About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=16782838c1a8b80a5375d9483da9d4cdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Clone wars Jedi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Clone wars Jedi Reply with quote

I am going to be working on a clone wars generic Jedi sooner or later and was wondering about the standards. The one I am not 100% positive about is "tabards must extend past obi/sash" Can they end at the back of obi like a normal generic Jedi or must extend fully past both sides? Also is there a requirement as to how much they must extend?

18 " aggressive negotiations "
SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can probably, safely say, that since the standard doesn't get so specific about the front versus the back tabards that....

Tabard length in back: The back tabard should either end at the obi and not extend past it OR it should be extended past the bottom hem of the Outer Tunic in back.

Clarification: If we see an application where the back tabards are visible below the obi, but do not extend below the bottom hem of the outer tunic, we're very likely going to ask the applicant to either shorten the back tabards so that it is not visible below the obi (in back) or to make it longer and have it extend past the bottom hem of the Outer Tunic a similar length as it does in the front.

Tabard length in front (or back):The amount that the tabards should extend past the bottom hem of the Outer Tunic in front (or back, if applicable) should be enough so that it is clearly visible that the tabard extends below the outer tunic.

Clarification: Okay, so you want a number? Okay, I'll give you one. The tabard should extend past the bottom hem of the Outer tunic in the front (or back, if applicable) by at least 2 inches...3 inches would be better.

SubClarification: No, the LCJs aren't going to get a ruler and measure the length of the tabards. If we can see that is extends beyond the outer tunic, you're okay...even if that's 1.5" or even 1"....or 3" or 4" or 5" Wink

One final thought regarding the tabards in the back. In answering this question, I've not reviewed all four seasons of TCW, nor do I know what the costume design of Jedi Generals will be in seasons 5 and beyond. IF, up through season 4 it is clear that the tabards are not visible below the obi (in back), then some of what I said will be moot Wink

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: