About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=79b9e26b7a4bd519cf74a0df4c63c270Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Maker Faire Kansas City (June 23-24)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SapphireGypsy ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband has been researching the hell out of 3D printers. I got a chance to see a Makerbot in person at C2E2 last month. The ABS printers are probably the easiest way to get into them. He's looking more at the Ultimaker's design, it's a little more stable so it can actually handle higher print speeds than the Makerbot styles.

I'm trying to get him to get on the stick with making one so I can make Mass Effect weapons and finish that costume off right.

I might have to convince him to go. He's sad that there isn't one closer than KC, but the other side of Missouri isn't TOO bad. Lol
Jedi Seever (John Seever)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart, I could go, but not in costume. never been to it, but it sounds cool. I'll be bringing Heather and the kids as well.
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found out I am going to be babysitting this weekend so trooping might be out for me.
longshot7014 (William Holmes)
Dantooine Base XO
Dantooine Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be game to check it out.

Dantooine Base - Rebel Legion
Base Executive Officer
Knight of the Jedi Order
Maurader Pilot Squadron

70th Explorers - 501st Legion (TK-7014)
Garrison Executive Officer

Yustapir Clan - Mandolorian Mercs
Boba Fett

Obsidian Spire - The Dark Empire (TDE-099)
Imperial Magistrate
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when I decided to do a prop night on June 23, I had a sneaking suspicion there was something planned for that weekend, but couldn't think of what it was... Now I know it's maker faire... though to be fair, they never responded to my inquiry about us doing something there, so at this point I think we would just show up and hang out for 2-3 hours (no info table or anything more official)... So with that being said, is there a particular time of day that works best for people? and for anyone coming from out of town, you're welcome to come to our place and hang out afterward as well...

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So prop night at your place is canceled or not?
Jedi Seever (John Seever)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to FB, its still going on. either way, Heather and I will be there to get me ready for the 29th, and the kids might be along with us. Although, no idea just yet.
Trousers, Belt and Obi: Completed
Boots: Pending
Robe: Pending
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zazarus wrote:
So prop night at your place is canceled or not?

No, not cancelled, just want to figure out if/when before then folks would want to hit up the Maker Faire beforehand. I found out they do still want some costumers to turn out and got a new contact to try, but I haven't said anything to them yet, so I wanted to see what folks think they would be up for.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, as much as I hate to say so, if people would RATHER do this more fully, I WILL cancel prop night if there's a conflict... The hours for the faire are:
Saturday, June 23, 2012, 9:30 am – 7 pm
Sunday, June 24, 2012, 9:30 am – 5 pm

They've told us we SHOULD be able to have a table space, if we can staff it. *I* personally cannot commit to that myself, even if I do cancel prop night, but if we have enough folks that are going to be around at different times... Of course that would have to be in addition to people actually in costume trooping.

They've asked for droids specifically too (Gary, Tony, if you're reading this...), plus any of you out there that are particulary DIY about your costumes (Z, Andy, Rich...) would be really great to have there, as the crowd for this tends to be people that want *details* about how these things are made...

This is a great opportunity, I'd hate to see us pass up!

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hat trick post! Just wanted to mention that I updated the first post to give actual 'event details', as I've been in touch with the organizers, and I'm also going to share this with the other groups to see if there's interest in this as a full event.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can try to see if I can set something up like a stand for my mando armor to have out there. We will see on that. But I can bring in two of my helmets to show off repaired work and the amount i did on my light weight. I will also look around at some other things too if I can. Maybe some sewing projects or something.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But due to work I can only be there on Saturday, I work on Suday at 2:00pm which has me leaving for work at like 1:15 or so and does not leave me much time at all to do much in the day.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hat trick post :p (I could have edited the first post but meh) I thought the prop night was going to be like Friday night? If the faire is Saturday and Sunday we should be able to still do it on Friday and just make sure we are not up too late.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zazarus wrote:
Hat trick post :p (I could have edited the first post but meh) I thought the prop night was going to be like Friday night? If the faire is Saturday and Sunday we should be able to still do it on Friday and just make sure we are not up too late.

No, everybody has said they prefer Sat. prop night so people might not show... I honestly would be happy to have 3-4 people at Maker Fair for 3 hours on Saturday afternoon at this point; I don't want to overcommit our involvement...

Though if there's a strong feeling I can move it... People gotta say what they think Wink

Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to help out, but I have an event here at home that weekend and my dog sitter is out of town so no can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: