About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8a46daf91582fcd2e5b150bae3eab53bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Free Comic Book Day 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Hawaii Outpost -> Hawaii Outpost Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (3)

(5)

User Registered Confirmed
AdaliFri Mar 16, 2012 1:45 am
JayTee ErricckMon Apr 02, 2012 7:49 pm
boomer56Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:36 am
User Registered Confirmed
WetOkoleWed Mar 28, 2012 8:42 pm
kNytEMon Apr 02, 2012 10:27 pm
oldman808Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:26 am
shadow666Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:32 am
KalbuirWed May 02, 2012 12:30 am
JayTee Erricck ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: T.V. Promotional Appearance for Free Comic Book Day Reply with quote

Our main contact at the Library System just informed me that we need one of our members to appear on KHON's morning show. [Not where I work. It's another station.]

Who: Rebel Legion Hawai'i Outpost member (IN COSTUME)
What: Appearance on KHON's MORNING news
When: Monday - April 30th, 2012
Where: KHON Studios on Piikoi, across the street from Ala Moana
Why: To promote our upcoming appearances for Free Comic Book Day

The tricky part? You must be there & ready to be on air NO LATER THAN 5:30 A.M. in the morning! [I would say, shoot to be there by 4:30 or 5:00 a.m., depending on how much time it takes you to get costumed up & ready to go.] Word is, the appearance should happen around 5:45 a.m..

Can anyone do this? Please post here to let us know. They don't need a lot of people. Just (at least) ONE member of RLHO to represent our group! GO GOOD SIDE!

Jay Tee Erricck
boomer56 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can make the KHON appearance if nobody else can make it. Who's the point of contact?

Boomer

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: More Info RE: KHON Appearance Reply with quote

Aloha, Guns.

Okay, Lauren told me that Tory will be appearing at KHON to represent the 501st while promoting Free Comic Book Day 2012. Lauren (of Aina Haina Public Library) is also going to represent HPLS (the Hawaii Public Library System). She was the person to invite the RLH to these appearances 2 years ago.

Lauren is still trying to get the okay from KHON to have a 2nd costuming person (i.e. you, Anthony!) to be at this appearance so it can be "fair" and the RLHO can have representation as well!

I will let you know as soon as she gets back to me with the response from KHON.

Her full name is Lauren Yamasaki.

I think one of the contacts at KHON is named Wendy Wehr.

The other library person that set this up is Paul H. Mark.

I'm guessing, if my experience in t.v. news is any indicator, that (if they okay you being there,) you all will be a part of maybe a 2 minute "hit" (yes, that quick) on air. A photog (videojournalist) may or may not shoot "B-Roll" of you guys. Not sure. Who knows. It's just my guess.

I will be sending you the list of RLHO's appearances for Free Comic Book Day (May 5th) with times, etc. AND I'll be sending you a few short notes about RLHO in case they ask you for some "background".

I'll be in touch. Shoots! K-den.

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee

P.S. Lauren said Tory will be there as a "Stormtrooper". So, I'm assuming TK, not Scout Trooper. (?) In any case, I'm also guessing that the news talent (anchors, etc.) might be talking directly to Lauren instead of to you & Tory. I could be wrong. Again, just a guess. I'll be sending you the info ANYWAY, just in case.
boomer56 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger that JT.

Dagobah/Bespin Luke will be standing by to represent RLHO if needed.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Bespin Fatigues Luke is a GO! Reply with quote

Guns,

You have a green light regarding repping RLHO / promoting FCBD at KHON.

I forwarded an e-mail to you. I FAILED to include the attachment, though. Will work on it.

Lauren said she will be the person being asked questions but I will Carbon Copy you the notes about RLHO like I mentioned IN CASE they actually send a question your way while you are all on air! [My guess is they are more likely to ask a question of you about your cool costume than anything else!]

Mahalo nui loa for doing this, Tony. Much appreciated!

May the Force be with you!

Sincerely,
Jay Tee Erricck
boomer56 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you JT for the heads up on this.

Gunner

Hawaii Outpost XO
Hawaii Outpost XO

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry all,
I have to work this sat and wont be able to attend this event.

Daniel
Adali ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bit of an after action for Mcully.

Well I was alone at Mcully but the librarian there was a Star Wars fan and made some excellent cookies as a thank you for us. There was a decent size group of kids and adults there that wanted to take pictures or say Hi. It was a good day I think and hopefully I represented the Rebel Legion well. Cheers till the next trooping.
Adali ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture From the Hawaii State Library.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/545723_10150833499897435_827302434_9539555_76671179_n.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Hawaii Outpost -> Hawaii Outpost Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: