sleeve black. Does anyone else have these gloves? Has this happened to anyone else? If so, do they eventually stop doing that?

It's likely that they will not stop leaving stains on you unless you can wash out the excess dye that's in them. Unfortunately, they could get ruined if you tried to wash them.

David L.
Trishaleam (Trisha Morace)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I considered that. I may try to turn them inside out and give them a really good wipe down.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if they're still available, but I've been contemplating buying a pair of these for a while now...

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35875

I have a pair of Damascus gloves as well as a pair from Leather Mystics. While the Damascus are quite comfortable, my only complaint is that they have a big ugly seam around the wrist area. I know that most gauntlets have this seam, but the seam on these gloves is really thick because the gauntlet is made of a much thicker material than the hand part of the gloves. So it looks a little off. They still look nice, but it does sort of bug me.

The Leather Mystics gloves are thicker and look more "even", but the flare isn't as accurate. And they also have a tendency to bleed a little. But they are cheap...

http://www.leatherglovesonline.com/np/MensGloves-ByBrand-Damascus-d650hp.htm#page=details

http://www.leathermystics.com/gauntlets/gauntlets.html#leather

I'm wearing the Damascus in this picture...

And the Leather Mystics in this (much older) picture...

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MothMonty (Greg)
Outrider Base XO
Outrider Base XO

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately most of those links to the gloves are dead or the glove is discontinued.
The leather mystics gloves don't seem to have the 3 vertical strips is that mandatory. Is the flare wide enough they look almost tight on you Alex
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MothMonty wrote:
The leather mystics gloves don't seem to have the 3 vertical strips is that mandatory.

Greg, I don't know where you got that information but it's WAY wrong. The Standards simply state:

Quote:
8. Black gauntlet-style gloves (flared leather or pleather preferred, cloth or rubber gloves will not meet standards).

That's it. Nothing in there about strips.

Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Leather Mystics gloves are flared, but not a lot. So it's not extremely accurate, as I mentioned. There is a flare to them but it's not as large of a flare as you usually see in the movies.
The Damascus have a much more accurate flare, but those aren't perfect, either. The thick gauntlet going into the extremely thin hand of the gloves bothers me. It's a small thing, but it does bug me. But they do still look pretty good, and really, when I've got the outfit on, I'm probably the only person who notices that about the gloves...

The SA gloves look like the best choice, but I have no idea if they're still being offered or not.

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MothMonty (Greg)
Outrider Base XO
Outrider Base XO

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HazardThree wrote:
MothMonty wrote:
The leather mystics gloves don't seem to have the 3 vertical strips is that mandatory.

Greg, I don't know where you got that information but it's WAY wrong. The Standards simply state:

Quote:
8. Black gauntlet-style gloves (flared leather or pleather preferred, cloth or rubber gloves will not meet standards).

That's it. Nothing in there about strips.

I've been burned by what the standards say or don't say before, I just wanted to make sure before I make a purchase
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: