Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a0ca50cc66a9b9fbcdc1b544e78630ddMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mtn Base Swag Interest
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plushie (Shana Farris)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Mtn Base Swag Interest Reply with quote

I know this has been attempted in the past, but I'm curious to see who is interested in having some merchandise created?

I will most likely be springing out of pocket to have some mini-buttons printed up to hand out with the Mtn Base logo on them. I'm already starting price research. ( I love the mini-button I was handed by a Great Lakes Base member. )

I am wanting to see challenge coins for the Rebels. Is there any renewed interest in a challenge coin?

What about T-shirts? Stickers? The tattoos are cute, but I don't know about anyone else, I like slapping stickers on my laptop. Wink I'm a kid that way!

So far I'm seeing the challenge coin is going to be the priciest unless there is enough interest up front.

Obey Wann (William Blackburn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not as interested in a challenge coin. I would like to try and do the Detachment patches, I just need to get with the RMFF's art monkey for the designs.

We've tried to do a shirt, but never have. I would love to see that.

Stickers are good, Jeff should be able to make those, I do believe.

plushie (Shana Farris)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. Alrighty.

Something to get started on putting together.

If it comes down to it, I'll just wait for the RLGS to put together their challenge coins!

darthhair (Jeff Rodriquez)
Mountain Base CO
Mountain Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make decals.

I would be interested in a shirt and coin. Maybe we could do a joint coin with the MG or RMFF. That would definitely increase the numbers.

As far as a shirt, We could do the rebel legion logo on the front left breast and the Mountain Base logo in the back.

We could talk about it at Starfest.
ScubaJedi (Regina Tironi)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my $.02

t-shirt has been on the table for a long time - I just never had the time in real life to devote to it (And it was during the time I was stepping back for SW in general).

The Coin has always been of interest but most members (including myself) wanted to do a Mountain Base coin ONLY before doing something in conjunction with anyone else ... show our own identity first. The thing that held me back was the outlay of cost.

-"Where are we and WHY am I in this Handbasket????"
Jello (Tony)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a challenge coin is done, I'd like to see it be MB only, not a joint run. Let's get some of our own merch first, then think about a joint merch op.

Try not! Do, or do not. There is no try.
plushie (Shana Farris)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthhair wrote:
I make decals.

I would be interested in a shirt and coin. Maybe we could do a joint coin with the MG or RMFF. That would definitely increase the numbers.

As far as a shirt, We could do the rebel legion logo on the front left breast and the Mountain Base logo in the back.

We could talk about it at Starfest.

DEFINITELY. I like the decals, and we can talk stickers too? I'm thinking about the size of our temp tattoos as handouts.

Decals for MB members.

plushie (Shana Farris)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jello wrote:
If a challenge coin is done, I'd like to see it be MB only, not a joint run. Let's get some of our own merch first, then think about a joint merch op.

Awesome. That's why I'm posting here first. Who's interested in what. I'm already pricing challenge coins online, I've found a few different websites and looking at their pricing.

I'm looking at a minimum of 50 coins, naturally, I'm seeing pricing gets cheaper the more we order. Like Regina, I cannot pay out of pocket for a run. It's more than what I can afford. If there's not enough interest from MB only, I'll have no choice but to open it up to the Legion as a whole to get an order going.

What I'm looking at for a coin design is full color MB logo on one side, RL tri-color logo on the other. Input please! I'm a decent hand at Photoshop and image manipulation, nowhere near as awesome as others.

Banzai (Hugh Coffman)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I' m interested in all. Since we do not have the volumn as a base alone, whatever is decided will have to be open to the legion to be able to use 'economy of scale'.
Obey Wann (William Blackburn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, we need to get in volumes of scale. We'll need to open up swag runs to the general populace.

I'm not huge into challenge coins, but I could get one.

Jeff, I could use one of those MB ones in white. Cool

ScubaJedi (Regina Tironi)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we do need to open to the general population - I would suggest sayinh that MB members have no limit to purchase but outsiders are limited to like 2 or something.

-"Where are we and WHY am I in this Handbasket????"
Banzai (Hugh Coffman)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I moved this thread from the public section to the ‘MB members only’ due to the general public is not able to buy these items.

I personally do not like the idea of limiting one’s purchase. If someone wants to buy one or a hundred, s/he should be able to (depending on the supply). Maybe open the sale to the MB members only for a couple weeks. That would be plenty of time for the active MB members to know about this sale. It will also give an indication of whether the supply needs to be increase if possible. If there is a limited supply and the MB members didn’t sell it out, then offer it to the RL on a first come first serve basis. Maybe even increase the supply if possible.
Mr. Bojangles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a coin kind of guy......so you can leave me out.

But I definitely interested in T-shirt. Honestly...I don't even have one RL t-shirt.

Crying or Very sad
PtrsonsZOO (Jennifer Peterson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coins or t-shirts work for me. I'd get a couple shirts and probably upwards of 5-10 coins (they make great gifts for X-Wing signers).

FYI-The sticker thing would be fine, if it was only for us. The reason behind the tattoos is because many venues do not like the stickers, since they find at least a 1/3 of them stuck to everything under the sun, and they are easily traced back to the group that handed them out for the damage bills. Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
plushie (Shana Farris)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PtrsonsZOO wrote:
Coins or t-shirts work for me. I'd get a couple shirts and probably upwards of 5-10 coins (they make great gifts for X-Wing signers).

FYI-The sticker thing would be fine, if it was only for us. The reason behind the tattoos is because many venues do not like the stickers, since they find at least a 1/3 of them stuck to everything under the sun, and they are easily traced back to the group that handed them out for the damage bills. Surprised

Ahaha. I did not think of that, thanks for mentioning that about stickers.

I'm going to continue pricing, looking at some estimates while I wait for the RLMO to give me the green light.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: