About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=41dbd21902a1f76ba695a1ed7fe8018dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Manchester Public Library Event Request June 9th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (0)
 10 slots left to register.
 (0)
 10 slots left to register.
User Registered Confirmed
User Registered Confirmed
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Manchester Public Library Event Request June 9th Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I have just received a request from the Iowa Public Library in Manchester, here is their request:
Quote:
We would basically be happy with any characters available that day. Yes, we would love a mix of good and bad.
We are offering a summer reading program for all ages this year, with the themes "Dream Big- Read", "Own the Night"(teens) and "Between the covers" (adult). We will be having programming to do with space, stars, night, etc. throughout the summer. To celebrate accomplishing reading goals, we would like to have a summer reading "finale" with the opportunity for all to get their pictures taken with some Star Wars characters, final drawing for prizes, and other activities--some origami yoda, face painting, etc. Your appearance would also attract more people into the library where they could find out about all we offer.

I know this is really far out, but please post up if you are willing to attend and/or take over as main point of contact. I have no idea where Manchester is, so I don't know if we have anyone close enough to troop this, so I'm looking more for interest level at this time. That way I can contact them back once I know if there is even a chance we can cover it.

thanks!
Please let me know!

EDIT 5/21: So...they changed the date to Saturday June 9th. Please let me know if anyone can troop this ASAP!

Last edited by Masterbean (Brian Bean) on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Talulabelle (Sarah Brumfield)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Manchester is about an hour north of Cedar Rapids.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Or June 9th? Reply with quote

I have heard back from the Librarian, she would really like to have anyone show up. She said that there would be free cookies, air conditioning and if need be they will cover the cost.
She also mentioned that they would be open to having this kick off their summer reading thing on Saturday June 9th if that works better.
I will make a post on CG to see if we can get anyone to this
VaderDave (Dave Mondo)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Confirmed date will help with planning.

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am..."
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VaderDave wrote:
A Confirmed date will help with planning.

The original request for for Saturday July 28th, she just threw out the other date as an alternate in case it worked better.
So, for planning, please use the first day, Saturday July 28th as the request. IF the other date works better for people, then we will use that. Make sense?
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...they decided to go with Saturday June 9th after all, sorry for the short notice. Please post up if you can go!
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any interest at all?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: