About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4c6d13bcd47d3b447f5cfd402fcbf517Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

anyone know a good wig source???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigg (ryan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: anyone know a good wig source??? Reply with quote

anyone know a good place to find a CW or EP3 obi-wan style wig. ive found a few costume style wigs that look ok but im looking for one that looks real and i dont have to pay $200-$600 for. my hair is short but i dont have a problem growing it ,the only thing with that is when it starts getting more than an inch long it gets super curley...

i almost got my entire obi-wan costume ready and one of the last things i need is the wig. Mad

RIP brother...
BobaFuss (Doug Cottrell)
Canadian Base CO
Canadian Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently went wig shopping with a friend of mine who is putting together a Han costume. We went to a store that caters to the film and theatre industry (they specialize in make up and wigs, but sell to anyone). Do a search for local places like that, or call around. I'm sure there is something near you that you could walk into. Perhaps even call a hair salon and see if they can make a recommendation.

You could also try places that sell wigs to patients who have lost their hair. A third option is a shop that sells braids and weaves, as often they have wigs too. Definitely human hair looks the most authentic, but you can also opt for partial synthetic or full synthetic. But be prepared to spend the money on a good one. Cheap Halloween costume wigs never look real.

I suggest wherever you go that you take your reference pics with you, and rely on the expertise of the staff to find the best wig for you.

Rebel Legion Canadian Base C.O.
501st Legion Canadian Garrison G.M.L.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: