Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=08642648e116aef2ff96f4315e3f278bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Atrus Padawan build thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Atrus Padawan build thread Reply with quote

Danielle,

Here's the spot for you to post your concept, images of parts acquired and whatever thoughts you have around your Jedi. Patrick (Delpa Gival) will be giving it the once over, along with anyone else that wants to contribute as well, of course!

Mark
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Jedi Reply with quote

Thank you Master Mark!
Atrus ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Jedi Ensemble Reply with quote

Greetings and thanks Master Mark,

and would you prefer Master Patrick, or Master Gival? I except we will be speaking alot with each other, or so I hope--and perhaps someday have the pleasure of going to a Con together. My next trip is to Chiller Theatre here in Parsipanny, and then down to Philly Comic Con on June 1st. While I don't role play specifically, I will be taking the mentorship program with serious respect and admiration--and are only too glad you volunteered to help me along. This character is also based on a collaborative story I am writing with another star-wars fan. I based it off a pre-clone wars, Old Republic Jedi styling, with the colors of Qui-Gon's outfit. I am glad that Master Delieto also plays an Old Republic Jedi--it will def match if we get to a Con together, lol!

So, thus far I only have the photos I updated on the other thread, and I'll post them here

http://quiobi.homestead.com/files/561816_10151515419070220_873400219_23605351_302465393_n.jpg

http://quiobi.homestead.com/files/530174_10151515430075220_873400219_23605442_1229698769_n.jpg

It's not really so easy for me to get in and out of the costume. It's too large on me and it doesn't have velcro on it yet, so it takes another person and about fifty pins to have it stay on me. I have a seamstress that will be tailoring it down, finally, and adding the velcro.

The things I know I need to work on are the robes, boots and lightsaber. This will be the first costume of about three I plan on putting together, with one Jedi, one fallen Jedi, and one Sith--all original characters. While this name is the one I used for the fallen Jedi, this costume is for the Republic one. Smile

That's about all...I plan on going with dark brown boots unlike the light that I'm wearing, and I'm not sure which robe is most appropriate. I had someone stop me and wonder what sort of material I had used for the costume, does that ever matter? It's super comfortable..

I'm really good at critism, though, and love being a stickler for details. Throw whatever you can at me--if I'm going to represent Echo Base and it's Masters someday, I want to do it right!

May the Force be with you,
Danielle
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: My Padawan Reply with quote

Hey Danielle,Master Gival will be fine. Cool Your Tunic and tabards are fine,and you have the correct belt. Just get the capsuls for the belt and some pouches. Also I believe you need the inner tunic the brown that shows behind the outer one. Unless the standard is different for a female I will check on that.I think the boots are good but they might be questionable for approval. Master Mark please help me out on that issue please.Here are some picts to help you out. Feel free to PM or e-mail any question on where to find the things you are looking for. Remember I am here for you. By the way.I will see you next week at Chiller!
MTFBWY my Padawan.

Seaco Buroc (Sean Connaughton)
Fallen Rebel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: ok i am here lean a hand Reply with quote

you could use this site here to get tunic

http://www.utopiabase.com/movie-themes/star-wars.html

and this site here for you boots

http://911costumes.com/

if you need any more help ill see you next weekend at chiller.
I'm Grand Jedi Master Seaco Buroc

May the Force be with you
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Build Reply with quote

Her Tunic and belt are fine. She just need to add those little details and she will be ready for the trials. Cool
Atrus ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings everyone!

Thanks so much for the advice! I actually do own an undershirt to go under the tunic, but it was so hot to wear inside that day that I left it at home. Also it's just way too large for my frame and makes me look frumpy. It's going to be tailored with the rest of the costume, but you guys are so sharp to pick it out!

Thanks also for the link to the boots. I really want something more professional looking for the footwork--and also pouches and capsules, I had forgotten about those! It's nice to know, though, that I only need to work on such smaller details before I can join the ranks.

you guys are also going to be at Chiller? Will you be in costume? I am going both Friday and Sunday--let's plan a meetup--I'll PM those who posted they are going! It's going to be great to be able to meet you so soon and get tips in person!

With much respect
Danielle

"It will be a hard life. One without reward, without remorse, without regret, a path will be placed before you. The choice is yours alone, do what you think you cannot do. It will be a hard life, but you will find out who you are."
Atrus ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Boots Reply with quote

Found these pair of boots on ebay..they are so reasonable I could pick them up before May, when I was going to start finishing my build. They say they are mid-calf--on me though they might very well nearly reach the knee, as I'm not very tall. I like their look--a bit lighter than I wanted, but, they can be distressed. They also have a zipper, I'm not sure if that is acceptable--and they are "leather-like", but for now I'm not sure I can afford all leather. What do you guys think? Am I better off sticking with the 911 costume ones?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brown-Women-Equestrian-Boots-Mid-Calf-Casual-Imit-Leather-Riding-Boots-AnySize-/250937660994?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item3a6d0cd642#ht_2891wt_1604

I also saw the suggestion for german pouches, but does anyone have a good source for a site that sells that classic Jedi pouch look? I just wanted one or two of those, since I already have a leather pouch I picked up at a ren fair. I have seen websites that sell them but I'd rather take "staff" suggestions when it comes to online shopping for replicas.

Thanks everyone; Master!

"It will be a hard life. One without reward, without remorse, without regret, a path will be placed before you. The choice is yours alone, do what you think you cannot do. It will be a hard life, but you will find out who you are."
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Picts Reply with quote

OK let me know when your ready to submit. Let me know if you need anything.
Atrus ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for cleaning up the thread a little, LoL

Just bought the food capsules off ebay since they were going pretty quick.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEDI-FOOD-CAPSULES-made-from-Staedtler-Caps-and-Plastruct-heads-/120837673198?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c227c90ee#ht_596wt_932

Not a bad find and price, and it's one more thing off the list.

Now just have to hope the boots I've decided on hold out till mid May but, if not, if I found it once before I'll find it again.

Mr. Green

JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find on the food pellets! Those pens are getting harder to find...

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Jedi Reply with quote

Very nice! Your really coming along. Ben
Atrus ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Masters!!

Finally found an ammo pouch in a price range I could see spending on something of this nature..especially being a little battered up!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221015157770?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_949

It was only ten bucks so if I made a mistake by misreading this was acceptable..it's still a cool looking pouch for any other costume needing it Smile

For a long time I wanted to go with the generic Jedi pouches--just to have that cool recognizable look, but, really the character I play isn't about being recognizable or your typical Jedi...so why have a typical pouch?

Also does this count as two pouches, or one? I have another leather pouch but not sure it would match this color--I'll know when it arrives. If this gets a thumbs up here, I'm only down to the last few essentials!

Respectfully
Danielle

Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Pouches Reply with quote

Those should be ok. I actully used a couple or those togeather for my tuskin bandoiler. I found something you can use thats under $20 with 3 nice pouches. But try what you have remember if it is denied you can always re-submit but it is good to get it right the first time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-1-6-scale-SIDESHOW-JEDI-MASTER-QUI-GON-JINN-BELT-443-/180869852275?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2a1caeec73

Talk to you soon my padawan Cool
firebatt (joshua murphy)
Ghost Base XO
Ghost Base XO

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Pouches Reply with quote

Delpa Gival wrote:
Those should be ok. I actully used a couple or those togeather for my tuskin bandoiler. I found something you can use thats under $20 with 3 nice pouches. But try what you have remember if it is denied you can always re-submit but it is good to get it right the first time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-1-6-scale-SIDESHOW-JEDI-MASTER-QUI-GON-JINN-BELT-443-/180869852275?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2a1caeec73

Talk to you soon my padawan Cool

hate to break it to you but that belt is for a 1/6 scale figure.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: