About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=434ae7c53f0bdd790e2d264c1ba48e42Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Resigning From Rebels

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warewolf (Alex)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Resigning From Rebels Reply with quote

I wanted to let you all know that as of today I am resigning from the RL I joined this group to make friends and have fun doing events but it seems that a person can only make friends and do events as long as it doesnt hurt the feelings of some of the 501st members. I signed up to do the space symposium yesterday and today I noticed that it was pulled down from the joint ops. I am positive that those who are hosting the space symposium have no clue what a Jawa or a Jedi are, so I doubt it was them that do not want RL folks involved. I will miss making sick and healthy kids smile when they see star wars folks and helping the puppies from the dog mills find homes but I will not miss the childish games that are always played. I wish you all the very best
Alex
Jello (Tony)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, the point of contact with the symposium made a mistake while posting the thread. It was an error on his part that put it in the joint ops section, rather than 501st only. The symposium is the ones who asked for 501st only, not the MG. A separate thread apologizing to you for the mix up has been posted on the MG boards.

Try not! Do, or do not. There is no try.
Obey Wann (William Blackburn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, I have always enjoyed having you at events. I love your enthusiasm and interest. Reaper made a mistake, nothing more. Please don't go.

There are plenty of other events and activities to troop at, and I hope to still see you around.

Besides, you can't quit when you look this good:

plushie (Shana Farris)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur. Reaper mistakenly posted this troop in the wrong section. He did make a public apology to you in the Cantina. This was not a snub, slight or anything personal.

The Space Symposium has from my understanding always been a 501st only event at the request of the event host. Sometimes that happens, the host wants Rebel or 501st only and maybe a special request character.

darthhair (Jeff Rodriquez)
Mountain Base CO
Mountain Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see your not happy Alex. Like others have stated it was a simple mistake and this has happened before. It is ultimately up to the host. They probably do know the difference.

I have had the pleasure of trooping with you a few times and you have always been fun to be around. Before you go, please consider the fun you have, the good you do and the friends you have instead of a lost opportunity, the good you don't get a chance to do and the friends you leave behind.
Ozz ()

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a damn shame! I have to say, communication within the 501st sucks but, They should have at least given an "sorry but this is why you can't attend" PM, instead of just taking the troop down from sight.

Being 501st, I was surprised that it was posted as a Joint ops. Now I see it was a blunder on the posters side.

Alex, I hope you take some time off and reconsider. You are one constant in the RL. Most people here just post and not troop the way you have. I would be proud to stand next to you and your Jawa any day of the year. If I could post pics on this site, I would post one I was proud to be able to have taken with you....
Ozz ()

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am proud to know that I have trooped with some of the more respectful members in the MB. I have trooped with you Alex, and know that you are an outstanding person. I have not trooped with the guy in the above posted pictures, but, maybe someday I will get the chance.

~Colin
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: