About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e96826a6d19b7e36eca6055082b8c199Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

How big an influence has Star Wars had on your life?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tatooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: How big an influence has Star Wars had on your life? Reply with quote

For me, it was my everything as a child. I remember playing with Star Wars toys, I remember getting many figures under the tree at Xmas time, now I get to dress like an action figure & make other kids smile & the best thing about Star Wars is that it brought Alison my wife into my life !

_Ewok_Hunter_ ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your such a nerd ;P haha. All started for me through my nanna loving it then i suppose that pulled my mum into it a bit and my dad was into it a bit as well lol. So they used to buy me the action figures, then i loved the movies and its just stuck with me throughout the years. Still love it Very Happy

Do Or Do Not... There Is No Try
Hopfot (Scott)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents were sure to show me and my brother Star Wars From a young age. We grew up watching it on VHS, in it's original format. And although we never had any Star Wars toys, we still pretended that the Lego we did have were star wars characters. We made Blue and Red Star Destroyers Razz

If you look at the gaming page you can see that Star Wars was a massive part of my life. But what you don't see is that in total, that is only half of the games I have owned. But if given a choice of between my Star Wars Games and everything else I own, I choose the Star Wars Games.

The obvious influence that Star Wars has had on me is that I now wear Star Wars Costumes with pride. And have recently created my own Character. And almost every 2nd subject I talk about, has something to do with Star Wars.
Active Legion Member

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopfot wrote:
We grew up watching it on VHS, in it's original format.

Hasn't uncle George milked that within an inch of it's life... how many times have I bought SW ?

VHS
Widescreen VHS
DVD
Special edition DVD
BluRay
now- 3D BluRay ???

Phoenix. ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had always liked Star Wars from birth (first movie predates my physical existence) with Luke Skywalker being a special favourite. My parents had named me Luke, and it had nothing to do with Star Wars it was that three kids on the street already had the name Lucas (thank goodness, I would much rather Luke).

But it wasn't until around Grade 10 High School that it truly began. A New Hope screened on a Friday night somewhere back in '95 and I recorded it. Following Friday the same with The Empire Strikes Back, and again the following Friday with Return of the Jedi. After school I would watch one of them, always in sequential order. My Mother said one time, "Do you realise you have watched one of these every day for the last two weeks?" I hadn't realised at all, I just liked these really cool movies. Then, as a Dungeon & Dragons geek, I discovered the Star Wars Roleplaying Game and that began my thirst for Star Wars knowledge and sent me into the Expanded Universe.

It sort of settled a little throughout my twenties, but I still managed to get on the news for each of the Prequels and loved that Star Wars was continuing. But in 2011, I saw the 501st in Brisbane and suddenly I felt like it was OK to be a huge Star Wars fan again - there was the 501st and the Rebel Legion and they were Star Wars fans that were doing good in the world! Laughing
firebird ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big an influence has Star Wars had on my life? Huge, I am broke thanks to Star Wars and Chewie. Thanks a bunch Dave Razz
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

firebird wrote:
How big an influence has Star Wars had on my life? Huge, I am broke thanks to Star Wars and Chewie. Thanks a bunch Dave Razz

Happy to do my bit ! *lol* Laughing

Phoenix. wrote:
that began my thirst for Star Wars knowledge and sent me into the Expanded Universe.

always great to meet another EU reader !! Have a favourite book ? I've read over 100 SW novels but the only 1 I read twice was Vector Prime.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tatooine Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: