Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=23d9edf86ad9d723cdf3d7bbd500fd45Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Luke Skywalkers Tatooine boots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Sniper (Craig Budge)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Luke Skywalkers Tatooine boots Reply with quote

I'm about to start on doing my Luke Skywalker costume. Can anyone here point me in the right direction when it comes to his boots? I've been checking without much luck. I can get leather boots and spray them the right colour, but suede or canvas ones are not easy to find.

Any help would be fantastic. Luke 2
Anakin Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're looking for JDOS, search for him on facebook. he does custom boots to you size! Laughing and have made lukes boots

"All who gain power are afraid to lose it."
"The whole thing stank, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long..."
Jedi of Poker (Tim {T.J.} Balski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakin- I think Craig is referring to Luke Ep IV, which is meant to be canvas shoes wth leg wraps (known as putees)...

Craig- I'm in the same situation as I'm building a Luke Ep4 for someone else. To avoid using leg wraps, I'm considering using rubber muck boots.
I'd have to:
1. Spray the feet with appropriate color spray and press cheese cloth onto it as it dries to get that canvas appearance -then-
2. Wrap the ankles and upper boot w/ matching color cheese cloth or muslin, applying shoe-goo adhesive as we move long the wrap.

Any other Luke costumers agree w/ this concept??? Please post.
Bushwhacker extraordinaire/Squad Leader
Phoenix 7

"Flattery will get you nowhere, but {for the sake of my fragile ego} please don't stop trying..."
The Sniper (Craig Budge)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Tim the idea of spraying a tan colour, then covering it with cheese cloth is a good idea. I'd just need to colour match the leg wraps/puttees with that.

All that I would need to buy is a pair of desert boots (what we in Australia call them) the right style (like TK boots) and make the leg wraps out of bleached canvas doubled over to be5cm wide, them match the colour.

Not too difficult, but want to get it right. Very Happy
Anakin Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim - Yeah those boot/shoes he wears on tatooine?(and the whole movie i guess exepct when he is in trooper or pilot gear) JDOS have made a set there are pic on his facebook page.

if I am mistaken on what kind og boots/shoes then i am sorry

"All who gain power are afraid to lose it."
"The whole thing stank, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long..."
Jedi of Poker (Tim {T.J.} Balski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the FB photo- you're right... http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=101791609867945&set=a.101718193208620.834.101155519931554&type=3&theater
He also has my interchangeable spat boots in his photo album... http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=122616234452149&set=a.101718193208620.834.101155519931554&type=3&theater

My client doesn't want to always have to deal w/ leg wraps, so I need to find a solution w/ wraps attached to knee-length boots.
Bushwhacker extraordinaire/Squad Leader
Phoenix 7

"Flattery will get you nowhere, but {for the sake of my fragile ego} please don't stop trying..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: