Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=95ab7097c2e0213e9fad255a4f186707Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

A source for the Senate Guard robes? Circa Episode III.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mithras ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: A source for the Senate Guard robes? Circa Episode III. Reply with quote

Hello, everyone -

Having trouble locating this, so I thought I might ask. Can anyone recommend a source or tailor/seamstress for the blue Senate Guard Robes and the tunic/pants that are worn under those robes? I know of only one seamstress, and she's currently booked out for everything at least six to eight months, minimum.

I think I have a line on the gloves, and I'm suspecting I'd have to go with the bucket offered by SE. But hey, if you've got any recommendations there, I'm open to them.

-X.
Ladyghost4459 (Denise Cowles)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visit the http://www.forcepike.net/
There are a few of us out there who do Robes for all varieties of Guard. They run from about $150 up for the outer robe alone. Velvet is expensive and starts at about $12.99 a yard and most robes take about 7 yards to do it right.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mithras ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladyghost4459 wrote:
Visit the http://www.forcepike.net/
There are a few of us out there who do Robes for all varieties of Guard. They run from about $150 up for the outer robe alone. Velvet is expensive and starts at about $12.99 a yard and most robes take about 7 yards to do it right.

Thanks for the reply!

I appreciate the heads up on the price, but expected it to cost at least that much, if not more, given the costs you mention. There's also the added complication that the Senate Robes have an inner tunic and pants combo rather than the velvet inner robe worn by the Royal Guard.

I thought I'd ask here, before Forcepike, since it's an RL costume, and not a 501st costume, but I've posted there as well.

-Alex
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inner pants and shirt/coverall is not a complication, it will be cheaper than making a velvet inner robe that's for sure! Not to mention be a bit cooler to wear. Wink I'd suggest contacting Denise (LadyGhost) she does great stuff. I'd offer, since I've studied the Senate Guard until my eyes bleed, but my queue is too long.

Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, if you'd like an outer robe almost right away, I have one I started for my husband but we're going with a different velvet so I have the first one for sale. I just need to slip stitch the neck and I could mail it out right away.

Here it is with screen accurate arm slits (flash on)

Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI ! I don't know if you are still searching, but take care the senate guard robes are not make the same way than Royal Guard.

If you need gloves, I can give you my shopping adress on ebay for those which I bought the first time, I can buy you some here also in france (a little bit darker) or an adress in slovakia where I bought my 3rd gloves, a blue between the 2 others, but not sure they still have gloves.

Let me know Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: