About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c63a52e43eeb48521118c384c5d639feMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

May the Fourth Be With You Event in Philadelphia, PA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: May the Fourth Be With You Event in Philadelphia, PA Reply with quote

Rebels ,

After a very successful event last year at the
Please Touch Museum - May the Fourth Be With You ( May the Force )
Star Wars Celebration Day ,Garrison Carida has graciously asked Echo Base to attend this year's appearance.

Last year, the 501st were treated very well by the staff, Philadelphia TV News Coverage and had over 2,000 spectators come specifically to see Star Wars characters. The same , and even more is expected from this year's event activities.

Be Advised : This is a Frday Day Time Event !

Event Name: “May the Fourth Be With You” Star Wars Day (Second Annual)
Event Purpose/Benefit/Charity/Cause:Please Touch Museum celebration of Star Wars and its importance to childhood
Venue: Please Touch Museum at Memorial Hall
Venue address:4231 Avenue of the Republic, Philadelphia, PA 19131
Event Date: May 4, 2011
Start Time? 1:00 PM end Time? 4:00 PM
Arrive at Noon for snacks / drinks / Changing
Indoor/Outdoor/Both? Mostly indoor—
Will there be a spacious secure private secluded room for changing into costume and storing personal items?: yes
Will cold water/beverages be provided to keep us hydrated? yes
How many characters would you like to have? Are there any special requests for a certain Star Wars Characters to attend? Flexible as to numbers—would be great to have Darth Vader, Stormtroopers and Boba Fett (since they figure prominently in our museum toy collection!)
Is parking provided? yes

We also each will receive free family passes to come back and bring our families to the Museum at a future date of our choice.

Here is the Philadelphia TV News Coverage from last year :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKvbWBe0Yq8

Squiring: Should you sign up as a squire or bring a squire to an event, please remember that you/they are there to assist Base members as needed as well as to take photographs to assist in documenting the event.

Attendees so far :

501st
Ogre as TK
Choo Choo as Clone Pilot
Scott Lucks as Boba ( tentative)
Old Sarge as TD

Rebel
Chris as DZ or ERT (tentative)
Rob as RFT (tentative)
Ryan M. (Rebel Recruit: Luke+ 1)

Mando
Nick

Last edited by Endorscout64 on Fri May 04, 2012 9:55 am; edited 5 times in total
darthgrace ()
Legion Merchandise Officer

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to go but I am on trial that week. I wont know if I will be able to make it until the might before. If I go kt will be as a tusken.
darthgrace ()

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record I am a prosecutor (think law and order). I have been doing this for over ten years. I worked in Brooklyn, Nassau and Broome counties. Hope I didn't scare anyone.
Jedihunter714 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthgrace wrote:
For the record I am a prosecutor (think law and order). I have been doing this for over ten years. I worked in Brooklyn, Nassau and Broome counties. Hope I didn't scare anyone.

LOL!

Here I pictured your Tuskin handcuffed at the the defendants table. With Luke and Obi-won on the other side!

Made me giggle like a school girl!
darthgrace ()

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was indicted for Assault, Manacing and Criminal Possession of a Weapon for the incident at the Jundland Wastes.

My attorney is representing me on condition that he can sue Obi-Wan for the intentional infliction of emotional distress.

And that is how lawyers killed Star Wars. Very Happy
Jedihunter714 ()

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthgrace wrote:
I was indicted for Assault, Manacing and Criminal Possession of a Weapon for the incident at the Jundland Wastes.

My attorney is representing me on condition that he can sue Obi-Wan for the intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Too funny!

As a side note and I hope this doesn't tick anyone off, I'll be at this event with the Mandalorian Mercs. (yes we were invited) Hope to meet some you face to face and say hi! If you want to find me look for the green and yellow Mando or ask for Nick.

Later!

Nick
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no harm, no foul.
firebatt (joshua murphy)
Ghost Base XO
Ghost Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedihunter714 wrote:
darthgrace wrote:

Too funny!

As a side note and I hope this doesn't tick anyone off, I'll be at this event with the Mandalorian Mercs. (yes we were invited) Hope to meet some you face to face and say hi! If you want to find me look for the green and yellow Mando or ask for Nick.

Later!

Nick

dont' worry about people being "ticked". i have trooped in my mando merc with the RL and 501st guys last free comic day and we got along great. remember it's about the kids having fun, NOT club politics.
Jedihunter714 ()

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

dont' worry about people being "ticked". i have trooped in my mando merc with the RL and 501st guys last free comic day and we got along great. remember it's about the kids having fun, NOT club politics.[/quote]

Yeah, it's funny you say that. That's exactly how I thought, it's for the kids and fans, not the clubs, but you'd be surprised by how many guys don't talk to me anymore because I tell them I'm an active member of the Mercs.

I don't get it, but hey, I have fun with the guys/gals that still talk to me. I'm in it to have fun, entertain some folks, and meet great people, if you can't do that then I say, "don't need to talk to you."

Later!

Nick
Khor Mariik ()

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there with Nick in my mando kit as well. Will arrive between noon and 1. It'll be great to meet everyone.
RFTwannabe ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark me as a maybe for this event pls
Jaren Valnor (Ryan Miorelli)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out I'm free this Friday...would there be room for my Luke here? Also I may be able to bring a squire.
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure.
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the Loading Dock Door after Parking in the Lot.
the back drive is off Avenue of the Republic, to Lansdowne. There is a raking lot beside Kelly Pool. There are service/delivery signs in back...you will see quite a few staff cars. Security knows you would be coming.
Jaren Valnor (Ryan Miorelli)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, a friend of mine who lives very nearby is interested in squiring for us...is it okay for someone who is not a member to squire? He's a professional P.A. in the film industry so he's quick to learn and has an interest in this kind of thing. Besides providing general assistance and taking pictures is there anything he should know/wear/bring?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: