Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=55b19eed43237af38ca954fe9c5bfcffMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Female Smuggler
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonded Hawk ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Female Smuggler Reply with quote

Does anyone know who this is? I don't know if she is a "generic" smuggler or if she could be Ana Blue. Honestly I'm mostly OT, but my wife and I like this one.

Bonded Hawk
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very similar to

Hylo Visz
Bonded Hawk ()

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I saw her already. I just wanted to know if this would be a character that could be admitted in the RL. I don't game and I'm not familiar with the rest of SW outside of the movies. I thought I read somewhere that there are no generic smugglers in the RL. I just was curious if this would be a costume that could be submitted, or would it be a costume for costuming sake.

thanks
BH
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, she looks kind of like an overly teched-out female Han. Which makes me wonder, is there a smuggler's uniform code in the galaxy which requires all who smuggle to wear the shirt/vest combo? I always found that rather odd. But I suppose it could be made to look good if done right.

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe its just concept art from The Old Republic and not a particular character.
Bonded Hawk ()

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well worth a shot.

BH
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tag Aldeggon wrote:
Which makes me wonder, is there a smuggler's uniform code in the galaxy which requires all who smuggle to wear the shirt/vest combo? I always found that rather odd.

I think that formula does exist for the most part: smuggler = Han until the Cad Bane "wild west duster" option became popular. Here's some concept art from the Clone Wars Xbox game for the "female smuggler" character. They even chose to go with the cream shirt option out of the different colors.

Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look who was at Pax East, very nicely done:

Bonded Hawk ()

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks kinda similar doesn't it. Thanks
Atrus ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I was actually going to start working on this costume, only make it a Twi'lek.

Did we ascertain if it is acceptable into the RL? It is from Star Wars: The Old Republic and, since we have Force Unleashed characters, is it possible to have this entered as well as a smuggler?

If not, maybe a variation of the costume. I just really like the idea of a Twi'lek smuggler LoL

Thanks!

"It will be a hard life. One without reward, without remorse, without regret, a path will be placed before you. The choice is yours alone, do what you think you cannot do. It will be a hard life, but you will find out who you are."
theeviltwin ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no generic smuggler costume so we can't have have approval requirements. And as there is no generic / standard smuggler to customise, we can't have custom smuggler approval requirements either.

Han, Lando, Mirax and all the other smugglers all have a unique "custom" costume to themselves.

If you think about it, a generic smuggler outfit would be a bit daft and make looking innocent to a customs official a bit tricky! It would be like trying to explain you aren't a burgler to a police officer while dressed in a black and white striped top, black mask and carrying a big sack with "swag" written on it! Very Happy

Here's a fan's eye view of a custom Twi'lek (or any other recognisable SW alien) costume:
If you are a Twi'lek with a lightsaber and Jedi robes, you will look to the fan like a Jedi who is a Twi-lek.
If you are a Twi-lek in an orange flight suite and pilot gear, you will look to the fan like an xwing pilot who happens to be a Twi-lek.
If you are a Twi-lek in a smuggler costume, you will look to the fan like a Twi-lek in their everyday clothes.

So while a custom Twi-lek smuggler couldn't be accepted as a Fringe/smuggler costume, it could possibly be accepted as a custom Twi-lek who happens to be a smuggler over in the Rebel Supporters section but please check with them to confirm this. There may be standard Twi-lek requirements which are enough to distinguish it as a recognisable SW costume than can be customised for informal acceptance with a custom outfit. No guarantees though.
Autumn Knight (Kate)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm then wondering why there seems to be a custom outfit accepted into the fringe members? I brought up to her it may have been possible looking through the current charter and had noticed that there was one twi'lek smuggler, and she stood out to me.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=3965

Is she an exception to this rule?
theeviltwin ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autumn Knight wrote:
I'm then wondering why there seems to be a custom outfit accepted into the fringe members? I brought up to her it may have been possible looking through the current charter and had noticed that there was one twi'lek smuggler, and she stood out to me.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=3965

Is she an exception to this rule?

I was expecting this question and it is a valid question. I am aware that in the past there have been some custom generic smugglers accepted (and they are great costumes). I also know the current detachment charter mentions generic smugglers. But just because it mentions them, the charter does not make provision for them to exist. That they are even mentioned in the charter may have been an oversight. All I can say is that under the current standards, rules and requirements, it is not possible to accept custom or generic smugglers, formal or informal. Sorry.
Autumn Knight (Kate)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Smile Thank you for clarifying. I've been trying to make heads or tails of the members vs. costume standards vs. forum discussions. It's all really fascinating but great to hear from you so that it all makes sense! I appreciate it.
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we have the ear of the LCJ here, what about a femm Solo? Would that be allowed?

(If so, I propose a double standard: no dude Slave Leias!)

Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: