About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=91c3cd50b2d7877b91861201c1e61004Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

I'm new to RL
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xile Demora (Anthone)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: I'm new to RL Reply with quote

Hello every body on Nar Shaddaa I'm new to Rebel Legion, to be honest this is the first time I've even decided to start costuming. I just wanted to say hi to all those Star Wars Fans in WI and IL. I'm hoping to get to know most of you.

Here's a bit about me:
I'm an artist at heart and love Star Wars, mainly for that aspect of it but I do love the science behind it as well. I'm slowly starting to get into Lightsaber Dueling but I still know very little. Like I stated above I just started to get into Costuming unfortunately I'm just starting to work on a custom made Costume. I own my own Star Wars Based Role-playing Forum, send a PM if you want to know more (I'm always in need of help.)

Any who I do have an ulterior motive for posting on Nar Shaddaa. I'm looking for some members that live near West Bend, WI and would like to hang out, watch Star Wars, become friends, or even enemies (aka bash each other with Lightsabers LOL). I'm also looking for someone that wants to go to CVI, said person would only need to be able to pay half the hotel fee and their half for the plane ticket. I've already paid for the CVI ticket package so I won't need payment for those or anything included in the package. If your interested at all message me in a PM and I can tell you more.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What costume have you started on?

Sorry, I am not from WI...but from IL (south of Chicago)...

Right now, most of us have already made "roomie" plans for Celebration...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Xile Demora (Anthone)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a custom Jedi with a grey hooded tunic, black tabbards, black undershirt (possibly grey), Grey cargo/BDU pants, black combat boots (possibly longer boots haven't decided), and it's all completed by black hand wraps. It's a custom design I drew up and think it would be fun to wear.

Well I'm mainly asking cause I don't want to go alone I would be way too bored. Plus it's a discounted ticket (aka they only pay for hotel and plane)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a rule, the Rebel Legion does not accept "custom Jedi" costumes.
You must have a formal costume to become a member...after that you are free to do more informal costumes.

By the colors you are choosing, your costume would fall under theNew Republic Jedi costume standards...

here is a copy and paste of the costume standard for generic New Republic Jedi...

Generic Jedi, New Republic

Required Items:
Outer Tunic/Jacket
Utility Belt (similar to canon belts in construction) with D-ring
Leather, suede, leather-like boots at least calf length. No rubber boots or visible laces
Lightsaber (no toys) and no red blade
Pants or skirt
No visible t-shirts
No loud colors like pink or neon green. Natural colors like brown, black, grey, white, green, blue, and red are fine.

Formal Requirements:

You must have at least three items from the list to be formal.
Robe or Cape (Recommended)
Leather (or similar) Pouches
Vest or tabards
Obi/Sash
Belt tools-- droid caller, battery packs, etc.
Blaster with holster

Vadersblade (Robert)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've actually got over 25 members from IL and WI Rebel Legion and 501st going down to CVI. Most of us already have our hotel rooms booked. I'm waiting a little bit before booking the flight, though I'll probably fly southwest so I can get the free checked bags.

Best way to meet some of the members is to come out to a troop and introduce yourself! It's getting close to the busy troop and con season, so you should have no problems finding something close to you. Keep checking the event forums not only here, but also the WI Garrison 501st boards.

Hope to meet you sometime soon!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My costume is why I can't be a full member and won't be able to Troop with the people here I do plan on making a Generic Jedi Costume but just not for my first one. Technically my costume does follow those rules there just isn't a Jedi that I know of with the colors I've chosen. At least not that I know of...

Well if I make a movie accurate costume I will try to troop that should be fun and think it would be a good way to meet others. For now I'm fine with just chatting on here until I have the funds to make a different costume.
Vadersblade (Robert)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you don't troop an event, a lot of the things we do are open to the public (like conventions, library events, etc). You can always stop by one of those in civvies and say hi. Until then, keep chatting us up here on the boards!
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, depending on what pieces you do have...
maybe swapping out a few inexpensive pieces would still get you "up to code"....

Why don't you post a photo of your costume as it appears now...

I am one of the Jedi judges...so...I can at least give you some pointers..

Wink

Crix ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xile Demora wrote:
My costume is why I can't be a full member and won't be able to Troop with the people here I do plan on making a Generic Jedi Costume but just not for my first one. Technically my costume does follow those rules there just isn't a Jedi that I know of with the colors I've chosen. At least not that I know of...

Well if I make a movie accurate costume I will try to troop that should be fun and think it would be a good way to meet others. For now I'm fine with just chatting on here until I have the funds to make a different costume.

I dont think colors mater.. as long as the design is right..

post a pic here.. like Phyllis said, she is one of the judges.. she can tell you if you need to adjust anything for a formal costume.. you might be closer than you think.

CO of The 'Verse (firefly/Serenity costume club)
SL/TK/IC 4913 of the 501st
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colour only matters for old republic jedi. you can have a formal new rebublic costume as your first one. this can be in different clours than brown
Xile Demora (Anthone)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would post a picture except none of the stuff is close to being put together I think the only thing made is a hood... So there really isn't much to go by right now but the following image is what I'm aiming for in the look of the robes. So far that's a rough draft of the look as I will probably make an undershirt similar to old Obi-Wan's instead of what you see in the drawing.

http://demora-ix.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4nj4a3

The following is an eventual design that I want to flesh out and make which I'm sure would be the easier one to get approved.
http://demora-ix.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d48xpkz
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...as you move along through the project...post some photos of what you have done...
but a lot of the elements seen in the drawing are consistant with NRJ costumes...
except for the red saber...

Wink

Xile Demora (Anthone)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Lightsaber I have will be Green, well the main one is. My off hand Lightsaber will be yellow or purple (haven't decided). Could I have a non working red Lightsaber hanging from my belt? By non-working I mean it doesn't have a blade, any sound effects, or light but where the emitter is there's a Red Crystal showing.

Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures soon.
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xile Demora wrote:
Well the Lightsaber I have will be Green, well the main one is. My off hand Lightsaber will be yellow or purple (haven't decided). Could I have a non working red Lightsaber hanging from my belt? By non-working I mean it doesn't have a blade, any sound effects, or light but where the emitter is there's a Red Crystal showing.

Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures soon.

I am sure that the lightsaber with the red crystal would be fine...lol...you could even cover up the red temporarily with some duct tape or something..

Wink

Xile Demora (Anthone)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw the tape I'm using a duck... I probably won't cover it with tape cause then it wouldn't look right but I could possibly add a blue paint over the red crystal. Depending on the Transparency of the paint it could make it look purple, what's a good transparent paint?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: