About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8d1d86c740b6dc8badb304edca22e527Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New SW photo backgrounds are available.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obey Wann (William Blackburn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: New SW photo backgrounds are available. Reply with quote

I don't know if many of you have been following things at the main 501st forums (if you are a dual-member), but there is a member that makes extremely high quality SW backgrounds --that are approved by LFL.

Here is his original post:

Quote:
I am still making these available to any Legion (501st or Rebel) member at 10 feet wide by 8 feet high, printed on 13oz. scrim vinyl with either grommets or pole pockets (2" pockets at either the top and bottom or along the left and right sides) for only $165 per banner plus shipping. These banners will be shipped rolled in heavy-duty cardboard tubes (ideal for transporting from event to event) and delivered by UPS. These are only available in the US and Canada. Please feel free to contact me for an accurate shipping quote and to place an order. PayPal is accepted.

He has the electronic files available for free, for those that want to print them.

The new files are:
Tantive IV
Tatooine
Throne Room
Endor Forest

here are the two that have been available. IIRC, Hugh bought the Falcon one:

Personally, I'd like to get one of the Tantiv IV ones --I think it's suitable for joint events, and it contrasts well enough to work with light (white TKs) and dark costumes (Like Vader, Imperial Crew/Navy), etc.

I can't wait to see the new pics... now I just have to get the money to buy it... LOL.

What do you think? Would you like having a backdrop like thisaround for events? I already have a photo backdrop stand that will work with it.

Jello (Tony)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like that would be cool to have around, regardless of whether it's a joint event or not. I like the Death Star background personally, though I do have to say, doing a shoot to reenact a certain scene on board the Tantive IV has a certain appeal... Wink

Then on the other hand, the Endor one for Starfest would be cool. If we could find a place to set it up in the lobby.

Try not! Do, or do not. There is no try.
Obey Wann (William Blackburn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the new ones:

If the Endor was the shield bunker, I'd be all over it. IMHO, this one is a little... indistinct. It really doesn't say Star Wars. I really like the Tantiv. I think the Throne room one is way too dark.

ScubaJedi (Regina Tironi)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Reaper might already have the throne room.

-"Where are we and WHY am I in this Handbasket????"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: