About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1da3ba22655b0ae005cdb83ec8096df0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Chest box help for a newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OmegaStar (John Purves)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Chest box help for a newbie Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I have started work on my chest box and have a question for the experts here on the boards. I've looked at the chest box samples and want to make sure I have everything right before I continue.

My question is, are there any set dimensions of what size the white trim boxes should be, and placement of them? Or do I just do what looks 'right'?

Thanks!
DroidWelder ()

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That may depend on the size of the chest box that you have. If you have a TK-560 kit then you may want to enlarge these dims slightly.
Since the square buttons at the top are typically 1" square, I usually make the white "pinstripe" boxes at 2 1/2 to 2 9/16" wide.

But again depending on the size of the box you have, do what looks right over sticking to any specific dimensions. It all needs to look proportional to itself or it just looks wrong IMO.

David L.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: