About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=dace7270d8157a21763ac6f83fb1c22eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Breha Organa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Old Republic Senators and Royalty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anakin Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!
...what I am about to say it to be taken as a compliment!

But that sparkling like a vampire! Edward would be jealoux!

jokes aside it's beautiful

"All who gain power are afraid to lose it."
"The whole thing stank, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long..."
Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Nordic Base CO
Nordic Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is incredible! Truly amazing Smile

Mynocks deliver Babies
Naergi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakin Skywalker wrote:
But that sparkling like a vampire! Edward would be jealoux!

HAHAHA! Now it must be dubbed the "Sparkling Vampire's Awazing Sleeves Gown", so much is for sure! Mr. Green

I noticed that maybe I should have moved a bit from left to right when recording that video, to indeed capture the sparkle. Oh well. I will record another video when I have finished the Awazing Sleeves. That will take a bit more time since the zigzag stitching along the 'holes' (which form the strips) takes, like, forever. I already used up 1000 meters / 1100 yards of embroidery thread (=one spool) and haven't even started on the second sleeve yet. Crying or Very sad

Thank you all for the nice comments Smile
Naergi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breha has ONE sleeve!

I'm still working on the other one.

Another video, this time with the sleeve and moving from left to right:

Link

You know, I didn't quite "get" what Padawansguide meant when Maggie said that "the dress didn't do much on screen for her, but in person, it's absolutely lovely". But now that the dress has that one sleeve, it's REALLY lovely in person.
I'll admit that I only wanted to make it because of the impossible sleeves; but now I REALLY love it.

By the way, sleeve: That sleeve has five bones in it (four going all the way round in the lower "strips" of the upper sleeve, one going down from the shoulder seam of the overdress, into the sleeve down to the end of the upper sleeve). It's also stabilized with two layers of extremely stiff interfacing. Last not least, I had to sew most of it by hand because it's pretty much impossible to sew by machine with all the boning and the double layers.
But all that work and stiffness is REALLY worth the end result - Breha's awazing sleeves are not supposed to be floppy, after all Smile
Shay Kenobi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I say... Dear Miss Naergi.... in the nicest possible way.... You are a FREAK ! HaHaha Very Happy Seriously, the things you know and are able to do to such exacting screen accuracy, is just incredibly impressive.

You are so generous with your time and always happy to explain how something was achieved or what technique to use.

The Legion and its members are very lucky to have you. I cant imagine anybody more worthy of costumer of the year.

Thanks again for all of these wonderful posts Smile

Shay.

" Another happy landing "
Anakin Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I see you in Essen don't be surprised if Anakin is looking very intensly at your dress, that'll just be me ^^

And it still sparkles like a vamp;)

"All who gain power are afraid to lose it."
"The whole thing stank, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long..."
Naergi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shay Kenobi wrote:
May I say... Dear Miss Naergi.... in the nicest possible way.... You are a FREAK ! HaHaha Very Happy

Haha! Thank you Mr. Green

Anakin Skywalker wrote:
If I see you in Essen don't be surprised if Anakin is looking very intensly at your dress, that'll just be me ^^

And it still sparkles like a vamp;)

So.. if I snap at every Anakin who eys me too closely in Essen, asking if they fancy sparkling vampires or are just after the adoptive mom of their kid... that'll be all your fault... Wink

anyway... more Breha:

Here are the brooches I made, laid out on my printed, proportionally scaled template of Kay_Dee's exhibit photos of the original brooches (which, you might have guessed it, I needed to get the scale right when I made them).
I know they look HUGE, but for example the entire tassel brooch is just 4 inches long - you can estimate how small they actually are.
I made them using epoxy resin (for the base of the tassel brooch and complete rectangle brooch), leaf gold (to make both appear to be 'real gold') and polymer clay (for the green 'carved' "stone") as well as one small golden bullion tassel (for the tassel brooch, obviously!) and a bit of wire (to attach the tassel to the brooch).

By the way - Breha is FINISHED. I wanted to have pictures taken today; but unfortunately my son became sick over night, so I had go cancel that
Will have to see if I can drive to a nearby park during the week and snap some pics.
RebelSenator (Raychel Enck)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coming along nicely!
MidSouth Garrison, Public Relations Officer
http://www.facebook.com/LCJedi
Naergi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the sun just came up in the garden, I quickly grabbed the mannequin and took a few pics of the finished Breha costume.

A HUGE problem is that the chiffon veil is SO DAMN LIGHTWEIGHT (which you can see particularly well on the backside).
In a studio when shooting that movie... no problem. Outside in the garden.. big problem; the veil is being blown by even almost nonexistent wind ALL OVER (particularly the backside, where - opposed to the front with the tassel brooch - no weight is attached).
I'm thinking about sewing in some lead weight trim, as usually used for curtains, because otherwise I see my veil being blown everywhere except where I want it to be (nicely draped over my back, that is).
Naergi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pic of me wearing Breha at CEII:

Fun pic: Breha NOT getting along well with Anakin, lol... Wink

Also... I made another Breha. As part of the "Star Wars Disney Princesses" group, I was "Snow Breha" - a crossover between Breha Organa and Snow White:

RebelSenator (Raychel Enck)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Thanks for sharing.
MidSouth Garrison, Public Relations Officer
http://www.facebook.com/LCJedi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Old Republic Senators and Royalty All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: