About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3d4e8141a0d15338240f0759f688f722Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Luke Skywalker - Grand Master of the New Jedi Order
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Luke Skywalker - Grand Master of the New Jedi Order Reply with quote

Since the Ki.Ka (the German Children's Channel) made my Imperial Knight into Luke Skywalker - in an interview during FedCon XX, here's the YouTube link - I thought about it and, maybe, give the costume itself a chance. Smile
I did get to hear often in the past time that I am looking a bit like Luke. Well, maybe.

But Luke Skywalker's classic costumes are so often displayed that there isn't any real challenge there. So I'm going to tackle another one:

It displays Luke in his garments during his time as Grand Master of the Jedi Order. He is displayed in this clothes in some comics and differente recent sourcebook materials.

Even if I'm not going to do the costume, I'm collecting my research here to maybe guide another one. Let's see, shall we? Wink

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
Master Is-Ma (Ismael)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this costume, maybe in the future I'll do it.

Thank you for the information. Wink
Jedi Yar-Nala ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great costume. I had it done too... and got it formally accepted in the RL.

http://amptrooper.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=146

Good luck with doing yours up Smile

JYN: http://tinyurl.com/6lsnbmv
OWK: http://tinyurl.com/6spls3v
LS: http://tinyurl.com/6sl7vnq
Rebel Pilot JYN: http://tinyurl.com/c5kexl6
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input Yar-Nala. I'm curious about the boots, how was decided about them? There are a couple of pictures of Luke in this attire but, sadly, we never see him in his boots.

Here are the sources I'm gonna work with (pics later):

The New Essential Chronology
Jedi vs. Sith - The Essential Guide to the Force
The Essential Atlas (just for the hair style)
Legacy comic series (different issues)

I already tackled the black underdress and am going to work on the belt soon. The tunica will be the next thing. I already got the robe, boots and pants.

Does anyone know how to get blue glitter? I'm thinking of making the Ghost version of Luke. ^^

KJO | Member

Cobalt60

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: "black underdress"

the standards call for 'dark brown long sleeved Tshirt with mandarin collar'
(not black).
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, what Cobalt said Wink I have this costume, it's. My favorite rebel costume.

Last edited by _Master_Skywalker_ () on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Birdman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys are interested, I have another costume of Luke's that looks really awesome too from the Leviathan Jedi Academy comics. I'll add pictures when I can get to them at work.
I've been making a huge image database for costumes from the different comic series and I found his to be really cool. If you have wanted some references for other comic series characters let me know, I probably already have them, but if not I can get them. (I'm a librarian with access to most all of the Star Wars comic books... gotta love my job Smile
Birdman ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's Luke Skywalker in Jedi Academy: Leviathan
Just thought you might like to check it out since its another pretty cool Luke Skywalker...

Luke Skywalker - Star Wars. Jedi Academy. Leviathan - Right side full body by Costumer Idea Resource, on Flickr

Luke Skywalker - Star Wars. Jedi Academy. Leviathan - Front full body by Costumer Idea Resource, on Flickr

Luke Skywalker - Star Wars. Jedi Academy. Leviathan - image of tunic, belt pouches, buckle by Costumer Idea Resource, on Flickr

Luke Skywalker - Star Wars. Jedi Academy. Leviathan - back by Costumer Idea Resource, on Flickr
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always good to see Luke costumes.

Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With "Crimson Empire III", we're going to see some more Luke costumes out there. Smile

About the black shirt thing: I did some research and am splitted. For me, the "Star Wars: Legacy" comics aren't really legible. There, when Luke is depicted, hist costume changes in almost every panel.
About the sourcebook pictures: The color differs. Sometimes it's a very dark brown, almost black. An sometimes, it's really black. As if Luke just dressed in his Episode VI costume and donned a Jedi robe over it.

Here the pictures in which I think the shirt is definitely black:

(source: "Jedi vs. Sith - The Essential Guide to the Force")

(source: "Star Wars Insider" magazine)

Here are some other pics where I consider it black, too:

I don't think we should rule in favor of black, but consider black and brown a possibility. At least, the pictures suggest black too. And the black color isn't just a mistake or due to the shade of the picture.

KJO | Member

Cobalt60

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem with black in comic books, is you need a highlight color to make it visible. usually, the highlight color is blue.

(I always wondered as a kid, why Lois Lane had blue hair -- I STILL wonder, to this day, why the Xmen's "Beast" wears a "blue" costume in the movies -- blue was just the highlight color, which is only used in comic books to make "black" look visible in print).

--> for most of these pics, the highlight color on Luke's collar is brown. BUT (IMO) the artist had meant to depict a black shirt.
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot like Superman, hair is black but the highlight is blue. Crazy artists.

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, that's a common problem with drawings: Color.

Don't get me started on the color debate about the Starkiller costume or which red is the right one for an Imperial Knight. X'D

But I think this color issue is worth a little discussion. Luke's outfit in the pics resembles his Jedi attire in Episode VI ... A LOT. It very much looks like the different artists just put some robes over the black Jedi shirt and call it a day. I don't mean this sarcastically - it just looks like this to me. And I remember the video games "Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast" and "Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy". There, Luke wears his black clothes, too. Maybe it is some Jedi Master signature clothing for him?
Just a thought. ^^

KJO | Member

Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

I used this picture from "Jedi vs. Sith - The Essential Guide to the Force" as my main pictorial source for the costume. According to the pic, I designed the jedi belt:

I scrambled the rivets and "fast rusted" them. The collar is sprayed and glued on.

At the same time, inspired by a guide in the forum, I weathered my trusty old Jedi boots. It worked marvelous:

KJO | Member

Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first update. More pictures are coming soon when we hit Gamescom in Cologne and make some nice shoots.

Anyway ... after a short R&R during the Geiselwind event ...

... we digged into the woods and made some nice shots (although many were blurred; maybe my photographer is coffein-addicted?). Anyway, here you go:

KJO | Member

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: